Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade Sage Thread?

Wolf

100% Texan
That's what I've been saying as well. Green Bay has two 2nd rounders and a bad QB with no back-up. They're essentially in the same position as the Vikings were pre-Frerotte (which doesn't do much for me itself) with more picks in our desired range, considerably less holes to fill and a young, contending team which could use a plug-and-play QB. If they offered us #60 for Sage I think we'd have to take it.
Culpepper visits Packers

GREEN BAY -- Daunte Culpepper, one of the Green Bay Packers' chief rivals from his days with the Minnesota Vikings, could be the favorite to become Aaron Rodgers' top backup.

The 31-year-old veteran quarterback visited the Packers on Wednesday, and there's a chance the two sides will strike a deal before this weekend's draft. Culpepper arrived in Green Bay on Tuesday evening and spent most of Wednesday at the team's facility.

"We had him in for a visit, and it was a good visit," Packers General Manager Ted Thompson said late Wednesday afternoon. "We wanted to kind of introduce ourselves to him and he to us, so it went fine."
http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080424/WRT02/804240685/1829

window could be closing IF the Texans were interested to shopping Sage.. Anyway should be a good QB battle in TC

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
If Sage is not traded this Saturday, then I don't look for him to be traded afterwards unless someone is willing to pay a very steep price.

Our starting QB has yet to prove he is a legitimate starter in the NFL and I just really don't see us trading Sage at all anyways.

Texanmike02

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I don't have any allegiance to any player on the roster really. Basically I expect ANY player to be traded ANYTIME someone offers us something of greater value. I love the players on the roster but nobody, not AJ not DR (either of them), not Mario... NOBODY is untradable just based on their play on the field. Now there are certain players that become untradable based on their salary but Sage's contract is VERY tradable. I don't know why its really such a sore spot for many of us. We are lucky to have a talanted backup who has a very tradable contract. It gives us flexiblity. We may all perceive the value of a player to be different but at some point he is tradable.

Take Peyton Manning. Its outrageous to think of trading him but if you were Indy would you trade him for say the best MLB in the game? What about the best MLB/DE combo? MLB/DE/1st pick in the draft? At some point the offer gets outrageous enough to consider trading Peyton. I'm not suggesting that either team would ever make that move, I'm just saying that there should be NO player that you ever say "we won't trade him no matter what". Not if your goal is to win games/superbowls.

That's why I don't understand the "sage is here to stay" talk. It is really "Sage is here until someone offers us more than he's worth to us" which may in fact be never.

Mike

adam

Guero
why would they want to load up on another mediocre QB that has limited upside...they have that in Brody.
To compare Rosenfels to Brody is almost offending. How many games did Brody win for his team last season? Hell, how many did Schaub win for his team last season?

Vinny

shiny happy fan
why would they want to load up on another mediocre QB that has limited upside...they have that in Brody.
To compare Rosenfels to Brody is almost offending. How many games did Brody win for his team last season? Hell, how many did Schaub win for his team last season?
Brody is a very young QB that doesn't have much of a different skillset than Rosenfels has. Neither guys are elite guys and many probably think that Brody has more upside than Sage does (Croyle was drafted a round earlier than Rosenfels). Croyle is just a younger Rosenfels.

adam

Guero
Brody is a very young QB that doesn't have much of a different skillset than Rosenfels has. Neither guys are elite guys and many probably think that Brody has more upside than Sage does (Croyle was drafted a round earlier than Rosenfels). Croyle is just a younger Rosenfels.
I wouldn't call either player elite, but I would certainly say that Croyle is more mistake prone than Rosenfels and even less inclined to make a big play over the top. Granted, Croyle is very young and has room for development, only time will tell whether or not he becomes a solid player. However, for the time being, I don't think the two are really even comparable.

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
I wouldn't call either player elite, but I would certainly say that Croyle is more mistake prone than Rosenfels and even less inclined to make a big play over the top. Granted, Croyle is very young and has room for development, only time will tell whether or not he becomes a solid player. However, for the time being, I don't think the two are really even comparable.
Even though Croyle (6) threw half the number of INTs that Sage (12) did, in basically one less game (30 attempts or so difference with Sage having more)?

The big play you are probably right about, in that Sage tends to make them more freguently then Croyle.