Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor

Trent Williams LT Available

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by mussop, Jun 5, 2019.

1. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

2. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

3. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Its sad to see the Texans in one of those positions with a great young QB that they're paying nothing to, and they're not capitalizing on the cap space advantages like other teams have over the last 4 or 5 yrs.

4. maverick512000

maverick512000 Hall of Fame

Yes it does, I never said it didn't, just like articles here talk about letting Clowney go or any team talks about letting an impact players coming up on a new contract go. Hell a couple of years ago Pats beat writers were talking about letting Brady go in favor of switching to Jimmy G. The point wasn't about whether they would keep him or not it was about that they can afford to keep him.

5. maverick512000

Yes it does, I never said it didn't, just like articles here talk about letting Clowney go or any team talks about letting an impact players coming up on a new contract go. Hell there was even talk in NE about letting Brady walk in favor of switching to Jimmy G. The point wasn't about keeping him or not it was that they can afford to keep him.

6. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

oh well... I guess my Zeke thought isn't unprecedented then, eh??

7. Texecutioner

The Cowboys won't be able to keep Zeke and their WR and Prescott at that high amount. One will have to walk, unless they're fine letting the rest of their team walk on their contracts where they'll end up having a ton of holes. Their best bet would be to trade Zeke while he still has value to someone who wants to pay him and draft another RB behind a strong Line. Much easier to replace that position.

You can only pay so many players huge dollars on their contracts. Once a QB gets what Dak gets, it becomes very difficult to stack your team. Ask the Packers.

Pharaohcious likes this.
  8. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

I agree with Tex here... Everyones mostly agreed the RB position is the most replaceable... I DONT agree but hey... whatever

Trading zeke would be great for the Dallas Organization
    they COULD use him to move up 2020 draft​

9. maverick512000

In most cases I would agree but Zeke allows a lot of pressure to be taken off of Dak. Dak hasn't shown that he can carry a team like a Watson has where if you can't trust in a strong run game you can win it with the air game. I don't see Dallas letting Zeke walk and sure has hell not if he might come here.

10. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

but that's the thing! There would be no sign of him coming here... Our Oline isn't strong so why invest in a running game... That'll be what Jerry Jones will think

Support Texans Talk as a Monthly Donor
  11. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

what a ridiculous statement

12. Texecutioner

I'm not saying they'll let him walk. They'll likely pay him. THey'll have to let their WR walk most likely then and not pay him. If they pay him too, their defense will suffer talent wise and maybe their Oline eventually too. You can only pay certain skill players the highest amount at their positions.

Yes Zeke is great, but he's still a RB. That's the most replaceable position in the NFL if you have a strong Oline. SB winning teams almost never have an elite RB. Seattle was the only one I can think of in the last 15 yrs.

13. maverick512000

This is true but SB winning teams also either have a game manager QB or a top tier one. Dak hasn't yet shown he can be either. He's had flashes but nothing you can really hang your hat on. Also Dallas line, while still good, is not the wall it use to be. I don't know I just think Dallas has missed their window for the time being and now they have to look at a mini rebuild. That being the case they maybe looking at just drafting and keeping Zeke and Dak to just keep things interesting and make the bleed out not to bad.

DocBar likes this.
  14. Pharaohcious

Pharaohcious Veteran

So Amari, Zeke or Dak... if you had to GUESS which one they'd let go... Which would it be?

They already wasted a 1st rounder on both Zeke and Amari. yet Dak is the Captain they've been looking for apparently.

Jerry Jones has stabbed both Dez and Romo in the back... I would guess he'd do the same to Zeke

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss It's good to be me... again. Staff Member

[​IMG]

16. Texecutioner

He stabbed neither in the back. He'll likely pay Zeke, but that will end up being more likely the more foolish decision. Cooper isn't the high risk that Zeke is off the field. Zeke has already had a suspension and continues to do questionable stuff. He's also a RB which brings a higher risk for injury.

17. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

I thought this was the Trent Williams thread?

With that said, I think Jerrah lets Tyran Smith walk and that $$$$ goes towards signing the new triplets.

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist Staff Member

Somebody break out the banhammer.

NastyNate and steelbtexan like this.
  19. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Does such even exist anymore?

steelbtexan likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist Staff Member

Yeah , it exists for extreme cases of stupid.

NastyNate, CWTexansFan and JB like this.