Trump Will be Bidding for Bills

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Apr 14, 2014.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Could change the culture.

2. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

I just don't know if I can get used to calling them by their new name.....the Trump Bills. :D :D Funny, Trump's bills almost was the end of him at one time.

Yep, a lot of getting used to...

3. 2012Champs

2012Champs Hall of Fame

To be fair I think he has only filed for bankruptcy four times

4. brakos82

brakos82 Hall of Fame

I can imagine a lot of personnel getting....

:shades:

Fired.

[IMGwidthsize=600]http://i.imgur.com/d0qftvp.jpg?1[/IMG]

5. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

The Buffalo Hair Pieces

The Trump Tupees

The Buffalo Bird Nests

The Buffalo Hair Club for Men

6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

I wouldn't want Trump owning my local NFL team. It'll soon become as much about him as it will the team. That's OK with the head coach, but not the owner.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  7. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Agree.

Also, I'm not sure if Trump has the cash. Sure, he's rich, but, my understanding is that a lot of his money is leveraged and tied up in loans and real estate.

NFL owners tend to have a good billion dollars or so in cash on hand. Not sure if Trump has that.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Donald Trump is one of the biggest publicity "prostitutes" going, and I think that's all that this is about - an easy way to get attention.

I agree that he likely isn't financially able to pull this off, but I don't think that's his true goal anyway. To put it mildly, I'll be very surprised if he's the next owner of the Bills.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

If I was a Bills fan, I'd be happy with any potential owner that promised to keep the team in Buffalo.

Trump has very deep pockets and I have no doubt would want to win. While he'd certainly be very visible, that's not necessarily a bad thing. His willingness to spend his money to build a winning roster could attract some talent.

10. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

Will they get rid of the Buffalo on their helments and replace it with a big "T", or will they put a big blondish hairpiece on it to look like a Davy Crockett Coon skin cap kinda thing? :thinking:

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  11. CloakNNNdagger

He'll figure out soon enough that there better places he can make big bucks with the Bills. I wouldn't be rushing out to buy any PSLs if I were a Bills fan.

It would be interesting to have Trump and Jerry go at each other in pregame interviews.........just like like the WWE.:popcorn:

12. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Who Killed the USFL?

I hope this doesn't go through, Trump was a douche in the 80's and he's still a giant douche.

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

The Los Angeles Gold

14. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got JJ?

Agreed. And from what I think I know about Trump and how his mind works I have just the place he'll want to move.

New York City. No, I'm not drinking, NYC. He'll sell the move as the only REAL New York team left, and now it's in the Big Apple. The same city that was "forsaken" by the other two teams. The team will be in his back yard with a new stadium (of course). The team will be feeding on the NY population with the NY name as a hook New Yorker's won't refuse. Three teams right in there together but only one "New York" team. The publicity created by the audacity would keep Trump happy for...well.....days even...lol.

Hell, he'd probably even go after the Jets and Giants to stop using the New York name...lol.

Before you laugh, just remember where you heard it first. :peek:

15. CloakNNNdagger

16. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

As long as Trump would be willing to hire the best people possible to put the best product possible on the field, I would have no problem with Trump becoming owner of my team.

I don't think NFL owners will let Trump become an owner because he will do whatever it takes to win and that goes against the grain of most NFL owners.

17. Double Barrel

Well, the potential to move exists with any new ownership group. Buffalo is no longer an economically viable market. The city has seen better days, and those days were decades ago.

At least Trump is "saying" that he'd want to keep the Bills in Buffalo. If anyone could afford to absorb the financial burden of such a commitment, it is a guy like Trump.

18. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

John Mara/Kraft run the NFL, so for the reasons stated above, it's doubtful that Trump will ever be allowed to own a NFL team.

19. Double Barrel

Interesting article. I won't dispute Trump's influence in ultimately dooming the USFL. However, it should also be remembered that the league was already in trouble when he came along, as teams were paying far more for players than they could afford.

Trump advocated a gamble that failed, but the league was doomed because folks just were not interested enough in spring football to make it an economically sustainable model. Instead of trying to be a league that could be a gap between college and NFL, they went head-to-head in competing for players like the AFL did in the 1960's. But, but the 1980's the NFL was much larger, more powerful, and had a lot deeper pockets than they did in the '60's.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

In steelbland:

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=HN.608026077690529692&w=480&h=360&c=7&rs=1&qlt=80&pid=1.7[/IMG]