Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Txan4Ever's 2011 NFL Mock Draft v.1

Texan4Ever

All Pro
This is assuming the Texans have seven draft choices in the upcoming NFL Draft…

NOTE: I did the best I could and although the players may be off a round or two (or maybe even more), I basically tried to hit all our needs.

1.) Deunta Williams (UNC FS) – Not sure if he’s worth a first-round draft pick but regardless I wouldn’t be upset if we drafted him in the mid to later portion of the first round. Has 12 career interceptions up until his Junior year and understands coverage and can also support CBs.

2.) Stefen Wisniewski (Penn State C) – All around tough Center who excels in run blocking and is a solid pass blocker. Decent size (6’3” 300-Lbs) and nimble enough to move around and get to the next level.

3.) Christian Ballard (Iowa DT) – Tough defensive linemen who can stop the run and shed blocks. Could use some bulking up but regardless, Ballard gives the Texan a quick linemen who can take on blockers and still make a play.

4.) Alex Wujciak (Maryland MLB) – Looks like Brian Cushing’s long-lost twin…seriously. Joking aside, in two years as a starter he has recorded 264 total tackles with 17 tackles for losses.

5.) James Cleveland (Houston WR) – Productive receiver who excels in UH system offense. In 2009, he caught 104 passes for 1,214 yards and 14 TDs. Gives Matt Schaub another weapon to throw to.

6.) Jabaal Sheard (Pittsburgh DE) – Overshadowed by Greg Romeus, Sheard has been productive at Pitt and gives us another DE to develop and groom into a role player.

7.) Roy Helu (Nebraska RB) – 220-Lbs running back to complement Arian Foster and Steve Slaton. Can catch passes and averages 5.4 YPC, could be used in goal-line situations.

I like most of these guys, even though I know the ranking have not shaken out, IMO most of your guys are off.

Currently I do not see Williams going where I believe we are picking in the 1st round. I'm seeing Williams currently going from the late 1st to the 3rd round. His off the field stuff has hurt his chances, at least it has taken him off the radar.

Wisniewski is a hard call. I did not like him in the game I watched in the early, but I am waiting for his bowl game and his senior bowl. I have seen go from the 1st round all the way to the 3rd round. I like his pedigree.

I like Ballard and again he is a hard call as to draft position. I have seen him go in the mid 2nd round and the 3rd round.

And Helu IMO has played his way up the board, if he is there in the 5th I think you have to grab him. And he may climb higher.

Over all nice effort

I like most of these guys, even though I know the ranking have not shaken out, IMO most of your guys are off.

Currently I do not see Williams going where I believe we are picking in the 1st round. I'm seeing Williams currently going from the late 1st to the 3rd round. His off the field stuff has hurt his chances, at least it has taken him off the radar.

Wisniewski is a hard call. I did not like him in the game I watched in the early, but I am waiting for his bowl game and his senior bowl. I have seen go from the 1st round all the way to the 3rd round. I like his pedigree.

I like Ballard and again he is a hard call as to draft position. I have seen him go in the mid 2nd round and the 3rd round.

And Helu IMO has played his way up the board, if he is there in the 5th I think you have to grab him. And he may climb higher.

Over all nice effort

Thanks for the comments! Its tough to project where guys might go and I realize I didn't address the CB position. Williams will probably fall but he can make up for it by having a good combine and pro day.

Wisniewski has struggled no doubt but he seems to play well with the rest of his guys, and the game against Michigan he did a solid job of defending Mike Martin the nose tackle for UMich.

I guess will have to wait and see what talent is out their and who declares, but I see 2011 NFL Draft as full of defensive talent that the Texans can take advantage of.

Over all nice effort
If D. Williams drops to third round I think I'd take a chance on him. He was my first round before season started. He has done ok since returning but I wanted him to have a great season.

Helu is a beast.

Runs hard with good vision and has just enough speed to break a decent chunk off. I would love to have him in here, I think he would play real well in a one cut and go system. I think he'd be 5th round value.

Warning: All of the above may just be the Huskers Homer speaking.

Helu is a beast.

Runs hard with good vision and has just enough speed to break a decent chunk off. I would love to have him in here, I think he would play real well in a one cut and go system. I think he'd be 5th round value.

I'm banking on the fact that not too many people know about him outside Husker Nation. That being said, if he tears it up at the combine his value could skyrocket.

Helu is a beast.

reminds me a little of LSU RB /FB Jacob Hester, selected 3rd rd. I like Helu better :)

I'm banking on the fact that not too many people know about him outside Husker Nation. That being said, if he tears it up at the combine his value could skyrocket.

I'm not sure if he is a guy that will put up great combine numbers so I hope gets overlooked.

He set the Nebraska school record for most rushing yards in a game, and at that school that is huge, he will not be overlooked, IMO.

I'm thinking with Foster, Ward and Tate we should dip our hook into the YDFA pool again and not use a pick on RB.

Back