Tuesday Cuts

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I haven't seen the cut days, just wondering when and who is more than likely gone on first time around?

2. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Aug 29 to 65

Sept 2 to 53

3. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

I heard Ashley Lelie will be cut. I think we should take a look at him. He played for Kubiak before.

4. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

No way man. We got our 1 and 2 receivers and ther reason he wants out of Denver is cuz he can't earn those jobs, I don't think he'd be a good fit here and could really mess with what we got going.

5. Trapped

Trapped Veteran

gyea, i think im more afraid he might go to Jacksonville or Tennessee. We are set at WR though.

I don't know though. U can never have too much talent. I would take a look at Charles Rogers and Ashley Lelie anyways. I think next year, we will draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. So if we get one of these guys and they perform well. we would be set at WR for 4-5 years.

6. cbnjwill

cbnjwill Veteran

yea were set at the one and two spots after that i think we will be looking at the waiver wire for a receiver. i think they are looking for a 3rd and 4th wr. to step up. lewis made a nice play last nite. i think we will bring in another wr and a db from waivers

7. TEXANS MVP

TEXANS MVP Rookie

who do u guys think r on the chopping blocks

8. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Thirteen question marks -- perhaps you should be cut.

9. bayoudreamn

bayoudreamn Veteran

LOL. Biggest question last night was "where was our third receiver?" I saw him walking on the field one time, other than that I couldn't find him. I'd heard good things about him the last few weeks but I haven't seen him in the last 2 games.

10. TEXANS MVP

TEXANS MVP Rookie

What do you guys think

11. Bearfan Blue and Orange

Bearfan Blue and Orange Veteran

Just because a guy does not get the ball, does not mean he is not a factor. I remember specifically the first game there was more than 1 time that Walter took the safety/DB and left Moulds with noone within 5 yards of him.

The only thing I am worried about with Carr is he locks in on 1 receiver and does not run through reads. if he does not do that, The #3 WR will not get many looks. Also, if you are seeing RBs getting longer runs is because the WRs downfield are locking up the LBs and rest of the secondary so that the RB can spring past into the secondary and hit those lesser weight DBs.

We have 1,2,3 LOCKED.

Also, it is preseason, the coaching staff is looking for the #4 and 5 and have many guys to evaluate and only a few games to do it. Kubiak knows what Walter can do and what he is capable of.

12. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

When our first string QB is on the field I doubt that the WR3 will ever get a look. In my opinion the NFL game is a little to fast for Carr in the pocket. He is much better rolling out.

13. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

He wants to be the guy...............here he would probably be the 3rd guy.

14. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Not so fast there... Derick Lewis is making a lot more plays than Walter so far in the preseason. I wouldn't completely discount him as the 3rd WR.

15. TexanFanInCC

TexanFanInCC Hall of Fame

well then what happens to derrick armstrong? he definitely needs a larger role on this team. i mean i like lewis and he has been very impressive, but armstrong can make big plays and tough catches. it seems unfortunate that he slips to the number 5 reciever.

16. Algebrat

Algebrat Rookie

I think Armstrong may slip to the cut list. He doesn't seem to be gettin any love as far as playing time. No PT, no chance to make the team. With little to no value on special teams, I don't think he'll make it.

17. MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS Veteran

Yes Armstrong never dropped a pass last season, that was thrown his way, he is above average, and deserves a spot. Lewis is another T.O. in the making, he has a attitude......when on and off the field, also had a attitude at training camp several days I watched him.....he never stopped to greet the fans for a smile or autograph

18. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Do you have proof of this? Or is this your personal opinion. Due to his personal losses, I would doubt he'd have an attitude like TO. Unless it's proven, I wouldn't go off discrediting any player for the Texans.

19. real

real Guest

Exactly. Just say you really like Armstrong instead of trying to discredit a player that's currently beating him out...But Honestly I don't think Armstrong fits our system...Kubiak seems to like tall recievers that can run...and of those things armstrong is neither...Maybe if he could play special teams....but since he can't I really don't see where he fits into the picture for next season....

20. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will shed not one tear if Armstrong is cut.