Trade Value of Current Players

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by PhilpW, Dec 6, 2010.

1. PhilpW

PhilpW Irish-American

Do we have any players on our roster that are worthy of a second, third or fourth round draft choice? Our holes on defense are not going to be filled by next years draft.

2. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

You say that, but if you look around the league over the last few years and you see teams turn things around quickly.

I think if the coaching improves (coaching change or not), there is a big improvement to this team. Look at the Jets and the Saints, as examples.

3. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

Tough question..Probably not that you want to trade or that have obvious replacemnts

4. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

Hopefully we can get a supplemental 3 or 4 for the loss of Dunta and Pitts. Have we ever received a supplemental pick?

5. JB

JB Old Curmudgeon

Yes. I don't remember when or for who, but I am pretty sure we had one or two one year... '05 maybe?

6. MFG16

MFG16 Veteran

IMO any player that can be traded for a second round pick is a really valuable piece to any team's puzzle. (examples: Brandon Marshall, Mcnabb) Do we have players that can get a 2nd round pick? Yeah, but if we give them up we are in an even bigger hole than before (proven player for unproven rookie, hit or miss). third round or down might be interesting though. players that came to mind: Slaton, Jones, Pollard, and anyone on the O-line. Other than that the rest of the players are either to important to the team or wouldn't get much in return.

7. 80tothezone

80tothezone Hall of Fame

slaton??? what does he do for us.... ben tate? I mean with foster at RB we could probably pick up a backup in the draft and package those 2 for something... maybe even trade one of the 1500 DE's we picked up this year to replace injured conner barwin.... Trade Daniels?? WE got Casey and Dressen who seam serviceable.. We might not get anything for slaton and tate but maybe tag them on with something... who knows.... we got to look at the positions that we have overfilled which looks like TE RB and DE

8. burro

burro almost sentient

:kubepalm:

9. 80tothezone

80tothezone Hall of Fame

I don't see why that is such a bad idea we got a great safety valve in foster and casey seems to run routs and block at an okay level so why not? we need some playmakers on D and we might have to give up a little of the talent on O to get them... really don't know what the answer is just spit balling there...

10. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

OD will be a free agent after this season.

11. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

Tony Hollings, can't believe I still remembered that guys name after thinking "Georgia Tech running back"

12. STEEL BLUE TEXANS

STEEL BLUE TEXANS Hall of Fame

Supplemental picks are used in a blind draft. You receive compensatory picks for losing players in free agency.

13. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

Ahhh yea my bad...good call, good call.

14. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame