Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Undrafted Free Agents & Signings

Diehardtexan said:
I don't have a link but I live in Cincinnati and they did sign him (Wilkerson). He would've been the first Center drafted if it wasn't for the injury to his knee last season. He is recovering better than they expected.
Just found it odd since Cincy drafted Eric Guichac of Central Michigan

aj. said:
Assuming you mean undrafted free agents, Starling, Troy Evans, Corey Sears, Jerry DeLoach, JJ Moses, Derrick Armstong, Chad Stanley, Shantee Orr, Garrick Jones, and Jason Bell are all undrafted FAs (most originally signed by other teams) but they have spent considerable time on the Texans 53 man roster. Teams fill back up slots and special teams with undrafted free agents. In some cases they could even surprise and become starters eventually. Players like this are an important component of the roster for all teams. You can't have all expensive FA's or draft picks on the roster - there's not enough money to go around.

And they can become very good starters at that. Flutie, Garcia, Vanderjagt, Joe Horn, and Shelton Quarles are all current players who were signed as undrafted FAs who have made the Pro-Bowl. (Check that. I guess Flutie was actually drafted in the 11th round 20 years ago eek: )
:party:

texansfan88 said:
Wags, can u try to find the Wilkerson to Bengals thing Grid reffered to but provided no link?
here you go...

Bengals | URFA Wilkerson Signed - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:30:13 -0700

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals have signed undrafted rookie free agent C Ben Wilkerson (LSU).

Hey I saw on ESPN Insider, no one has signed Utah Wideout Steve Savoy. What was the knock on him? Does anyone know? Also, anyone now what was the knock on Neimiah Glover from Texas Tech. He was one touchdown from setting the Texas Tech School Record if I remember correctly. 5'9 1/2" 185 4.5 40 with good hands.

anyone have any idea who the undrafted freeagents that we go are??? werent the names supposed to be released today?

Here are the guys I've found searching with google:

Position, Name, Height, Weight, 40, School
OC/OG/OT, Tim Brown, 6-4, 318, 5.45, West Virgina
OT, Sam Lightbody, 6-9, 321, 5.68, Washington State
CB, Jerron Wishom, 6-0, 195, 4.55, Lousiana Tech
CB, Chris McKenzie, 5-8, 185, 4.37 Arizona State
WR, Devin Pitts, 6-3, 200, ?, San Diego State (Chester's brother)
DE, Alfred Malone, 6-4, 298, 5.2, Troy State
TE/LS, Aaron Haltermann, 6-4, 260, 4.93, Indiana

also these guys in for tryouts:
NT, Albert Means, 6-4, 320, 5.35, Memphis
QB, Chance Mock, Texas
QB, Paul Troth, Liberty

mj. said:
Here are the guys I've found searching with google:

Position, Name, Height, Weight, 40, School
OC/OG/OT, Tim Brown, 6-4, 318, 5.45, West Virgina
OT, Sam Lightbody, 6-9, 321, 5.68, Washington State
CB, Jerron Wishom, 6-0, 195, 4.55, Lousiana Tech
CB, Chris McKenzie, 5-8, 185, 4.37 Arizona State
WR, Devin Pitts, 6-3, 200, ?, San Diego State (Chester's brother)
DE, Alfred Malone, 6-4, 298, 5.2, Troy State
TE/LS, Aaron Haltermann, 6-4, 260, 4.93, Indiana

also these guys in for tryouts:
NT, Albert Means, 6-4, 320, 5.35, Memphis
QB, Chance Mock, Texas
QB, Paul Troth, Liberty

Good guess on Pitts.
His mother, LaVerne, was on the basketball and track teams at Cal State Dominguez Hills, while his older brother, Chester, was an offensive lineman at San Diego State (2000-01) and his sister, Julia, will be a freshman on the basketball and track teams at UCLA beginning this fall. His cousin is major league slugger Barry Bonds. Sounds like a family of athletes.

Read up on Lightbody...long list of injuries.

Couldn't find T Brown on WVU Mountaineer roster.

There is an Alfred Malone on Georgia Techs roster none on Troys roster

Maybe the different websites have their info mixed up. We should get Charlies list soon.

DominickDavisFan76 said:
Do u guys think Kay Jay Harris is good?

I think he got like 350 yards rushing in one game maybe against one of the Carolina's I can't remember which one. Anyone who could do that in one gamee has to be pretty damn athletic and I'm really suprised no one took him in the draft.

He's trying out with the TEXANS ?

I wondered why no one picked him in the draft, since all these teams are converting to 3-4 defense......you can never have enough HUGE guys to play in the rotation, since they all get tired quick.

WOW there is hope for our injury prone D-line after all.

Back