Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

UT Game

awtysst

Draft Guru
Selvin fumbles a point scoring drive, but UT comes up big on D, and get a Td. However the kicker misses an easy extra point so we are now up 6-0.

Vinny said:
Are they keeping these throwback helmets all year?

I hope not, its too busy. We should go back to our simple horns design. Its elegant, sleek, and simple.

Ok is anyoen watching the UT game?
The affilaite I am watching Fox SPorts, showed a crowd picture full of obligatory hook em horn poses. then they showed a guy with the words "**** YALL" on his shirt and stayed focued on him for like 20 seconds!!!

I am strating to get a little concerned with our kicking game. I mean missing 2-3 EPA is not unaccecptable.

Selvin has also put the ball on the ground twice(one fumble) and one kneww down. maybe a problem. UT gets another td and misses yet another EPA. 1-4 on EPA is horrendous. 25-3.

UT int leads to a quick passing td.
32-3, UT gets EPA. 2-5 if you are keeping score.
by the way 6:22 left in the seocnd.

Fiddy said:
That kicking game could cost us the National Championship...it's that bad.

Well hopefully Mack can straighten out for next week. We need to take this game by game. Lets not think Natl Championship until we make it through a few opponents and see what the team looks like.

Despite the extremely lopsided score, the ULL QB has looked pretty good so far. Great athlete and seems to have a pretty good arm, a couple of long passes probably could have been caught if the receiver had made a better play on it.

Vinny said:
Just make sure you stay in front. :ok:

yeah, but he who walks must "scoop". Maybe it is a job for Freshman football players? Or maybe its part of frat hazing. I wonder if you need to take a shovel when you walk Bevo.

WWJD said:
Wonder if Kimberly is there?

Just saw your post! YES!! We were there. Got there at 11am...tailgated until 5:30 and then GAME TIME BABY!! We ended up with AWESOME seats. Section 5, row 30 , seats 1,2,3 and 4. They were right on the 50. What a game. I am EXHAUSTED! Long day.

Next week is the big test!!!

Hookem!

Vince Young looked pretty good today throwing the ball .... im impressed with his improvement in that area .

LonghornBabe said:
Just saw your post! YES!! We were there. Got there at 11am...tailgated until 5:30 and then GAME TIME BABY!! We ended up with AWESOME seats. Section 5, row 30 , seats 1,2,3 and 4. They were right on the 50. What a game. I am EXHAUSTED! Long day.

Next week is the big test!!!

Hookem!

Great! I'm so happy you had a great time. I am hoping against all hope that this is the Horns year to bring home that national championship!

corrosion said:
Vince Young looked pretty good today throwing the ball .... im impressed with his improvement in that area .

Yep he looked very good. Well just have to wait till next week to see how he does against a top ranked program.

my friend plays for the texas longhorns #44 rashad bobino....i dont get the games down here in tampa, so can anybody who watches the horns watch for his number and let me know how he looks? he plays linebacker, either weakside or middle. thanks guys

awtysst said:
Make that 53-3 with 4:33 left in the 3rd. UT is now up 50!

An awesome block by Scott on that one. I know the La. guys were tired, but it was truly a thing of beauty. Engaged four defenders within a two second window. Panckaced three of them. Awesome.

swtbound07 said:
my friend plays for the texas longhorns #44 rashad bobino....i dont get the games down here in tampa, so can anybody who watches the horns watch for his number and let me know how he looks? he plays linebacker, either weakside or middle. thanks guys
Bobino has been playing great. Most assumed he would enter the season as Aaron Harris' primary back-up in the middle. But after his performances in the Spring and Summer, he moved into a starting role on the weakside (Derrick Johnson's former stomping grounds).

Many UT fans were surprised when he was rated so low coming out of high school. The "gurus" gave his height as their reasoning and suspected his abilities would be limited on the Div-1A level despite being a 5-A Defensive Player of the Year. It's good to see he's proving most of them wrong. He's quickly becoming a fan favorite.

Back