Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TWO FEET - yes, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid

DerekLee1

Veteran
Two feet has made the difference in our Texans being a potential 4-1 team and a 2-3 team. Against J-ville, we had the Chris Brown fumble, and the obvious Arizona game goal-line failure.

We are two feet from being a potentially elite team in the NFL. I'm not ready to call for Kubiak's head yet. They made some tremendous adjustments at halftime of the Arizona game, which is what GOOD COACHES DO. Yes, we lost, but I think the future looks bright. Cincinnati is beatable, and we will have a tough but winnable game at home against San Francisco the week after. But we're only a game off the pace of what most people predicted. Steal a win and we're right on track.

Let's get behind this team. They DO have heart; let's give them the support they need to turn this thing around. After all, a 13-3 Titans team is now 0-5, so things could definitely be worse.

GO TEXANS.

Love the logic and you're probably right. I'm guessing a couple more days and you'll have more agreeing with you. Go Texans. :fans:

I agree with you which is why I am so divided on the issue. On one hand, you are totally correct that we are very close to being a 4-1 team and more realistically at least a 3-2 team. At the same time, the same excuses were made last year. Last year, we very easily could have been 9-7 or even 10-6 but instead, we found ways to wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory. I am just not sure when is the right time to begin blaming the coach for the situation. The players are the ones screwing it up in crunch time but are they doing something wrong because Kubiak is doing something wrong?!?

I agree with you which is why I am so divided on the issue. On one hand, you are totally correct that we are very close to being a 4-1 team and more realistically at least a 3-2 team. At the same time, the same excuses were made last year. Last year, we very easily could have been 9-7 or even 10-6 but instead, we found ways to wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory. I am just not sure when is the right time to begin blaming the coach for the situation. The players are the ones screwing it up in crunch time but are they doing something wrong because Kubiak is doing something wrong?!?

I'll call last year a fluke in the progress scale, mainly because of what the hurricane did to our schedule. Not making excuses, but personal lives were disrupted as much as the football side of things. We started 0-4. We're 2-3 this year. That's a MAJOR improvement. Just stick with this regime, people. I do NOT want to see revolving doors in the FO or the coaching staff. That guarantees mediocrity for a decade.

I'll call last year a fluke in the progress scale, mainly because of what the hurricane did to our schedule. Not making excuses, but personal lives were disrupted as much as the football side of things. We started 0-4. We're 2-3 this year. That's a MAJOR improvement. Just stick with this regime, people. I do NOT want to see revolving doors in the FO or the coaching staff. That guarantees mediocrity for a decade.

Yeah, that and we had SAGE BS...At least for now we have a healthy Schaub and Andre Johnson and the defense is coming on strong...If we finish as hot as we did last yr. look out!....

Our team always starts of slow right, but we usually put it 2gether and get hotter as the season goes on, now it's usually our start that kills us(0-4 last season)...not this season, we are 2-3 and we can bounce back!

That 2nd half against the Cards was the beginning of our "hotness"...haha... I'm laughing, but I'm serious.... I don't care if ur 4-1...Bring it Cincy!:fans::lol:

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you. I'm not to mad about this lost btw. We only a game out of both wild card spots. If can can catch fire, we will be in great shape.

TD's in both situation would have only tied the games. I don't think we can say that if we punch those two in we're automatically 4-1. Both games more than likely would have went to OT, and who knows what would have happened there.

Wow, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this way. Way too many people jumping off the cliff way too early in the season. Does the team have holes, sure it does but if you just take a deep breadth it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be.

You can see the defense starting to come around and when they do the offense is going to put up enough points to win. The run defense is starting to become pretty darn good and the secondary probably had its best game this past weekend especially in the 2nd half. If Reeves can keep it together and play as well as he appeared to Sunday in the 2nd half this is going to become a team no-one wants to face. Okoye is coming around, Smith is starting to earn his money and you can just see the linebackers really laying the wood on people early and often. Lets face it they would lead the team in tackles but normally after a 5 yard gain. Not anymore.

Its coming, you can finally see some talent starting to emerge in more than 1 or 2 spots. On top of that do you really expect the Bengals and Broncos to hold on?? This has been a topsy turvy year so far, were not out of it yet and lets be realistic no one really expected us to be a super bowl contender this year we really just want to see continued improvement. The best thing for this team can do is continue to get better so when they finally do break thru and it will be soon, it won't be a 1 year wonder then bust but a continuing winning enviroment. That doesn't come overnight especially with the drought of talent the previous administration left us with.

We have to cut out the slow starts to games. We spotted the Titans 21-7 and Arizona 21-0. We do that vs a team that doesn't coast, Indy, it gets real ugly real quick. Zona and Tenn don't put their foot on your throat and seal the deal like Peyton will.

I have avoided this place because I knew it would be a griping session 24/7.

I'm not upset about the loss. If anything, I was surprised our defense was able to hold down the fort in the 2nd half after getting waxed in the 1st half.

