Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tuesday I woke up and realized that I was looking at progress.

Sage Rosenfels fumbled the ball, fumbled the ball, and then threw the interception that sealed the loss. This one was all on him and nobody can deny that. The next time some imbecile tells you that Sage should be starting resist the urge to punch the fool in the mouth. You’d be right of course but it’s not worth the jail time. Sage killed that win just as effectively as if he’d missed a chip shot FG on the last play of the game and I think that it’s entirely appropriate to lay every single ounce of blame for this loss on his shoulders. I also think that it’s doing an injustice to the rest of the team to go off on some rambling tirade about how they’re cursed or how the head coach should be fired. One man alone did this by playing sloppy, undisciplined football. Sage wasn’t trying to win the game. The game was won. Sage wasn’t trying to help the team. The team (with Sage being a part of it) had beaten the Colts handily all day long up until that point. Sage was trying to win the starting QB spot. Sage was trying to help himself.

Normally I ignore silly, self-aggrandizing posts like this, your weekly pronouncements, some things you think you think, but this is too darn much.

Yes, Sage blew the game. However, Sage also won the game before he blew it. To suggest, even hint, that you know his motive for doing the cartwheel thing is dumb beyond all reason. As dumb, in fact, as the cartwheel thing.

Would we have been in a position to when with Schaub playing? I got no idea and neither do you. Would Schaub not have fumbled on that or some other key play? No idea. Would the Texans have won? No way to know.

It is what it is. A couple of unfortunate plays and a loss. Twas ever thus.

I was actually in mid scream, telling my buddy Jay "I told, I told you!" when Sage and Karma decided that I needed a lesson in humility.
I don't know if y'all saw it or not, but Sage looked up at me in the middle of his mid air spin and mouthed the phrase "Pride cometh before the fall Big Mike, pride cometh before the fall..." then he reared back his head, gave an evil laugh, looked me in the eye once more and then just flipped the ball from his fingertips...

...that's the way I remember it.

LMFAO!!!

In all seriousness, It's tough to go 0-4 knowing you could be 3-1 if not for "dumb" mistakes, because the reality is that most everyone knows that the repetitive nature of making dumb mistakes is what brings a 3-1 team to an 0-4 record. Sage is just the latest whipping boy, and prolly the biggest, after seeing victory snatched from the jaws...

The first fumble can't be put on but one set of shoulders and he's already shouldered that burden at the press conference after the game. I HATE the outcome of that play. HATE HATE HATE. However, he makes that first down and it's GAME OVER, and Sage is the new Mayor of Houston. I believe it to be a product of desire and determination. The same desire and determination that in baseball a runner gets thrown out trying stretch a double into a triple. The same desire and determination that in basketball a player is caught charging the lane trying to go hard to the hoop. The same desire and determination that we saw in the olympics where athletes fail to hit their mark in the "spirit of competition"... not personal Gain! I HATE the outcome, and can't argue with there being a better alternative(hook slide; punt), but I hate to see him turned into a Villian because of desire and determination.

Other than that, Sage isn't a goat, but rather a victim of circumstance.

I hope that weeks to come, we can all look a back a bit differently at this game than we fittingly do today.

I hope that weeks to come, we can all look a back a bit differently at this game than we fittingly do today.

I think people will look back and see Sage as a gigantic choker. There is nothing else to really second guess. He had three turnovers within a matter of minutes that cost us the game. It's as simple as that.

Back