Two ravens invade texas?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by pittbull, Feb 4, 2005.

1. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

I don't know about anyone else, but Hartwell and Baxter would both be huge additions to Houston. Baxter would be a compliment to Robinson. Bigger, physical and good coverage skills. Cannot command alot of money, but will get enough on the open market. But the guy I would love to have is Hartwell. Word in Baltimore, he has become a slight distraction in the locker room, wanting to become a more vocal leader......................THAT'S RAY'S TERRITORY! Bang heads with Ray and your on a new team. Would fit in really well in Houston. Knows the 3-4 scheme. Hits like a hammer, vocal, emotional, and would bring a well needed passion to our defense. Hartwell and Sharper on the inside! Sounds good to me! :coolb:

2. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I would love to have both of them...Anytime you can get players from a good 34 team, you should at least take a look at them...

3. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Ravens will re-sign Baxter. Hartwell is likely out of our price range. Marques Douglas will be available though and would come fairly cheap.

4. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

douglas would be a good pick up and give us great depth. hartwell will command some serious $$$$ thanks to playing next to and being mentored by Ray Lewis.

5. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Another Raven to keep an eye on is Casey Rabach. He can play both C and OG.

6. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

The Ravens are in very good cap shape for next season. I don't see a lot of defections considering that they can afford to keep the players they want.

7. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

The Ravens won't pay for 2 starting centers though. Mike Flynn is healthy and already under contract.

8. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i don't see us signing another o-lineman during Free Agency...gary baxter is a bit of a reach there...he's the reason why they brought in deion sanders cause he wasn't able to do his job...hartwell will comand way too much money...now douglas maybe someone we look at but if the texans are gonna draft spears or s. cody it would be a waste of a sign

9. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Ravens brought in Deion because Dale Carter was out for the season with a blood clot in his lung. They wanted a veteran nickelback to play behind McAlister and Baxter.

10. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

but didnt sharper play with ray lewis ????

11. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

As of now, Flynn is listed as the starting RG on the Ravens depth chart.

12. TexansTrueFan

and as of right now, tony banks is listed as 2nd string qb for the houston texans along with corey bradford at wr !!! that dont mean anything till after training camp, and maybe pre season !

13. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Yeah, but didn't we draft him in the expansion draft???

Didn't the Ravens leave him unprotected in the expansion draft and we picked him up???

14. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Flynn is the Ravens starting C. When he got injured and missed a good part of the season, Rabach filled in for him and did a pretty good job. So when Flynn was finally healthy, they tried using him at RG where he had played during their Superbowl season. Flynn is a better C than Rabach and he is already under contract, so the Ravens will keep him and let Rabach go unless he doesn't command much $$$ in the open market. They will address the rest of their needs on the offensive line through free agency or the draft.

15. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Rabach started all 16 games at center this season and it seems like he did a pretty good job, so I don't think the Ravens will let him go. Bennie Anderson started 12 games at RG over Flynn for the Ravens this season, then the Ravens just switched back to Flynn for some reason, maybe because Anderson was hurt idonno: The person leaving might be Flynn do to the Ravens releasing him idonno: But, I'll have to check Raven's Insider to see what the word is over there.

16. TexansTrueFan

yeah your right !!! i wasnt even thinking about that !

17. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

Flynn broke his collarbone during the preseason so Rabach had to fill in for him. When he returned, the Ravens had him take over for Bennie Anderson at RG just to experiment because they were already planning on looking for a permanent replacement once the season ended. Flynn is better suited at C. Rabach is Flynn's backup and really didn't do anything special to overtake him on the depth chart.

18. Keldar

Keldar Veteran

If he's better than Mckinney lol: ,............bring him.

19. fresno8

fresno8 Veteran

I would love to have Hartwell @MLB w/ Sharper. Baxter would be good too, but I'd rather see us get a rookie @ DB to play opposite D-Rob in a year or 2.

20. Panther5407

Panther5407 All Pro

It be a fluke if this happened but Jerimah Trotter would be great on our team along side Sharper but I know the eagles will resign him. Anyone have a clue how long Varbel has left with the Pats? he'd be great but also, why would you leave a dynasty like the patriots?