Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade talks with Dallas over Antonio Bryant

Hottoddie said:
I'm not talking about Gaffney. Gaff did a great job. I'm talking about Bradford. I don't know where they're getting their stats, but I saw Bradford drop several key passes that were right in his hands & some that were within his reach. Why else would the coaches put a slower guy (Gaffney) ahead of him on the depth charts?
infantrycak pulled up the dropping stat
Here it is:
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showpost.php?p=481&postcount=17

And remember that speed isnt everything, remember these two words when you think of speed being the most important thing to a WR: Anquan Boldin

Hottoddie said:
I agree with most of what you say about Wells, but (as you said) he played behind one of the worst lines in the history of the NFL. Yes, he is unproven, but that's why I said, maybe, they'd be interested in him for his potential. After all, it's not exactly like Dallas has a stable full of quality RB's. I think Wells could be a more than servicable RB behind a solid OL.
The reason I think they wouldnt want him is because Wells is unproven and no one knows if he is a quaility back. Wells may have potential but they need a vetaran back, not a guy with upside. Their guy with upside is Julius Jones, they need a vet that can get yards especially since it will be a failure if they miss the playoffs this year.

Bradford and Gaffney are both very talented wide receivers and both have been exposed on occasion and made human errors. Perhaps this year they will put it all together.

Bryant has shown to be a very talented wide reciever also and he has also exposed human weakness by his losing his temper at the coach. Surely, Keyshawn Johnson was instrumental in getting the youngster to lose his cool.

So nobody is perfect. One year a receiver may do great, the next not so great. Look at the Cowboys signing of WR Dederic Ward. That guy has been all over the place but he has put up some decent stats once or twice and played with the Super Bowl Champions last year.

Bryant would be a good additon if for nothing else then to push our existing group of receivers and I don't think he would be that big of distraction or have enough pull in the locker room to upset the chemistry. After all, he just may regret acting out on his frustrations and is looking to make good.

Then again, I think we may have the talent to do the job on the current Texans roster, when given the opportunity. This year is the first year that teams will have to look at our greatly improved offensive line (on paper) and a running game powered by DD! These improvements should help open the passing game and open the door of opportunity for Bradford, Gaffney, Derrick Armstrong, Sloan Thomas to shine.

"Surely Keyshawn Johnson was instrumental in getting the youngster to lose his cool".

Where do you get that from?

Actually Bryant has been a headcase since college days. He's always had the attitude.

Which begs me to wonder for maybe the 4th post WHY the Texans would even entertain the possibility of obtaining him. The mantra here is to stay away from those type of disruptive players. :confused:

WWJD said:
"Surely Keyshawn Johnson was instrumental in getting the youngster to lose his cool".

Where do you get that from?

Actually Bryant has been a headcase since college days. He's always had the attitude.

Which begs me to wonder for maybe the 4th post WHY the Texans would even entertain the possibility of obtaining him. The mantra here is to stay away from those type of disruptive players.
I'm a little confused here...Are you trying to say that Keyshawn Johnson isn't a headcase? idonno:

Where do you get that from? :hmmm:

Why do you think the Buc's inactivated Keyshawn? It was because of him being a disruptive influence to the team. And you honestly believe that Keyshawn didn't have anything to do with Bryant losing control? :crazy:

Well, stranger things have happened...I think.

vtech9 said:
And you honestly believe that Keyshawn didn't have anything to do with Bryant losing control? :crazy:

Well, stranger things have happened...I think.

Bryant lost control because Bryant chose to do so, not the devil, Keyshawn, nor Parcells. :twocents:

No I know all about Keyshawn and the Bucs.

And for the record I thought Keyshawn blew it big time in Tampa. I don't approve of what he did there and I would have done the same thing that Coach Gruden did.

Was he corrected or disclipined for starting the fight? I haven't read that so it seems unfair to just throw out that he was "instrumental" in provoking Bryant.

'Player for player trades in the NFL are rare, if anything happens it will most likely involve a draft pick like most trades in this league.

Perhaps Keyshawn was not guilty of starting the fight only being a party of the altercation but the fact remains he was part of it.

A quote from the Star-Telegram out of Fort Worth, "Bryant has become frustrated with his role as the team's third receiver. His feelings boiled over in practice, with Bryant initially getting into separate arguments with Keyshawn Johnson" posted in the paper on the 9th of June.

Who is to blame? Who is responsible for the explosion when you put gasoline and fire together? The explosion is Keyshawn Johnson's mouth and the Bucs will verify that for you. It certainly will not be his Keyshawn's production on the field (my bet) this year, which is why the Cowboys will try and retain Bryant even after he disrespected the coach.

Give me an athlete and a character such as Andre Johnson any day.

Alot of people talk of Bradfords drops, when I remember AJ dropping way more passes than him last year, maybe he got more balls thrown his way but he still dropped more passes than Id like to count. Remember the Jets game? eek:

BuffSoldier said:
Alot of people talk of Bradfords drops, when I remember AJ dropping way more passes than him last year, maybe he got more balls thrown his way but he still dropped more passes than Id like to count. Remember the Jets game? eek:

The difference is that AJ was a rookie, while Bradford was a 5 year veteran before the season began. Veterans are expected to make a higher percentage of those catches.

BuffSoldier said:

Wasn't that the play that Carr got impatient and didn't wait for AJ to get to where the pass was supposed to be thrown (passed the left side of the formation on a right to left pattern) and actually was throwing to Miller but forgot to factor in AJ and bounced the ball off him? Hard to fault a WR for "dropping" a ball that wasn't thrown to him.

By the way, the only reason the Texans had a shot at making that last ditch effort to win the game was JJ Moses returning the kick off 63 yards to give them the ball on the Jets 27 with 1:04 on the clock--frankly after I see the number 63 yds on a KR, I don't care if he got caught by the towel boy, it's a great return.

Back