Tramon Williams

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JUSTAFAN, Aug 6, 2006.

1. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

I've read much of the thread discussions about our CB situation and the lack of depth (I agree). However, I've seen just about every CB's name in the discussions except Tramon Williams. First off, he holds the 2005 statistical award for passes defended / PBUs in NCAA IA football. Secondly, he has lead our DBs (Texans) in PBUs through most of camp.....(I know P-Buch and D-Rob are currently injured. I'm speaking about our healthy DBs, including the new "vets"). He was considered as one of our 5 best CBs at the end of mini-camp and OTAs. The kid is very smart, has outstanding hips and can cover. Tramon has a freakishly wide wingspan for his height and can vert 41". Here's an additional bonus........the kid hits like a freight train! He doesn't shy from any contact what-so-ever. So, tell me what you folks have heard thus far about Tramon with regards to camp......any insight/thoughts?

2. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

3. Sco-tai

Sco-tai Veteran

wow...great read.

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of him? I'm the one that started the "DB wish list" thread a few days ago and I'm embarrassed to admit I had never heard of him.

Now...if ONLY we could get a depth chart. I mean..c'mon guys. If the Raiders & Giants can get one out there, certainly so can Kub & the gang. I mean.....we're not asking for THE FINAL...just "current status', aye!?!?

4. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Exactly....I've been to the practices and this kid has been making plays! I was at the La Tech vs Auburn game in 2004 when Tramon "smashed" Ronnie Brown. It wasn't one of those "caught off guard" shots either. Both players knew the other was comin', they sized each other up and let what ever happen..happen. Tramon caught Ronnie right around the chest / chin area and almost knocked him out. Tramon has all the tools to be a huge contributor for the Texans....all he needs is the opportunity. He's my pick for a solid back-up CB and I'll be there Saturday to root for him!

5. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

According to ....?

Dunta, Petey, P Buc, Sanders, McKenzie....

So you're saying he was ahead of either Sanders or McKenzie. Based on.....?

6. Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry Veteran

Your knot alone I read as much as I can and I've never heard of him. Maybe AJ, or Coach C or anyone else thats been to TC can fill us in on his status.

7. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

AJ...every player you mentioned received a "Playmaker" jersey except a healthy McKenzie. It was the 4 others you mentioned plusTramon Williams.

8. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Please...I'm just curious!

9. southtexan

southtexan Veteran

AJ....have you noticed this CB, if so do you think he's got a shot to make at least the pratice squad?

10. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Remember AJ....Tramon Williams (#41) was the CB who snagged a one-handed pick during a practice last week. Then on yesterday, he went up high to knock a pass down and it was picked by Simmons (?).

11. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

fwiw, from a "notice" perspective, I see John Walker making more plays than Williams.

Justafan, you appear to be the one with all the scoop on Williams.

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

In the highlights from camp shown on ABC13(in which some of you guys were in) John Walker was often around the play, I don't know if it was because the QB picked on him or if he rushed to the ball swiftly.

13. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Walker doesn't have great speed but he seems to be in the right place at the right time more often than not.

That Simmons interception was a terrible pass (jump ball) into the endzone into quadruple coverage. Almost hail mary-ish. It was much more of a bad play by the QB as it was a good play by the DBs.

14. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Maybe Saturday's pre-season opener will do some "swaying". :texans:

15. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Has anyone noticed that they are trying Walker at the Free Safety position?

16. AFD1717

AFD1717 Veteran

Tramon seems like the classic tweener. Smaller than you'd like for a safety and slower than you'd like for a corner. Hopefully his play will outweigh his measurables because he seems like a good football player.

17. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

One thing about Tramon......he's a gamer. The way I see it, D-Rob is a beast at the position. He owns it. He's the man! No question. Sanders has good size and has looked great throughout camp. This is a contract year for P Buch so expect him to shine (that's just the way it is!). Other than those three, it's really up for grabs. I've read what Faggins fans (great practice player) and McKenzie fans (come on now!) have written in their threads and I can respect their loyalty, but the only three sure fired CBs who have a spot locked-up are the three that were mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph. I'm just a fan. Who knows.....crazier things have happened. Let's just see what happens on Saturday. :hmmm:

18. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

FWIW I haven't noticed Tramon much one way or the other, meaning nothing really good but nothing bad either. However I tend to watch a particular group of players and don't have the luxury of video review for analyzing the others, so that opinion is probably only worth so much. I have heard good things about him though and I think he will likely make the squad if for no other reason that our lack of depth at DB right now.

19. JUSTAFAN

JUSTAFAN Rookie

Well, all he needs is for the stars and moon to line up creating an opportunity. Once he gets the opportunity, we'll be hearing a lot more from this kid!

20. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Well if by stars and moon you mean McKenzie and Fagins getting hurt, then yes he has his chance. It sucks we lost those 2 guys, but all it means is that someone else has the chance to step up and be big for us. Personally, Im hoping its him or Walker.