Unofficial Texans Draft Poll

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MikeMc, Dec 19, 2005.

?

Who Should the Texans Draft

Poll closed Jan 18, 2006.
  1. Reggie Bush - RB USC

28.8%
  2. Matt Leinhart - QB USC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. OT

57.6%
  4. DL

1.7%
  5. LB

11.9%
  6. DB

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Another WR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

Who should the Texans draft?

2. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Reggie Freakin Bush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

AJ Hawk. We need another playmaker in the front seven. It's tight, though. OLine is a big, big need, however I think the early 2nd will have some excellent OLine talent this year, whereas the linebackers are likely to be gone.

4. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

I don't know about that (LBs gone)....the seniors alone give some very solid depth deep on Day1!

The first round will see about 8 LBs drafted, if not 10! Well, at least they are first rd quality, which means the 2nd rd could have some steals at the top!

5. Sarg01

Sarg01 Hall of Fame

Yeah, it is tight. There's a whole mess of OLine and LBers, I just figured the 7 or so LBs were more likely to get taken in the first than the 7 or so top-quality OL. It's a gamble either way.

6. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

A hard hitting LB, someone that the other offense fears.

7. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

Wow, funny to see the amount that have voted for an OT instead of RB (Reggie Bush - wow, his initials are RB as in Running Back.....sort of like TOny Dorsett and TD! - now we must get him!!!) :yahoo:

I'd be happy with an OT or LB, or even better trade down and get an OT or LB....but not another RB or WR with 1st rd pick!

8. real

real Guest

Why not a RB? At some point we will need another offensive weapon to be succesful.... Why not Reggie, who is supposed to be one of the greatest in 20 Years ?

9. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Had to go OT right now I am big on Eric Winston and Marcus Mcneil. Also big on second rounders Davin Joseph(I pray he last till then) and Jeremy Trueblood. would not mind seeing Howard from UTEP in here if we switch to a 4-3 and I could never argue with picking Mario Williams from N.C. State.

10. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

In 20 years??? Are you talking about Bo Jackson?? Because there have been plenty of great ones since 1986. Who are you speaking of precisely? Barry Sanders (1989)? Thurmon Thomas (1988)? Emmitt Smith (1990)?? Marshall Faulk (1994)?? Jerome Bettis (1993)?

Who exactly? Just curious.

Thomas Howard would definately be a great pickup in the 2nd rd!

BTW, we do need some "weapons" on Offense, they just do not play WR, RB or QB.....and no TE is worthy of a top 5 pick. Are you guys forgetting that the game is won in the trenches??? The Texans have been getting manhandled at the LOS (especially on the Offensive side). Most of the time they look like they are playing roller derby out there!

LBs are deep (Hawk, Ryans, Greenway, Howard....all SRs!). OTs are not too shabby with the top being deep enough to get solid players in the 2nd AND third rounds!

11. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

no, the guys available then will not satisfy many fans for long as far as OT's go.

LB's that could drop: Brooks, Sims, Howard, Ryans, Lawson, Greenway.

DB's that could drop that we need: Huff, Allen, Landry, Simpson

12. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

I think that if we don't get the number one pick, we should trade down a few picks and draft Marcedes Lewis. A good TE can really help a struggling team and can be a good outlet for a quarterback with a struggling line. Look at how Antonio Gates has helped the Chargers. I'm not saying that Marcedes Lewis is going to be as dominant as Antonio Gates, but I think that he is going to be a great player and TE is one of our weakest positions.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

who should we draft? the bpa :cool:

we need playmakers on both sides & solid drafting of linemen in the early to middle rounds. Green Bay is just getting whacked I doubt they win another game this year. N.O. is in complete disaray & San Fran made a terrible choice drafting Smith cause there gonna be right back where they started. therefore I doubt Bush or Leinart will even be an option, which means linemen by default unless we change coaching & schemes and need a pass rushing defensive end like a Mario Williams. To everyone who complained we passed on Peppers well here's your chance.

my point is who should we draft depends on too many variables at this time to make an informed intelligent decision. when the regular season is finished in a couple more weeks, along with the bowls and early entrys then we should be able to anaylize the situation and come up with a unified choice :twocents:

14. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

I'm going to make 20 accounts for the sake of voting for Bush in polls.

15. Scooter

Scooter Funky

vocal minority. for all of the draft bush posts littering these forums, he's yet to win any polls. that's good news to me.

16. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

That does not surprise me with the avatar you are sporting. Integrity was thrown out the window a long time ago.

17. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

I think it has more to do with your IPO address, not your HT.com MB accts.

And yes, it would be better to wait until the deadline for early entrants to gage the draft, but that minor detail has not stopped all the Bush wanters!

18. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

We have enough of this going on already. Every week another 10-15 new users spring up and start duplicate threads over and over again about a particular view on issues, frequently restating word-for-word what has been posted in previous threads that had thankfully died out.

19. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

I sincerely hope we don't draft a TE in the first two rounds, much less the mid-first round.

20. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

I think that if we passed on DJ, a LOLB because he didnt fit the system, then pick up a LOLB with less "playmaking" ability, this could officially be called the worse organization ever. Add that with NOT drafting a lineman after yet another sack record is poised to fall...:bomb: