Training Camp Quotes

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Chick, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

OMG.

Best read of the offseason. Must must must read for Texans fans. Man, tons of quotes. It's awesome:

link

The season must start now now now.

Lots of good stuff. I don't even know where to begin to talk about it.

2. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

Thanks TC. I just want to go do my fantasy draft and have the season start. I'm fired up about this season in general.

3. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

McKinney stated what I've stated for a many years here....a QB and his ability to feel the rush and make good decisions makes a big difference in how your line is perceived.

4. Texans_Chick

That McKinney would say that is kind of a big thing. Here's Winston being blunt:

5. Texans_Chick

Going back to McKinney's quote...

I think the other thing that is completely missed in talking about the team nationally is how basic and odd and training wheeled the offensive coaching/scheme was in 2005.

It's like the 2006 Raiders--their offensive coaching staff was a huge joke, probably more of a joke than the Texans 2005 offensive coaching staff--they had some guy who had been out of the league for years as their OC.

You could immediately see a difference in the Texans between 2005 to 2006 coaching/scheme-wise, but not the consistency. It was the first year that they looked to be playing NFL offense--but only at times, then they looked like they didn't get it. I'm not looking for amazing QB play, just consistent play.

6. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

We had consistent play before....

Consistently bad. :gun:

7. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I know every year starts with positive quotes but it seems from reading those that there seems to be alot more "belief" behind the words and not rhetoric. People are seeing a pattern of different players being brought in and they have this urgency to win. Like you said TC, I think some of this can be attributed to trusting the system you are in.

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Additionally, having coaches with a winning attitude. The coaches attitude eventually rubs off onto the players that are willing to believe.:texflag:

9. Texans34Life

Texans34Life I BLEED TEXANS!

Man, I'm pumped for this upcoming season!!!

Love this from Salaam:

10. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Right now there are 32 very optimistic teams in the NFL saying all the right things. And if you perceive more of that this year than any of the Texans previous 5 starts to TC, then more power to you.
    Personally I'm hopeful, but not necessarily optimistic. Need to see them in atleast some limited action before I can get any kind of feel for what they might have.

11. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Sounds like Schaub has brought an entirely new feeling to training camp this year: :)

Quotes from training camp. Yes this is a Carr post, sorry!

12. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

My favorite quote:

Dunta Robinson (on how the team can bond at training camp):
    “Just like I said, just having the guys around each other morning to night, we are going to eat together, we are going to sleep together. Not in the same bed, but separately."

----------------------

I think the fact that Salaam, McKinney and Winston all spoke out clearly for the first time in defense of the OL (in the context of the QB change) was telling.

----------------------

I think anyone who's been watching New England since Bledsoe got hurt - or Miami in the 80's - or Fran Tarkenton in the 70's - or even Romo or Vince last year, see that as a given...

13. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Thanks D-Rob, we for sure needed that clarification.

14. GP

GP Go Texans!

DC was actually fairly efficient in the first preseason game or two.

But over time, he just regressed back to his old ways--He couldn't overcome the years and years of being able to act and think and play the way he's comfortable acting, thinking, and playing.

Nobody can change him, and he went to Carolina because the coaches PROMISED they wouldn't try to change him. He was overly ecstatic about that aspect of playing on Carolina's team.

So that right there is all you need to know in terms of the difference that Schaub brings.

Schaub brings a better throwing motion, a firm grasp of the WCO, natural abilities to read-and-react vs. NFL defenses, and he's a a bonified leader.

We're an entirely different team, as all those players seemed to be trying to communicate to us.

There's still a lot that can go wrong (injuries, bad breaks during games), but I like our chances now that the great David Carr debate seems to be settled. He's gone. Schaub's here. 99% of us think it's the best option for our team.

GO TEXANS!

15. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Thanks Steph.

And I think the season just started!

16. BattleRedToro

BattleRedToro Thread Killer

I wouldn't give :twocents: for what McKinney thinks. He's been beat more times then a pinata. I still think they should have replaced him as well. I guess replacing the Center will have to wait until next year's draft.

17. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

I agree and I'm far from some homer that thinks this will be some magially great year. I just think that with a second year behind a man with a system that worked elsewhere, the players seem to exude more of a feeling that things can happen when before they always seemed to be a "but" attached.

18. barberman

barberman Rookie

After reading that article I`m ready for some football, bring on the Pre- season games.

19. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

Actually I think Mr. Studdard is our future center.

20. Texans_Chick

Go check out the stuff at TexansTV at the HT.com site too. It's a lot of the same stuff from the quotes, but I always think it is more interesting to watch the games if you have a sense of the guys under the helmet.

:texflag: