Travis Henry more than likely to be released

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Clash_Fan3605, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

Texans Horror likes this.
  2. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

3. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

I highly doubt it. We didn't obv have a chance at Clements, Lewis or Thomas so why would these 3 guys be any different. I'm beginning to wonder why we even bother with frre agency, only to cut guys who seemingly make it somehow somewhere else :brickwall

4. run-david-run

run-david-run Hall of Fame

Umm, because we didnt get the 2 best FA's up there we should just quit? We were never in the running for those guys, I dont know what fantasy world you were living in...

5. Texans Pride

Texans Pride Hall of Fame

6. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Sign him!!!!

Henry is a darn good back.

Sign him!!!!

7. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

According to the Pen, we're one of three teams his agent said was interested. I say sign him now.

"How much money do you want, Travis?"

"X-amount, sir."

"Ok...let me get my checkbook..."

8. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

excellent. i hope he wont be rediculously expensive...

i think we really ought to just release domanick if we have a fairly strong feeling he's not going to contribute much. I believe he's guaranteed like 1.3 million per year and has a salary around 4 million bucks. i don't think he's worth that much to us and would really free up our cap space for the next few years.

on another note..if we do sign henry or another RB, the chances of us trading up wit Cle or someone for AP would be doubtful...i'm thrilled about that. also lynch may be out of the question. so that leaves quinn and brown as far as the offense goes....and all the defensive guys in the draft are a possibility.....sweet.

9. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

It's not a case of living in a Fantasy World. I just would like to hear that we are at least seemingly active in FA for guys that we need to improve this 'ball club. No way would I wanna shell out those $$$ for Clements etc but at least throw your hat in the ring & show we are serious about getting better. As it is we don't do squat & we are still the laughing stock of the league...

10. Please_Evolve

Please_Evolve Veteran

then go about it the redskins way. No thanks. Sign a few smart deals in FA then build through the draft until you can afford the hired hitmen in FA. Guys like Clements. I'd rather build a team on the chemistry of a solid core of player and i think between last draft and the one coming up we'll have those guys.

Seriously if you want a sport where a team can turn the page one player watch the NBA.

11. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

Our new GM = moron so far

How do you not resign Henry? Give him what he wants, the guy only played like 11 games and had over 1200 yards rushing. What more do you want?

Stupid stupid move (unless no one offers him a good deal and he comes back, which I HIGHLY doubt)

I'm very upset with this, as you can tell

12. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

An unhappy Titan fan makes me happy!

Wasn't the item that brought the negotiations to a halt an $8,000,000 bonus that was to be paid now?

I think you now have a better understanding of Bottom Line Bud.

13. Clash_Fan3605

Clash_Fan3605 Veteran

Man, if we get Landry & Henry, IMO that will solve 2 out of 3 of our biggest problems.

14. Ole Miss Texan

Let's go ahead and sign Henry...take him from a division rival. Isn't that 8mil due to him from the titans? It wouldnt surprise me if they're just trying to get the financial arrangements in line and all squared away...that seems to take the longest.

adding henry would be great...i still see us needing some help at WR,OL,DT hopefully we can cen a guy like maddox last year that was a good pick up. wr-is stallworth going to cost too much?

Next year we'll have twice as much $ to spend in free agency. our guys from last draft and this draft will have 1-2 years under their belt. we'll continue to build foundations from next years draft like LT maybe in the 1st...maybe a stud LB in the 2nd....and all that money for free agency..

i can't wait, we're going to be awesome...

15. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

Have the Texans scheduled Henry for a visit or is his agent saying we're interested just a smokescreen to get the Titans to pay him?

16. Exithios

Exithios Veteran

I am hoping for a Monday or Tuesday visit myself, Just seen on the NFL channel that he is scheduled to meet with the Broncos today.

17. Ole Miss Texan

well i think that just sums it up....that means kubiak and smith want him to come visit now. lol

18. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

Hate to say I told you so.........................who am I kidding? No I don't.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :doot: