TWO FEET - yes, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by DerekLee1, Oct 12, 2009.

1. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Two feet has made the difference in our Texans being a potential 4-1 team and a 2-3 team. Against J-ville, we had the Chris Brown fumble, and the obvious Arizona game goal-line failure.

We are two feet from being a potentially elite team in the NFL. I'm not ready to call for Kubiak's head yet. They made some tremendous adjustments at halftime of the Arizona game, which is what GOOD COACHES DO. Yes, we lost, but I think the future looks bright. Cincinnati is beatable, and we will have a tough but winnable game at home against San Francisco the week after. But we're only a game off the pace of what most people predicted. Steal a win and we're right on track.

Let's get behind this team. They DO have heart; let's give them the support they need to turn this thing around. After all, a 13-3 Titans team is now 0-5, so things could definitely be worse.

GO TEXANS.

ATXtexanfan likes this.
  2. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Love the logic and you're probably right. I'm guessing a couple more days and you'll have more agreeing with you. Go Texans. :fans:

3. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I think somebody spiked your kool-aid with something else. LOL

j/k :D

4. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

yeah, I'm sitting on the back porch right now with cigars and loaded up on rum and beer, so....

:barman:

5. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

Figured as much. :drunk:

6. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

And with that...time for a rum and Diet refill...

7. Ckw

Ckw Guest

I agree with you which is why I am so divided on the issue. On one hand, you are totally correct that we are very close to being a 4-1 team and more realistically at least a 3-2 team. At the same time, the same excuses were made last year. Last year, we very easily could have been 9-7 or even 10-6 but instead, we found ways to wrestle defeat from the jaws of victory. I am just not sure when is the right time to begin blaming the coach for the situation. The players are the ones screwing it up in crunch time but are they doing something wrong because Kubiak is doing something wrong?!?

8. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

I'll call last year a fluke in the progress scale, mainly because of what the hurricane did to our schedule. Not making excuses, but personal lives were disrupted as much as the football side of things. We started 0-4. We're 2-3 this year. That's a MAJOR improvement. Just stick with this regime, people. I do NOT want to see revolving doors in the FO or the coaching staff. That guarantees mediocrity for a decade.

9. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Yeah, that and we had SAGE BS...At least for now we have a healthy Schaub and Andre Johnson and the defense is coming on strong...If we finish as hot as we did last yr. look out!....

Our team always starts of slow right, but we usually put it 2gether and get hotter as the season goes on, now it's usually our start that kills us(0-4 last season)...not this season, we are 2-3 and we can bounce back!

That 2nd half against the Cards was the beginning of our "hotness"...haha... I'm laughing, but I'm serious.... I don't care if ur 4-1...Bring it Cincy!:fans::lol:

10. corytx8

corytx8 Veteran

Yeah, I'm in agreement with you. I'm not to mad about this lost btw. We only a game out of both wild card spots. If can can catch fire, we will be in great shape.

11. RTP2110

RTP2110 Thank You Andre

TD's in both situation would have only tied the games. I don't think we can say that if we punch those two in we're automatically 4-1. Both games more than likely would have went to OT, and who knows what would have happened there.

12. nytexan

nytexan Veteran

Wow, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking this way. Way too many people jumping off the cliff way too early in the season. Does the team have holes, sure it does but if you just take a deep breadth it isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be.

You can see the defense starting to come around and when they do the offense is going to put up enough points to win. The run defense is starting to become pretty darn good and the secondary probably had its best game this past weekend especially in the 2nd half. If Reeves can keep it together and play as well as he appeared to Sunday in the 2nd half this is going to become a team no-one wants to face. Okoye is coming around, Smith is starting to earn his money and you can just see the linebackers really laying the wood on people early and often. Lets face it they would lead the team in tackles but normally after a 5 yard gain. Not anymore.

Its coming, you can finally see some talent starting to emerge in more than 1 or 2 spots. On top of that do you really expect the Bengals and Broncos to hold on?? This has been a topsy turvy year so far, were not out of it yet and lets be realistic no one really expected us to be a super bowl contender this year we really just want to see continued improvement. The best thing for this team can do is continue to get better so when they finally do break thru and it will be soon, it won't be a 1 year wonder then bust but a continuing winning enviroment. That doesn't come overnight especially with the drought of talent the previous administration left us with.

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  13. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

We have to cut out the slow starts to games. We spotted the Titans 21-7 and Arizona 21-0. We do that vs a team that doesn't coast, Indy, it gets real ugly real quick. Zona and Tenn don't put their foot on your throat and seal the deal like Peyton will.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

I have avoided this place because I knew it would be a griping session 24/7.

I'm not upset about the loss. If anything, I was surprised our defense was able to hold down the fort in the 2nd half after getting waxed in the 1st half.

This defense is tyring to find a groove; the sweet spot between read-and-react and pants-on-fire-up-the-field-blitzing. The secondary is tougher with Pollard in there. Cushing is the real deal. It only takes a few games to know when someone is the real deal (not 3 or 4 years, like Okoye's situation).

The offense bumbled a lot, but found their groove in the 2nd half.

This team might be on the verge of being really good this year. I'd rather start clicking during the back stretch of the season instead of the first half of the season.

I'm actually MORE optimistic now than I was after the Titans win we had earlier this year.

15. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

How is going from 1-4 last year to 2-3 this year a MAJOR improvement?

16. Air Canada

Air Canada Veteran

Yep. That's what I'm talkin about...I said that very thing...We usually start our seasons poorly or very slow and turn it on late...well we are 2-3 and are appearing to make big strides defensively and I think our O will start clicking...

17. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

still not sure how everyone thinks cincy is so beatable. they looked like an elite team so far this year.

i do agree we are getting better and some of the positions people had given up on are starting to look better. such as free safety, dt, and cornerback. we still may have a playoff run in us but it will be hard to have a better record than 9 and 6 unless we either beat cincy or indy on the road.

18. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

We certainly would have beaten Arizona. They were doing absolutely nothing against us, and we were completely rolling them up at the end of that game. Jacksonville was a toss-up. Whoever won the coin toss was winning that game.

19. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Read the subject line. Last year we were a terrible 1-4 team with no hope on the horizon. We are six feet from being 3-2 or 4-1 this year. We were one poor throw away from beating last year's NFC champs. I don't think any team views as a doormat or an elixir for their ailments. I attend or watch games now EXPECTING to win, not wondering if we can pull one out. That's a major improvement to me.

20. DerekLee1

DerekLee1 Hall of Fame

Because two of their three wins have come on fluke plays. They're not blowing anyone out at all. Their defense and run game have improved, but "elite"? I don't think so. A win against Baltimore is a solid performance, but it doesn't make you "elite".