Trading RB Ben Tate for a receiver?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by TexanCR, May 19, 2012.

1. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

...Wes Welker? Lets face it, Tate will want starters money at the end of next year, while Wes welker is going to be on the doghouse with the Pats GM and owner due to everything that has happen this offseason.

Do you think it will be possible this trade? Should we have to give a draft pick to sweaten the deal? Can we work around the cap issue to pay him for 3 season? He has prove to be pretty durable except for that play in the good old Reliant Stadium :)

I think both sides will get the best of this deal. The pats do not have such a talented guy in the backfield as Tate and he will give that offense a whole new dimmension making the pats stronger than they are right now. They have like a bizillion of WRs right now, including Edelman that they love to take the slot position and they don't seem to eager to pay big bucks for Welker.

Regarding us, imagine having a real playmaker like Welker next to AJ. He will definetely take the preasure off Andre and will make us a very talented offensive team with our running game and two pro bowlers as WRs. He will be a good teacher for our young guns too, teaching them how to separate and be a mentor next to Andre playing as two WRs with very different styles.

What do you think?

2. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Why would the pats trade the best slot reciever in the nfl for Ben tate? And the Texans have no money to trade for Welker and sign him. I love this dream scenario trades which in reality have no chance of ever happening.

3. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

And by the way, Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis is actually a very solid running back.

4. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

I also think it wont be possible, however if we offer a second round pick and Tate the Pats will at least think about it. Regarding the money issue, yeah I guess you are right.

Other scenario will be trade for Dwayne Bowe, which is said to be on the trading block for the Chiefs but they have Charles and Hillis so they will not want to deal with us, unless is for multiple picks that we will not give.

5. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

Oh dude, your credibility just went out the window with that reply :(

6. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

why would he be in the dog house exactly? he's already said when push comes to shove he won't holdout.

7. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

Ok... Whatever. He averages 4 yards a carry and has never turned over the pig skin. I don't know what football world you live in but in my book, that's a solid running back.

8. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

He doesn't play for the Pats anymore. He's with the Bengals now.

9. stingray

stingray Hall of Fame

That's right.. Forgot he signed with the bungholes. Just proves that running backs are a dime a dozen. I still think the pats would never make a trade like that other than for financial reasons.

10. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

Hmm well if he still plays for the Pats in "your world" then it will be fine. Not being an a s s, but BGE signed with CIN this offseason my friend.

GuerillaBlack likes this.
  11. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

12. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

The front office is not happy about him going public regarding his contract issues and just the fact that they dont have a deal already and that Welker is saying that the talks are "worse" than before he signed his tag says a lot.

13. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Nuff said.

14. Trap_Star

Trap_Star SiteContributor

you're right. welker has gone too far with his shit. i hope they blackball him out of the league.

15. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Not trading Tate. :mariopalm:

/topic

16. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

I would not trade Ben Tate.....at this time, bcuz if Foster goes down.....then the Texans hope of a SB will go down in flames......just like every year it seems with "freak" injuries! let's face it the Texans are a running team. We may have #80, but that's it! We just can't rely on the D all the time. This year we need a very healthy Matt Schaub, a repalcement for Joel Dreesen, a good 2nd WR, lots of luck, & no major injuries to go far.:bat::goodluck:

17. rush2112mn

rush2112mn All Pro

Trade Tate. So....who you replacing him with? I dont know where you were last season....but Foster was out and Tate went in and did a good job starting.
    I like the way he runs too. He will mix it up for you. It is a good combination.....Foster the more elusive runner and then bring in Tate who will run over people and break tackles too.

I just think you dont trade a insurance policy at running back away like that.

18. Texan in Japan

Texan in Japan All Pro

Having 2 starting backs is not a luxury in this league, but a must. AF is arguably the best in the business and Ben is a great #2, who give the defense something different to worry about.

Extend Tate and just stop this thread.

19. TexanCR

TexanCR Rookie

Dont get me wrong, I love Tate. I think he is a great backup and a great insurance for Foster. The only problem that I see pass this season is that he will want to have a big contract that Im pretty sure the Texans will not pay after paying for Foster big bucks this season.

I will hate to see Tate go as a FA and get nothing in return for him, like Mario. I do not see this as a priority this season but next season we will have to at least consider moving him and draft a backup RB in the 4th or 5th round.

20. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Sure they are. That's how Schaub put up over 9000 yds in two years and was headed toward another 4000 yd season before going down last season even with the league's leading rusher. The Texans are not a rushing team. They are a screw you either way they can team and do both very well (even with their barely above average QB and crap receivers) - the two play off each other.