Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Uniform combinations for away games?

Texanator

Rabid Brahma
As an avid, no, RABID fan, I like to coordinate my jersey color with the team like most fans do.
For many years this info was under the drop down menu for "Gameday"
I went to check today's combo (vs Raiders) and now notice they only report the home game combos.
Does anybody know why they changed this or where to find the information?
We don't always wear white over blue when we are on the road to my knowledge.
Thanks in advance and GO TEXANS!

I tend to ignore the "team" away jersey color and dress in the color least like those in the opposing team's palette. ;)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

As an avid, no, RABID fan, I like to coordinate my jersey color with the team like most fans do.
For many years this info was under the drop down menu for "Gameday"
I went to check today's combo (vs Raiders) and now notice they only report the home game combos.
Does anybody know why they changed this or where to find the information?
We don't always wear white over blue when we are on the road to my knowledge.
Thanks in advance and GO TEXANS!

It's up to the home team to decide what they want to wear (light or dark), then the road team does the opposite. AFAIK the Raiders always wear black at home.

More teams, particularly in the south, tend to where white at home early in the season when it's hotter. Tampa Bay has been in white tops for 2 home games already, Tennessee, Carolina, San Diego and Miami were all in white in their home openers. Jacksonville is another that will where white at home on occasion. I've seen Washington, Arizona and even New Orleans where white at home before.

The Texans used to but now they only wear white at home for the opener. The Browns seem to rarely wear their dark tops, home or road and of course the Cowboys are always in white at home.

Last week was the 1st time I can recall noticing the Bills in white at home. Philly too. Both of those could have been "white out" games like the Texans have.

Pittsburgh, Minnesota, Green Bay, Detroit, New England, Giants, Jets, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, San Fran, St. Louis, Cincy, Baltimore, Indy, Denver, Oakland and KC always wear their dark jerseys at home, unless it's some designated color or throwback day, in which case you'll see the Steelers in their bumblebee costumes.

So for the Texans on the road from here on out, they'll be in white against the G-men, Steelers and Colts, and blue tops against the Cowboys. The only questions would be the Tennessee, Jacksonville and Cleveland games.

Back