Travis has always been a Bull

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Vinny, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I guess its destiny's call...
    http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/3161464

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

I read that this morning.. and more I think about it the more I like this guy... there was a big discussion during the season about "lack of fire" on this team.. This guy looks/sounds like he has a nasty attitude on the field.. I am thinking he maybe the leader that we have been looking for..Hopefully him and Walker will flex those Bicepts after a group effort of sacking payton in the endzone for a safety :heh:

Now we need a linemen that has that nasty attitude (ala Runyan type) where when Carr keeps getting hit .. a guy that lights a fire under the other lineman..

3. GP

GP Go Texans!

I thought TJ was a good pick with potential.

Still do.

I know there's a lot of Derrick Johnson fans here, and that's fine. I personally think that it's ironic that Dj is the highest drafted LB by the Chiefs since....Percy Snow. There was a lot of hype around Percy, and he busted.

All of the LB moves we made pre-draft should have been a sign that we weren't serious about DJ.

TJ seems like he's ready to play. You can see it in his eyes. I don't think he's phased by the pressures that I think of the other draft picks are feeling right now. Seems like he's very confident and doesn't really care about anything but playing ball.

And, "yes," it's about time we got some nastiness on our team. Trot David Carr and Andre Johnson down to the Lions Club banquet to shake hands with old ladies....we need a few more players like TJ that just want to hurt someone on an every-Sunday basis.

4. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

what is kinds ironic.. We win the Cleveland game ...we probably pick 16th anyway .. lose the cleveland gain a 2006 3rd rounder

ok I have too much time on my hands :bag:

5. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

No, that is a good assessment on what we really had on our hands. I think the fact that Johnson looks up to Deacon Jones but also knows so much about him and that position in the past, helps him too.

6. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well there have been a couple of hall of fame defensive lineman that have worn number 75...deacon jones, mean joe greene, howie long just to name the ones off the top of my head...let's hope travis johnson can come close to having that type of a career...not comparing his game to theirs just the fact that he chose the same jersey number...i'm sure there have been plenty of d-lineman with that number who have busted out...anyways...i've been all for travis being a texan since i heard his name called...i look forward to seeing him sack leftwich, manning, and every other QB we come against

7. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I hope that he has a 1/4 of the talent that Jones had, if he does you can expect to see him running down Manning and Leftwich.

8. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Now that's the kind of attitude we need on the D!!!! :woot

9. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

So Travis is a Taurus. Good to hear that! 2 Bulls on the Team.

Travis meet Toro:) [​IMG]
    : Occupation: Houston Texans Mascot
    Date of Birth: 4/21/01
    Zodiac Sign: Taurus
    Parents: Tex and Ann
    Education: MA (Master's of Acrobatics)
    Weight: Big enough to BULL you over
    Height: 6 feet tall
    Hoof Size: 10 1/2

Favorites:
    Colors: Deep Steel Blue, Battle Red & Liberty White
    Songs: Wooly BULLy and Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Food: Chips with Salsa & Queso, BBQ Chicken and stadium foods
    Vacation Spots: Pamplona, Spain, for the annual Running of the BULLS and the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo
    Activity: Bucking Cowboys to the turf

(from Toro's bio at the main page)

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I'm really liking this kid more and more. He's saying all the right things and seems to have just the attitude we need. I hope he lets his play do the talking and doesn't get into the fad of celebrating any tackle he happens to be in on like so many other players do these days. Remember Ray Childress?? He'd rip your head off for a 10 yd loss and get up and go back to the huddle. Knock 'em dead, TJ!!! :thumbup

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If he is playing Walker is not, or is Payne out, is this guy going to be our future DE or NT. Regardless there is going to be some serious competition in training camp.

Also I'm a tuarus and their characteristics are- very proud and headstrong (stubborn like a bull, hence the sign), will never admit when wrong or give in, very strong and hates to show weakness. They are most capatible his scorpios and are almost identical to leos- had a girlfriend that was in to that kind of stuff, it was kinda spooky, the description of each sign matched the person to a tee. Its kinda scary, I hate to admit when I'm wrong (thats why I sometime get into lengthy debates with fellow posters) I almost died of a appendicitis (went 3 1/2 days), cause I have such a high pain tollerance (hate hospitals). I garrantee you this guy will play through injury. Almost every girlfriend I have had was a scorpio, btw they are the most wild and crazy people you will ever meet :thumbup

12. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I hope the competition is fierce. This is just what our passrush needed. Walker and Payne feeling pressured will certainly be more productive than the same duo observing last years depth chart. If TJ kicks *** and wins a starting nod, then the same result. WIN-WIN!!!!!! I hope we hit at least 25-30 sacks this year. It would be kinda cool to see our sack total higher than our interception total.

13. wags

wags Hall of Fame

If we only have 25-30 sacks this year then we are in trouble. We need around 40-45 sacks to be a dominant defense.

If our sack total isn't higher than our INT total, we will officially be a joke on defense. :mad:

14. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I whole-heartedly agree with you, but I was trying to be realistic/almost pessimistic. That's how futile our "pass rush" has made me feel. Walker and Payne have NFL life left in them. I just feel that at this stage of their respective career's they may be seeing the end of the rainbow and (Payne's severe hamstring injury not withstanding) be looking to get out with no more physical damage than previously incurred. I used to ride bulls for a living and know how much it sucks getting out of bed in the morning. I think TJ is gonna give a much needed attitudinal adjustment to a couple of entrenched starters. Let the games begin. Loose the Hounds!!! :woot

15. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

16. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i hope he brings that never say die attitude to this defense...i hope his attitude is contagious to the rest of the guys cause i'm a defensive guy...i'd rather have a good defensive team over a good offensive team...i absolutely can't wait to see travis johnson in action...how far away is august?

17. LikeABoss

LikeABoss All Pro

Hopefully TJ and Robaire Smith can cause some serious penetration on the D-line. If they do that, it will make Peek's and Babin's job a whole lot easier.

18. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:thumbup A good DL will make a good LB look great . A bad DL will make a Great LB look OK. If TJ can play Greenwood will look like what people think DJ would be .

19. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I was looking for articles on Ryan Moats and came across this quote in the Philly paper. Figured I'd share...
    http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/11590711.htm

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

When I read that about Johnson in the chronic, it kind of gave me a different look to him. Kind of like what we are getting here is not just someone wanting to earn a million dollar check but someone who wants to put his stamp in the game. That kind of stuff leads to super bowls.