Vince Limps, Mario Hurts More

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by real, Oct 16, 2007.

1. real

real Guest

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/columnists/bharvey/stories/MYSA101607BuckHarvey.EN.34058a5.html

2. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

You can pretty much pencil vince in to play this week, i don't see why everyone is hopeful that he isn't going to play.

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Personally, not only do I hope he plays - but I want him to be 100%.

4. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

What a Mario bash that report was.

Almost as if this writer is blaming the losses completely on Mario. Its sad because the guy has so much pressure on him he is never going to succeed in some people eyes.

The fact that he said Mario doesn't have a highlight reel is funny...how many defensive players do? Oh wait thats right...hardly any and if you do see one than its over their career and not a game. This guy obviously expects him to blow past guys every play and pressure the QB every play when no DE in the NFL can do that.

Yes he did turn invisible...so did about 10 other guys on the defense alongside with him.

Its funny he talks about Bush's one good game on the ground...as of right now his only good game on ground since his career. When will people get over it, we didn't draft Reggie we didn't draft Vince, Mario has been improving just like those other two guys but its like he's on a shorter leash.

As for VY, I hope he plays. Because I want to see his face when one of our guys slam him to the ground.

5. real

real Guest

I want VY to play...

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Mario isn't very good when run right at. He is a much better player when the play is away from him and he is flowing to the ball cutting off the cut back. That's probably a backhanded compliment though.

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Wow, what a mario bash is right.

I find it funny how people disregard his FR for a TD. Saying he didn't do any work and was just in the right place at the right time. I def. would like to seem him forcing those fumbles, but the defense is taught to follow the ball carrier and swarm him. That way if/when he fumbles- we will have a better chance on falling on it and recovering it. Mario had a heads up play, he's always running towards the ball carrier and he jumped on it, covered it up, and got us possesion. Then realized noone touched him and ran it in.

Mario deserves credit...he did exactly what he was being taught and expected to do.

And In Bush's break out performance of the season...he still didn't have over 100 yards rushing as the primary RB and didn't have a TD, running or receiving!

8. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

I hope Vince plays as well. Last thing I want to hear is "Well, the Texans won on Sunday, but that was because Vince Young did not play."

I want the Titans best effort. If the Texans best is not good enough to beat the Titans best, so be it.

9. dickieb

dickieb Veteran

If vince plays, I'm predicting a career day for Faggins. He will have at least 3 picks. Our whole secondary will look pro bowl worthy! Come on VY rub some dirt on it and play, hell Mario did that all last year.

10. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Well hopefully he gets P.O.'d again and plays like he did earlier in the season. After all, an upset Mario is a Super Mario.

11. disaacks3

disaacks3 Site Contributor

Sounds about right.

Mario's primary job is to be an outside pass rusher (as a 4-3 DE), when the play funnels back inside or is away from him, it's simply not HIS play to make. Gotta love that lack of analysis from a S.A. writer who's obviously not given up on his VY crush.

12. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Subscribed Contributor

Tape this article to the front of his locker. That should take care of getting him P.0.'d.:d:

13. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

"As for Bush, who Mario outscored on opening day: On Sunday, he finished with a season-high 97 rushing yards and another 44 yards on six receptions.
    As a New Orleans columnist wrote, Bush made it look "as easy as we imagined he always would make it look when he was drafted."
    That's laughable ! Maurice Drew-Jones (Bushs former cross-town rival in college and another back in last years Draft) had more yards than Bush even though he shared running duties with Fred Taylor while Bush was the starter for the Saints.
    And if the NOLA columnists wants to see a player who makes it as easy as "we imagined", he needs to watch the guy with the Vikes from Palestine.
    Bush is not even in the same category as AD.
    Mario does lack consistancy and needs lots of work on his techniques, but I'm well past any doubts about him being a better pick than Bush.

14. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

I agree its a bash, but Mario got blocked repeatedly by a wide reciever in the 2nd half. No excuse for that to ever happen to a DE. And it wasnt a cut or anything fancy, it was a hook block. This was his worst game of the season and Im a little disappointed in how the whole D played. But, its just one of those games teams have.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

It's not like we chose Mario over Vince Young anyway.

We chose David Carr over Vince.

The Matt Schaub trade pretty much says we screwed the pooch on that one.

16. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Lets face it, both Williams and Bush have been severe disapointments thus far.

Williams is not a good pass rusher. He flashes brilliance here and there, but is highly inconsistent. He's also not that strong against the run. In the Dolphins game, I watched the Dolphins run over Williams side all game long. Remember the long Jones Drew run where Reggie Williams set a block on MW? He got completely manhandled by a tall, thin, WR

He still has physical gifts, but his nfl skill is not 1st round 1st pick worthy yet. You have to give rookies 2-3 years before labeling them anything, and while MWs production may prevent him from ever being labeled a "bust" he still has a LONG way to go before he's labeled the right selection

17. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

he didn't say that, he just stated that Mario has been horrible for a # 1 pick..........................which I think we all can agree on.

18. real

real Guest

Mario is not a RDE and never will be.

That is the problem.

19. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

It's not a Mario Bash, it's a Mario Truth. Big difference. He has had exactly one game in his 20 some odd game career where he started to at least approach his supposed potential.

20. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

Julius Peppers just got his first sack of the season this past week, and yet it barely makes news.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and in my eyes, what Mario is enduring with this b.s., is going to make him a hell of a tough player.

Kaiser Toro likes this.