travis johnson

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by everardo7206, Dec 19, 2006.

1. everardo7206

everardo7206 Rookie

RGV (if you don't know, thats WAAY deep south texa
    is he injured, or why isn't he playing?

i wasn't all to happy when houston took him in 05

2. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

He has been on IR for a few weeks now.

3. bullpenspectator1

bullpenspectator1 Rookie

He is injury prone and is horrible. Why did we trade away jamaal brown for this loser? Another bone head move by casserly and our staff of draft pick morons. A all pro for a bench warmer. This one was as bad or worse than the bush and young screw up. Please give us some relief!!!

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

why did we trade down instead of gettin derrick johnson

5. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

As I recall quite well, it was widely reported that he made significant strides in this, his second season.

Yes, I was one of the people who was annoyed we did not draft Derrick Johnson, but Travis Johnson DEFINITELY looked vastly improved prior to this years injury.

I would be VERY surprised if Travis Johnson & Mario Williams are not the primary cogs to our DL for the next 8 - 10 years.

That would have been kinda sick to have Derrick Johnson & Demeco Ryans rocking 2 of the 3 LB spots, though. Oh well. I'm good with the Travis pick now.

6. bullpenspectator1

bullpenspectator1 Rookie

the travis pick is lame. He has not been but even average at best. and mostly from the bench area. He had been better than last year but he plain sucked anyway. another blown pick. look at brown. an all pro and has started every game so far. lets get real he is not gonna be a super star in this league

7. AndreRulz

AndreRulz Veteran

he sucks when he played he always got pushed back 3 yards or pancaked every play.

8. austintexanite

austintexanite All Pro

Couldn't agree with you guys anymore, another great move my Casserley. We could have had DJ or Brown but instead we got this waste of cap money who hasn't done anything. Even when healthy, I thought he played horrible. TJ and Babin are prolly the worst 1st rd. picks since we've been around.

9. El Amigo Invisible

El Amigo Invisible All Pro

TJ has been a disappointment from the beginning.I do not think he was even a force in college.

10. kingh99

kingh99 Guest

Casserly and Capers were head clock punchers in a clock punchers paradise. They did their 8 hours and that was it. How else do you explain the lack of due diligence with whacked out Johnson and guys like Babin (major bust) and Buchanon. Capers and Casserly were yes men to the chief cook and head bottle washer.

McNair is the culprit. He must subtly brow beat people into yessing him on key decisions. Got to be it. Until people direct their ire at the responsible party, it'll be business as usual at Reliant.

11. bullpenspectator1

bullpenspectator1 Rookie

he wasn't. answer me this. why did we swap trades for him. we drafted brown and then took tj for nothing in return. what a stupid move. it is obvious they wanted brown and not tj. why then would we not get anything in return for drafting him for the saints? we did it for free. they knew brown wasn't gonna be around and would not be there for them. who the heck wanted tj??? how about not many but us. we need to have a whole new group draft for us maybe an outside consulting firm. no one could do worse. Maybe then we wouldn't be the laughing stock of the football world. someone help us

12. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

The Texans took TJ and left these other DLineman on the Board: Spears (LSU) now Cowboys, Patterson (USC) now Eagles, and Castillo(Northwestern) now SD.
    IMO any of those 3 players would have been a better choice than TJ. So you gotta give the Texans credit, because somehow they managed to draft the worst player out of the top 4 inside DLineman in the 2005 Draft.
    Of course this one is on the previous administration.
    Lets just hope that at the end of Marios second year he is fairing better in comparison against his DLine Draft classmate members.

13. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

The Texans did get Eric Winston!

14. real

real Guest

I could have sworn trading down to pick TJ is what gave us the extra pick to get Winston.....

15. ryansisgod

ryansisgod Veteran

i think the main problem with TJ is that his work ethic sucks, if he can work hard in the offseason and become stronger and more agile he could be a decent at best lineman. but since weve put up with it for so long and kubes think he can do theres not much we can do. lets just hope in the next few years he becomes a beast, like vanden bosch all of a sudden got a billion sacks, after goin like 3 years with just 1 or 2.

16. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

We traded with the Saints for their first round pick and their third round pick
    (2nd of the third), which is what we used to pick Winston.

17. bullpenspectator1

bullpenspectator1 Rookie

People tend to forget that the whole mess we know as the Texans was with campers and palmer and casserly. My guess is casserly was the the one pulling the strings. He was and is horrible (why is he an announcer) and not a gm at another club. His last stupid move was mario. They say we have to stop the colts (manning and co) to win the div. But know they have started a whole new problem. When the colts fade away we now have vince. And we see how thats already become another new nightmare. Way to go Texans. How about not trying to be so smart and just go with the best player available for our NEEDS or taking the LOCK instead of all these unproven and stupid longshots. Only Andre Johnson has been a great first round pick. The rest are average at best, and average is being nice!

18. bullpenspectator1

bullpenspectator1 Rookie

you may be right and i like eric alot. I think I owe an sowry for that mistatement. anyway we still suck drafting...lol

19. everardo7206

everardo7206 Rookie

i wanted DJ to eventually be the heir to derrick brooks, but well, tampa got a recently ineffective cadillac.. i also would have wanted dj at houston, or erasmus james from wisconsin, but i dont know how he is doing..

also i consider jason babin and dunta robinson bad picks, robinson not so much, but neither have helped much in improving out D, but i think babin has more sacks than mario williams but who knows

20. everardo7206

everardo7206 Rookie

also, i had read before the 05 draft, that at florida st, johnson was a monster, but only player when he felt like playing, he wasnt much of a dedicated player and slacks off, same with alex barron from the rams, coincidently both former seminoles