Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Troy Smith 2nd round selection

shansmacker

Practice Squad
Any chance Troy Smith lasts into the second round?I think he would be an ideal west coast qb.I say if hes there we better snap him up.Thoughts?

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
Any chance Troy Smith lasts into the second round?I think he would be an ideal west coast qb.I say if hes there we better snap him up.Thoughts?
yup. there is a lot of talk he could go as late as the 3rd or 4th. he's going to be an interesting player to see where/which round he ends up going.

kiwitexansfan

Hall of Fame
I would say he would definitely be there when we pick in the 2nd but he isn't a guy I would want us to pick in the 2nd.

SnakeOilTanker

Waterboy
2nd round is way too high for him. He looked bad in the Florida game and in the Senior Bowl.

I don't think he has what it takes to be a good NFL QB.

Could be wrong though, you never know, so save that or whatever lol.

But I'd be dissapointed if the Texans drafted him on the first day at all.

Texas_Thrill

Veteran
he's a semi-mobile qb that kubes likes.

i don't think you can hold the florida game against him given that OSU hadn't played a game in 2 months pretty much. they looked like a team that hadn't played at game speed.

he could possibly fit our system with ALOT of coaching. no earlier than 3rd or 4th.

Ole Miss Texan

Hall of Fame
he's a semi-mobile qb that kubes likes.

i don't think you can hold the florida game against him given that OSU hadn't played a game in 2 months pretty much. they looked like a team that hadn't played at game speed.

he could possibly fit our system with ALOT of coaching. no earlier than 3rd or 4th.
agreed...Florida took away their passing game by keeping nelson and their other safety back the entire game. they werent allowing anything over 10 yard passes. Florida just dominated in general...probably would have been a little better if Ginn didn't get injured and leave.

i too think they were rusty for having all that time off...how bout a playoff system! lol