Unsecured Texans Playbooks....6/3/06

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Koolaid Time, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

I sent Coach Gary a fax about it.....
    I sent Owner Bob a certified letter about it.....

But I didn't get any response from them....

Maybe this will do the trick......

Last Saturday's Houston Texans "All Access" was very appropriately named...

Last Saturday, in my walking tour through the Texans Locker Room, I spotted black plastic-covered loose leaf binders, full of paper, approximately 3 inches thick, sitting on the open and unsecured shelves of at least six Texan players’ cubicles.

While I didn’t take them off the shelf and look through them, these loose leaf binders looked like Texans Playbooks.....

What else could they have been?

I sent Gary and Bob a letter listing the cubicles with the unsecured binders..

With the mass of people going through there, and total lack of security, someone could have easily walked off with one of those binders..

Just what we need, someone with an advance look at the new gameplan...

Players who are this sloppy with sensitive team documents deserve to be heavily fined or suspended. You can't cut them, because arguably speaking, any other team would be better....

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Maybe the Texans left them there on purpose hoping somebody would snatch them up. But the catch is that those were all fake plays! Sneaky Kubes...

Or, some of the players are dumb.

I prefer the 1st version.

3. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

Just ask Antwan Peek

5. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

How did you mail something to Bob McNair?

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

Then, ask him about his Escalade.

7. real

real Guest

If you didn't look inside them, then they could've been anything...they could've been work out plans...or they could've just been notebooks for meetings...at this point I think it's just speculation

Runner likes this.
  8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

What is this, the voice of reason? :)

Next somebody is going to suggest that they probably had a coach or two with the responsibility of making sure the locker room was secure before allowing the public in, so there was probably nothing to worry about.

9. real

real Guest

Exactly...I would like to hope that the Texans have more sense than to leave playbooks around while a tour is going on....

10. done88

done88 Veteran

I saw that also. It looked like most of the play books were defense. I'm not sure if the Texans had fake books up there to create the look of a real locker room or if they were really the play books. However if there is an issue it should be with security. The one place a play book is safe is in the locker room. It is an unwritten rule that what is in the locker room stays in the locker room. The players need somewhere that they can put their valuables and feel that those valuables are safe. The locker room is just that. There is nothing more valuable then their playbooks and those playbooks should always be safe in the locker room. I felt a little uncomfortable watching people go through players lockers and sit in players lockers. In college if someone was caught in a players locker they were hung on the wall by their underwear. This is the players personal space. It is ok to look but to actually sit in their chair and go through their stuff was disrespectful. There should have been security saying look and take pictures but don't touch anything.

11. Bear

Bear Rookie

MWUAHAHAHAHAHA!

[​IMG]

But being the true fan that I am, I resisted the tempation to take it and put it up on Ebay :redtowel:

Edited to add and clarify: I did take a peek and it was, in fact, a LEGIT playbook.

Runner likes this.
  12. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Excellent!

I still doubt the team was worried about it or they wouldn't have been there.

13. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

There was a report earlier this off-season that Carr was so anxious to get to work learning the new system that he pestered Troy Calhoun into giving him the Denver playbook. Not sure the teams actually regard these as top secret as fans think.

14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Wow....I am flabbergasted that there were actual playbooks in the locker room during the tour. And we didn't even notice them!!

They've got to be fakes. With as much secrecy as teams are about playbooks, I just can't imagine that there would be that many Texans under the new Kubiak regime that would leave out team secrets for public access.

15. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

That playbook is mister Jameel Cook's I see...

16. real

real Guest

Well maybe they aren't that worried about it because they probably aren't going to run alot of they plays that they have thus far...There are still alot of people on the team that won't make the cut so they probably won't have a final playbook till preseason...just a guess

17. kra-z Texan

kra-z Texan Veteran

How the Hell do you memerize something like that. I would be confusing plays and forgettin wher to run.:crying:

18. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Madden would give top dollar for that playbook. Could you imagine trying to scroll through all those plays?

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

The playbook is so large and teams run such redundant stuff...it doesn't matter. Its the game plan that you have to protect.

Hulk75 likes this.
  20. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

That is VERY TRUE!!!!!!