Trading down to Oakland Raiders and draft Vince?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by jjcorvallis, Mar 15, 2006.

1. jjcorvallis

jjcorvallis Rookie

Trading down to Titans or Jets were our best option but NO drafting Drew Brees screwed that up. Titans or Jets will not accept the trade. But Oakland Raiders will still be interested. Let's trade down to Oakland Raiders and draft Vince. Vince will fall.

1. Raiders: Matt Leinheart

2. Saints: D'Brick Ferguson

3. Titans: Reggie Bush

4. Jets: Jay Cutler

5. Packers: A J Hawk

6. 49ers: Mario Williams

7. Texans: Vince Young

2. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Well that would just suck. And I do mean suck really really bad. If we bother trading down that far we might as well get Huff or Vernon Davis. Sorry buddy VY is not coming here unless it is to see his family during the offseason.

3. TJFord

TJFord Rookie

JJ - Well I'm still holding out hope that the Front Office comes to their senses...Though unlikely, I think the best (only?) way we get VY is to trade down with SF. I'm thinking thir first, second, and next year's second and third for the first overall.

SF-Bush
    2-Leinart (via trad)
    Tenn-Cutler
    4-D'Brick
    GB-Williams
    TEXANS-VY

4. MorKnolle

MorKnolle Hall of Fame

Saints would likely take Bush, maybe Mario. Titans would likely take Cutler, Packers woudl not take Hawk over Mario, and we're not taking Vince.

Niners can't afford to give up that much, they had the worst roster in the league last year and lost a lot already this offseason.

5. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :brickwall :brickwall :crying:

6. Bronco Texan

Bronco Texan Veteran

hahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahaha

wait....wait...wait...okay

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha

7. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

If we do trade down, and Davis is still there and we STILL pick Young, I will flip out. That would be a horrible move.

8. Mathis13

Mathis13 Veteran

no,no, and no. I'll shot Charley if he does this:spy:

9. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

You can't help but laugh at that.

10. kcwilson

kcwilson All Pro

Trading from the #1 requires many picks for balance... not even two first rounders of Denver is comparable to the #1 overall according to draft experts... You need a plethora of draft choices to equate that value.

Given the above, we aren't drafting VY.

Now assuming I followed the argument that we need a qb (I'll bite on the bait/worm), why not just keep the #1 and draft Matt Leinart who is a more polished, complete, more highly regarded quarterback than any qb in the draft. He is a much safer selection than VY and will follow in the mold of Carson Palmer, there is no reason to think otherwise. Leinart in teh championship complete 29 or 40 for 365 against the highly touted/regarded Texas defense. That is highly desirable in my mind.

As was previosuly stated, there is no reason for VY to come here and the hometown hero thing is played out. Dude is good but you are trying to force something with this topic.

11. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

THis trade, or one like it, is absolutely the best that we can make out of the draft. And we're not required to take Young at 7. But the 7th pick, plus the others we would get, would help us fix the team much quicker than taking Bush at #1.

12. texman8

texman8 Veteran

Can we just trade P- Buc back to Raiders for 2nd and 3rd that we erroneously gave away last year? Please!!!!!!!!

Oh, if we trade down ( at least a 2006 2nd, 2007 1st and 3rd)...we will not pick VY. Take that to the bank.

13. Huge1

Huge1 Rookie

Leinart IS NOT in the same "mold" as Carson Palmer. His arm strength is nowhere in the same league. He is a good, accurate qb on the short to intermediate routes but he puts a lot of air under the ball on the deep routes (see sideline interceptions in Notre Dame and UT games). Plus, what do we know of how he will handle pressure? Dude had enough time his entire college career behind college football's best offensive line, he could have solved a Rubik's cube.

I tend to agree with that Mayock dude on the NFL Network (has Jay Cutler ranked as the #1 QB). Look what he did with a HORRIBLE Vandy team and absolutely no time to throw. If it wasn't for the worst call in officiating history, they beat Florida on their own field. When all is said and done, I believe Cutler will turn out to be a better QB than any in this draft.

14. outofhnd

outofhnd All Pro

I think who ever came up with this idea must have some wizzonators hidden because he is definately high. (Wizzonator - the way to beat a urine test endorsed by Minnesota Vikings Legend Onterrio Smith)

No way do we trade down that far without serious serious compensation, something the raiders can't afford to give up considering their situation.

15. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Oakland gives us their first, their 4th, Tim Johnson, and Randy Moss??

16. whiskeyrbl

whiskeyrbl Guest

In other words it ain't happenin

17. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

How in the heck do you think we will gain? We are losing value every day for the number 1 and now that Detroit has signed a QB, it has gotten worse. We cannot get anything in value now by trading. We either take Bush or Mario or D'Brick, period.

All you Vince Young supporters that want him here, I wish yall would get a life. He is not worthy of even being in the top 10 much less a #1 pick. 2 QB's coming out are much better than him. So please cut the crap. :stirpot:

18. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Thanks Coach for being a parental type. The UT kids need an authority figure to tell them like it is about their hero.

19. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

The only thing that pains me more than the prospect of selecting and retaining Bush with the #1 is drafting VY anywhere in the 1st round. Having three QB's on the roster carrying contracts that essentially are in year 1 is silly to put it mildly.

20. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

No reason to talk logic here man. :rolleyes: Either you are for Vince or you are against him, same goes for Carr. Actually, if you don't like Carr, you must like Vince. There is no other QB in this year's draft. Clearer now?

UT had a similarly all-world O-line, but that is ignored by Vincers around here. I was about to lump you with them, but then I noticed you mention Cutler. I have to agree with you.