Training Camp Preview

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by infantrycak, Jul 8, 2004.

1. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

From Scouts, Inc.

Pretty fair summary.

2. LB Love

LB Love Rookie

I have to admit being guilty of the rose colored glasses recently. I think that article puts a good, fair perspective on our team.

3. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Whenever its' your hometown team, you tend to look at everything in a skewed view. This was pretty much accurate, although I think this team will overachieve and learn from its' late quarter whoa's last season! Texans finish the season 9-7 and look to be a conference contender in 2005! :headbang:

4. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Many football fans that I talk to think the Texans are not that good. Its funny, because every time the Texans play a team the same people are always saying how could the Texans are.

5. War_Eagle

War_Eagle Rookie

If the Texans can stay healthy at the key positions, I look for a winning season. Possibly 9-7. Depth at these positions and how fast rookies Robinson and Babin adapt to the NFL will determine that.......

6. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I am going to go out on a limb this year and say the surprise will be our offense. When I say that I think there will be some surprises at the WR spots and the TE spots. I think there are going to be people challenging the starters of the last two seasons. AJ is probably the only one you can pencil in simply because of his athletic ability and his desire. Don't under estimate some of the underlings. They may have far better hands than some of you think and may have better route running skills. Again, it takes excellent hands to handle the rockets from Carr. Carr and Berrian were great because of their complimentary skills. We may find that among our young untested receiver core. I think the gentleman from the NFLE, Starling, and the young man from Texas may prove to be better than people think. TC will tell us the story, but don't be surprised if there are some new faces out there. Of yes, I forgot to mention BJ. He has tremendous hands and can make the big catches. The only question is injuries.