This defense is tyring to find a groove; the sweet spot between read-and-react and pants-on-fire-up-the-field-blitzing. The secondary is tougher with Pollard in there. Cushing is the real deal. It only takes a few games to know when someone is the real deal (not 3 or 4 years, like Okoye's situation).

The offense bumbled a lot, but found their groove in the 2nd half.

This team might be on the verge of being really good this year. I'd rather start clicking during the back stretch of the season instead of the first half of the season.

I'm actually MORE optimistic now than I was after the Titans win we had earlier this year.

How is going from 1-4 last year to 2-3 this year a MAJOR improvement?

I'm not upset about the loss. If anything, I was surprised our defense was able to hold down the fort in the 2nd half after getting waxed in the 1st half.

This defense is tyring to find a groove; the sweet spot between read-and-react and pants-on-fire-up-the-field-blitzing. The secondary is tougher with Pollard in there. Cushing is the real deal. It only takes a few games to know when someone is the real deal (not 3 or 4 years, like Okoye's situation).

This team might be on the verge of being really good this year. I'd rather start clicking during the back stretch of the season instead of the first half of the season.

I'm actually MORE optimistic now than I was after the Titans win we had earlier this year

Yep. That's what I'm talkin about...I said that very thing...We usually start our seasons poorly or very slow and turn it on late...well we are 2-3 and are appearing to make big strides defensively and I think our O will start clicking...

Yeah, that and we had SAGE BS...At least for now we have a healthy Schaub and Andre Johnson and the defense is coming on strong...If we finish as hot as we did last yr. look out!....

Our team always starts of slow right, but we usually put it 2gether and get hotter as the season goes on, now it's usually our start that kills us(0-4 last season)...not this season, we are 2-3 and we can bounce back!

That 2nd half against the Cards was the beginning of our "hotness"...haha... I'm laughing, but I'm serious.... I don't care if ur 4-1...Bring it Cincy!:fans::lol:

still not sure how everyone thinks cincy is so beatable. they looked like an elite team so far this year.

i do agree we are getting better and some of the positions people had given up on are starting to look better. such as free safety, dt, and cornerback. we still may have a playoff run in us but it will be hard to have a better record than 9 and 6 unless we either beat cincy or indy on the road.

TD's in both situation would have only tied the games. I don't think we can say that if we punch those two in we're automatically 4-1. Both games more than likely would have went to OT, and who knows what would have happened there.

We certainly would have beaten Arizona. They were doing absolutely nothing against us, and we were completely rolling them up at the end of that game. Jacksonville was a toss-up. Whoever won the coin toss was winning that game.

Read the subject line. Last year we were a terrible 1-4 team with no hope on the horizon. We are six feet from being 3-2 or 4-1 this year. We were one poor throw away from beating last year's NFC champs. I don't think any team views as a doormat or an elixir for their ailments. I attend or watch games now EXPECTING to win, not wondering if we can pull one out. That's a major improvement to me.

still not sure how everyone thinks cincy is so beatable. they looked like an elite team so far this year.

Because two of their three wins have come on fluke plays. They're not blowing anyone out at all. Their defense and run game have improved, but "elite"? I don't think so. A win against Baltimore is a solid performance, but it doesn't make you "elite".

Because we could very well be 3-2 right now had Kris Brown made the FGs that he makes 99% of the time.

He probably feels awful, because he nailed so many other FGs when THIS one could have had us draining clock instead of trying to get down the field (when Schaub threw the pick 6).

Last year, we had zero chance through the first few games of our schedule.

This year, we almost went 3-2. I know, I know: Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. I understand that a loss is a loss.

But this team, IMO, looks better now than at the same point of each previous season.

I have a good feeling. I have that feeling that I had last season when I was down in the dumps, and then felt like we were about to go on a great streak and end up finishing at least 8-8 or even 9-7. The Raiders loss was what kept us from 9-7. That game had the same feel to it that this year's Jax loss had.

I can't explain it, but I have this gut feeling that this team is about to win a bunch of games. I think Cushing's presence, alongside 'Meco, is making this team play tougher.

Two feet has made the difference in our Texans being a potential 4-1 team and a 2-3 team. Against J-ville, we had the Chris Brown fumble, and the obvious Arizona game goal-line failure.

We are two feet from being a potentially elite team in the NFL. I'm not ready to call for Kubiak's head yet. They made some tremendous adjustments at halftime of the Arizona game, which is what GOOD COACHES DO. Yes, we lost, but I think the future looks bright. Cincinnati is beatable, and we will have a tough but winnable game at home against San Francisco the week after. But we're only a game off the pace of what most people predicted. Steal a win and we're right on track.

Let's get behind this team. They DO have heart; let's give them the support they need to turn this thing around. After all, a 13-3 Titans team is now 0-5, so things could definitely be worse.

GO TEXANS.
I think you are focusing on the wrong thing. It is like being two dollars short to pay the light bill. You are saying wow this job is pretty great because I can almost keep the electricity on. To me the focus is on two co-ordinators that took half a game to turn their respected units around. It is on a head coach that refuses to focus on the strength of his passing game until it was too late. "We have to establish the running game!" at least they do until the 2nd half. I think Good Coaches don't wait until half time and being that far behind to realize we need to adjust.

Simply put everyone knew that both teams had great receivers, a good QB and a shakey defense against the pass. Which team began the game attacking the other teams weakness? *Hint that team won.

I'm actually MORE optimistic now than I was after the Titans win we had earlier this year.
Yeah me too!:butterfly:Either we have a season we can brag on or.. another really good draft pick. How can we be disappointed? In fact, maybe just maybe we can do well enough to be excited about next year and still get Taylor Mays. I may need a little alone time now. I am overcome.:smooch:

Exactly. I'm feeling the same way, and I was one saying we could have won more games last year. I feel like I'm passed that now. I can't really brag that my team couldn't get the ball in from the one yard line twice. I want more then saying we're the best 2-3 or 8-8 team around.

I can't explain it, but I have this gut feeling that this team is about to win a bunch of games. I think Cushing's presence, alongside 'Meco, is making this team play tougher.

I hope your gut feeling is right!

Yeah me too!:butterfly:Either we have a season we can brag on or.. another really good draft pick. How can we be disappointed? In fact, maybe just maybe we can do well enough to be excited about next year and still get Taylor Mays. I may need a little alone time now. I am overcome.:smooch:

Ugh... how can we be disappointed in having a good draft pick? I hope you're being sarcastic. I really do.

Read the subject line. Last year we were a terrible 1-4 team with no hope on the horizon. We are six feet from being 3-2 or 4-1 this year. We were one poor throw away from beating last year's NFC champs. I don't think any team views as a doormat or an elixir for their ailments. I attend or watch games now EXPECTING to win, not wondering if we can pull one out. That's a major improvement to me.

I loved that Houston came back and tied the game, but I was disappointed because I fully expected them to win at the end of the game. You are right that we're six feet from possibly being 4-1, but those 6 feet matter. Houston is now three games behind Indy, and they have to battle Baltimore, New England, Pittsburgh & San Diego for the last wild card spot. Those two games will probably matter at the end of the year.

Exactly. I'm feeling the same way, and I was one saying we could have won more games last year. I feel like I'm passed that now. I can't really brag that my team couldn't get the ball in from the one yard line twice. I want more then saying we're the best 2-3 or 8-8 team around.

I hope your gut feeling is right!

Ugh... how can we be disappointed in having a good draft pick? I hope you're being sarcastic. I really do.

I loved that Houston came back and tied the game, but I was disappointed because I fully expected them to win at the end of the game. You are right that we're six feet from possibly being 4-1, but those 6 feet matter. Houston is now three games behind Indy, and they have to battle Baltimore, New England, Pittsburgh & San Diego for the last wild card spot. Those two games will probably matter at the end of the year.
Yes. Sarcastic.

If, if, if...my aunt had testicles...a frog had wings...if a buzzard had a piano in his butt there would be music in the air.

Scoreboard is all that matters at the end of the day. :howdy:

If, if, if...my aunt had testicles...a frog had wings...if a buzzard had a piano in his butt there would be music in the air.Scoreboard is all that matters at the end of the day. :howdy:
Is that where Lionel Ritchie got the inspiration for that song?

All I am saying is I have that feeling I had at the halfway point of the season last year, when I thought "We're going to win most of our games from here on out." The wins vs. the Lions and the Bengals didn't do anything for me. When we started winning after that, I knew it wouldn't be a total disaster.

I think this loss did more for us than the win vs. Titans did earlier this year.

We're going to beat the Bengals. We're going to make a statement in that game. It'll be the start of a nice stretch of games, and then there will be a let-down game somewhere.

All I am saying is I have that feeling I had at the halfway point of the season last year, when I thought "We're going to win most of our games from here on out." The wins vs. the Lions and the Bengals didn't do anything for me. When we started winning after that, I knew it wouldn't be a total disaster.

I think this loss did more for us than the win vs. Titans did earlier this year.

We're going to beat the Bengals. We're going to make a statement in that game. It'll be the start of a nice stretch of games, and then there will be a let-down game somewhere.
You may be right. I went against my original gut feeling that we'd lose and picked a win against Cards. I just thought things were coming together and then we get two flags before our first play from scrimmage.

When you can't win the trenches consistently, you can't win games consistently. Two feet may as well be two miles in our case. The OL is just not up to the task. All a team needs to beat us is a beefy DT or two that can play.

Read the subject line. Last year we were a terrible 1-4 team with no hope on the horizon. We are six feet from being 3-2 or 4-1 this year.
By the same twisted logic, the Texans could easily be 1-4, if not for a Kerry Collins brain fart.

I don't know for sure what I see on the horizon. But, it doesn't resemble hope.

Is this Marc Vandermeer?

GO TEXANS.

Back