Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Travis Johnson Injury

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=teamreports-2008-nfl-hou&prov=sportsxchange&type=team_report

In other news, defensive tackle Travis Johnson returned to the team after missing the minicamp two weeks ago for his wedding. Johnson did not join his teammates on the field though. The Texans are monitoring a pelvic injury. They are unsure how long it will sideline Johnson.

Just got married? Wonder how that pelvic injury happened. Oh well I'm willing to bet he has no more pelvic injuries after about ohhh... 1 year...

Mike

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Now see....
you boys are just being tacky...
:D

...I wonder if she has a sister...?

First off this was old news when mike posted it. 2nd if you guys would take the time to read the quotes from Kubiak, he has been having issues with this unnamed problem since February.

you guys are being tacky.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
First off this was old news when mike posted it. 2nd if you guys would take the time to read the quotes from Kubiak, he has been having issues with this unnamed problem since February.

you guys are being tacky.
So, she didn't wait?

I think we need to change the name of the board to PCtexanstalk.com
There is anti TJ bias on the board and any thing they can use to ridicule the guy is seized upon. He has a medical issue which he said he cannot pronounce and not one reporter has gone to the trainer to get the name of (Travis told them to ask the trainer the name BTW).

Making fun of a true medical condition that may limit his on field play, if he keeps missing time, is not something to make fun of.

I am far from being PC.

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
There is anti TJ bias on the board and any thing they can use to ridicule the guy is seized upon. He has a medical issue which he said he cannot pronounce and not one reporter has gone to the trainer to get the name of (Travis told them to ask the trainer the name BTW).

Making fun of a true medical condition that may limit his on field play, if he keeps missing time, is not something to make fun of.

I am far from being PC.
Look Kaz Matsui of the Houston Astros had an issues with hemerroids and jokes flew off the shelf like you would not believe it is what we do and how we do it. I bet any player including mario gets and injury that is can remotely be made fun of (if not serious) it will be. Any player who has a bad back cause he player guitar hero to long is going to be made fun of ... it is what it is.

Some of us have a sense of humor that is borderline on needing help from a train professional, and I can assure you I am one of them.

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame

I am far from being PC.
Look Kaz Matsui of the Houston Astros had an issues with hemerroids and jokes flew off the shelf like you would not believe it is what we do and how we do it. I bet any player including mario gets and injury that is can remotely be made fun of (if not serious) it will be. Any player who has a bad back cause he player guitar hero to long is going to be made fun of ... it is what it is.

Some of us have a sense of humor that is borderline on needing help from a train professional, and I can assure you I am one of them.

I support TJ, but anytime a player comes back from a honeymoon and has an injury in a sensitive area, jokes are going to be made. I imagine my old workplace would have given me considerable grief in a similar situation.

To add to Spec's list, Pence got made fun of for running through a glass door.

No piling on TJ going on here, at least on my part. :texflag:

And BTW, TexansFanatic. LMAO rep on the way.

I support TJ, but anytime a player comes back from a honeymoon and has an injury in a sensitive area, jokes are going to be made. I imagine my old workplace would have given me considerable grief in a similar situation.
The injury started way before the honeymoon is one of my biggest points. But who cares.

And BTW I made fun of Pence too.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
How was I ragging on him? He has an injury in his groin area. If I've got to pull a groin muscle or aquire any injury for that matter, I hope its doing what I was insenuating he was doing. Painekiller... might I suggest you change your name to moodstabilizer and then bite off a finger?

Just so that's not missunderstood too let me break it down for you.

Painekiller is spelled similarly to pain killer.
If you get injured and it hurts you might take those to alleviate any pain.
If you changed your name to moodstabilizer it would imply that you have assumed the form of a drug that makes your mood stable.
If you bite off a finger you have then injuested the mood stabilizer.
Then you would be happy, or at the very least not so angry.
Then you would not feel the need to ruin our fun.
It is a joke. It is not meant to be offensive.
It is the offseason. Was my thread really any worse than the 400th (which I will be posting the 401st before long I'm sure) predict the record thread?

I don't have anything against TJ.

Mike

ocd

Noob
I'm starting to think painekiller's related to Travis Johnson.

Here's the deal. If we get production from his position we go the playoffs imo...assuming we have an offense and the secondary can do its' job... :deadhorse

Seriously, TJ is either part of the problem or part of the solution (sorry for the cliche) and if we get the production from him that he's capable of, then the middle is an area of concern for offenses gameplanning.

I love Koobs. But if he hurts his groin "somehow" and has to use a golf cart to go everywhere, I'm busting on him.