Troy Smith and BCS Championship

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Newbsies, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Newbsies

Newbsies Rookie

How much do you guys think this one game affects where Troy Smith will be drafted? If he has a Vince-esque game, does he shoot up all the way to the top of the first round with all the hype surrounding him? If he has a shotty game, how much does his stock fall. Personally, I would love to have Troy Smith on the Texans.

2. carter08

carter08 truth.

Well if he he goes 1 for 40 for 2 yards and 5 INTS, I expect his stock would fall a tad

3. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

not really sure. Scouts seem obessesed with prototypical size for a QB. I think he'll havea good game and might see Cleveland trying to pick him in the second round.

If Calvin Johnson also declares..... we will have a good player fall to us at 8. I'm pretty stoked.

4. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

We will have a shot at him in the 2nd round if Cleveland drafts Quinn in the first.

5. Newbsies

Newbsies Rookie

If we have a shot at him in the Second, do you guys think we take him?

6. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

in previous years i would say know, cause CC always drafted guys the fans didnt want, but this year im not sure

i would love it though

maybe somehow if we trade carr and get a higher 2nd rounder then we might have a chance to get him

carr and our 2nd for oaklands 2nd??

7. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

cannot wait until tomorrows game. no reason to believe he won't have a great game he's been doing it for a couple years now. he is a solid 1st rd pick I don't think he will last until the 2nd rd.

anyone see Pennington play today? good game of bad game? I'll bet Troy Smith would have been a difference maker for the Jets (just one example off the top of my head) at least I would certainly consider drafting him if I where their GM (around 25th pick).....:snobord:

8. cadahnic

cadahnic All Pro

If he has a very good game he could possibly secure a 1st round pick, but no matter what I don't see him jumping over JaMarcus Russell or even Brady Quinn on draft boards.