Trent Williams LT Available

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by mussop, Jun 5, 2019.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

Where'd you look? Spotrac (w/o Brady) has $40.2 mil available for 2020 & $145 mil for 2021.

2. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

My guess is they are starting to set it up so that Brady can retire when he is ready. Brady is the only person I can see BB and Kraft truly having loyalty to and letting him walk away the way he wants. Besides, can you really see Brady in any uniform other than a Pats one? Can you see NE really letting him wear any uniform other than a Pats one?

3. Mollywhopper

Mollywhopper Facilitator

There's not a player in the history of the league I couldn't see in another uniform.

It's just happened soooo many times.

4. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

I suppose you are right but with so much money tied up outside of football on things like endorsements and such, see JJ Watt and HEB, there are some I just think its not worth it as long as they can still play.

5. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

If Montana/Rice can change jerseys before they retire anybody can.

6. zshawn10

zshawn10 Hall of Fame

7. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

OTC about 130 am today. Definitely possible I saw it incorrectly. I usually verify spotrac against OTC but confess I did not last night

8. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I anticipate Washington with Trent Williams being in the top 6 picks in 2020. Even higher without him. O'Brien go bed go strong and make a great deal for Williams and Right Guard starter scherff. Maybe we can get the backup center that I'd mentioned in the earlier post pierschbacher.

9. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

10. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Pretty sure washington wouldn't let both of those cats roll. Scherff has been really good for them and is probably going to be a top paid guard if he signs an extension.

11. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I agree but premise was why pay huge $ to guy who will gone before team good. Get same type pick for RG as Twill (we have at least two thirds) 2020. One each. Plus they could possibly move from #6 to 2 or 3. Trade down would be hugely beneficial.

CWTexansFan and NastyNate like this.
  12. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Yeah but we'll only have one third next year. The Duke Johnson trade is pretty much a 3rd so that's gone (10 games played) and only 1 comp pick in the third.

13. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Am hopeful McClain is correct with Badger and KJack both bring 3rd comps.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  14. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I just scanned over this cap again and those figures are still there.

15. NastyNate

NastyNate I go kerplunk

Roby negates one of them.

16. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Probably but not known until the end of the season

17. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Would be happy if they can secure Williams for the DB trade haul of 3rd this year/2nd next year. Though wouldn’t mind those picks being flopped either. Would really set this offense up for success this year and beyond. Especially since Howard has been performing well at LG in camp.

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Bottom line I would pay a first-round pick for Trent Williams. Hopefully it won't cost that much. My concern after last night is Dan Schneider is licking his lips.

CWTexansFan likes this.
  19. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Our own Michael Shannonrecently listed some trade candidatesfor Trent Williams, including the Patriots, Jets, Texans, Browns, and Jaguars in his article. Of those teams, only the Patriots, Browns, and Texans are legitimate playoff contenders in 2019. And of those teams, the Texans are perhaps the most enticing.

Why? Because the Texans may have recently, and inadvertently, given the Redskins a reference point in potential trade discussions. Earlier today, the Texanstraded a conditional third-round pickto the Browns for versatile running backDuke Johnson.

Johnson, while valuable as an offensive weapon, is nowhere near the caliber player that Trent Williams is, and Williams plays at a far more important position. He could serve as a valuable mentor for Texans rookie tackle Tytus Howard, while helping the Texans maximize their playoff window.
    In a nutshell, the Texans already paid a fourth that can become a third for Duke Johnson, a rotational running back. So what, then, is seven-time Pro Bowl left tackle Trent Williams worth, to a team that’s had one of the NFL’s worst offensive lines for over a decade?

The Redskins should get Bill O’Brien on the phone, start with that, and submit an offer for Williams. The Texans are in a vulnerable position right now; they’ve showed their hand, in terms of their trade value chart, and they don’t have an acting general manager; O’Brien himself was the one who made the call to Browns’ general manager John Dorsey.

NFL analyst Warren Sharpis on the record saying that the Redskins could try and strong-arm a first-round pick from the Texans, now that they’ve given up a conditional third-round pick for a running back. Striking at the right time is everything in a trade, and right now, the Redskins could be in prime position to glean massive value. It’s hard to say good-bye so quickly, to a player who’s been a team fixture for a decade.
    &&&
    https://riggosrag.com/2019/08/08/redskins-reference-point-hypothetical-trent-williams-texans-deal/
    &&&
    OK so I'll add some fodder to the rumor mill.

20. TheKDog

TheKDog Hall of Fame

It hasn't been the most ol for over a decade I think now that they've traded one pick it's less likely they trade another

steelbtexan likes this.