Viking's Allen Inured??

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Aug 19, 2009.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Never know what to make about the extent of injury reports, but

2. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

That's unfortunate, sort of. I can't work up a lot of sympathy for the man after watching him blatantly hurt our QB after the play was over last season.

Not cheering for injury. I'd never cheer for anyone's injury. I'm just not feeling sympathetic. There's a small but important difference.

3. False Start

False Start On # 69

Good take. Like you, I never wish injury upon anyone, but I don't feel sorry for him at all.

4. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I guess I'm the odd ball. I actually like the way Allen plays. I think he's pretty damn good.

Am I happy at the two shots to Schaub's legs? Absolutely not, but I don't think he did it on purpose. I'd place just as much blame on Duane Brown. He was getting his ass schooled. I think Salaam even took a schooling from him.

5. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

That's why it's called football! It's just the nature of the game. I'm not mad at Allen either. He dominated Brown is exactly right. I do admit that I was kind of hoping to see some payback. Not necessarily go out and hurt him intentionally. Absolutely not. Just go out there and smack him down H-A-R-D on a play. In essence... school him.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

And I'd have no problem whatsoever with that. :texflag:

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

OUtisde of Mario Allen is my favorite DE in the league. I love watching the guy. He reminds me of one of those old school Steelers from the 70's or one of those Raiders types of players from the 70's. He brings it every week and is good at stopping the run and getting sacks and also makes big plays even when hurt. You gotta love an old school good ole boy type of player that wears boots and a cowboy hat that plays his ass off ever week and has the mean streak he does on the field. Not many like him in today's game.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Howie Long was my favorite DE to watch while I was playing DE in HS. I can see a little Howie Long in Allen. A relentless effort in attempt to get the job done. He might not always get there, but he's busting his ass every attempt.

Let's hope Barwin can become our Howie Long.

9. Texecutioner

Yeah, I'd like to know how many QB hurries Allen had last season, because I remember him causing a ton of plays to end early because he was about to sack the QB and the QB just got rid of it. Plus, the guy had two freaking safeties last year. Most guys don't ever even get one in their career and he got two in one season.

10. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Allen is a dirty player, which is why he gets fined by the NFL (including the LATE HIT on Schaub).

Y'all are free to like who you want, but you're propping a guy that is known for late hits, and these have one purpose.

Do I wish injury on a player? No, but I do think that karma can be a ***** and would not feel sorry for the guy if an injury takes him out. Some people actually get what they deserve.

11. Texecutioner

YOu don't remember him limping off the field last season and pointing at the player who hit him where he was calling the guy out for a cheap shot?

12. Double Barrel

I'm not sure who you are talking about, but the NFL fined Allen $25,000 for the late hit on Schaub. Allen received a few fines last year for late hits. Dude is a dirty player.

13. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Yes and he whined to the media about the guy trying to ruin his career. he damn well did not think that when he did that to Schaub. It is OK if he does it to someone but no one can cut block him?

Besides what he did to Schaub was dive at his legs from behind not the front or the side.

14. Texecutioner

Are people still going to be talking about the hit on Schaub ten years from now with Allen? Every QB in the league takes cheap shots from lineman. Had Schaub not even gotten hurt no one would even remember that hit. I swear it's like there can never be a discussion or mention of Allen's name ever in here without it turning into some bashing and cry baby session on the guy because of what happened to Schaub last season. So he plays balls to the wall. I get it. Players get hurt in football though, and that's part of the game. If Allen played on the Texans, people would worship the guy around here.

15. Double Barrel

If talking about our QB taking a late hit and getting injured is somehow perceived as "crybaby" by you, then we don't have much to converse about. Pretty weak argument on your part to support your mancrush on Jared Allen.

IT WAS LAST SEASON, DUDE. Get it?

p.s. your last comment is lame. Texans fans were all over Travis Johnson for his Green rant. Being a Texans player does not excuse punk ass plays.

16. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

I don't know what was worse about that situation, the taunting or the fact that TJ can't get his Wizard of Oz characters straight.

TJ need to be like Tin Man and get him some brains.

17. Texecutioner

Does the complaining and bashing about the guy have to take place every single time the guy's name gets mentioned though? Every time? I mean hell, it's like a few of us can't even have a discussion regarding the guy or make comparisons about him and other top DE's without it turning into just that. And that wasn't an argument on my part DB, it was the truth. My argument I made for liking the guy as a player came way before you guys chimed in with the typical "Allen is a dirty scumbag" player rhetoric. I mean hell, I like to have discussions about other players sometimes and compare who is the best and why and him and Mario have been a pretty good comparison of who is better or who will be the top DE this season for a while now and it's an interesting discussion when it doesn't turn into just a "bash session."

18. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I would never wish pain or suffering to another human being...but Karma is a *****, isn't it Mr. Cheap Shot?

19. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

FWIW, I don't think it was a late hit Allen was called for. I think it was for lunging into the legs of a QB.

20. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Allen said playing a little dirty makes him feel alive .

The funny thing about Allen is , he did 13 reps on the bench at the combine . I guess there's more than the bench press .