Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade our 1st pick for.....

Doom Capers

Waterboy
One of those beastly o lineman from the Cheifs. They could use 2 first round picks to help their defense and we could use a lineman. Or maybe trade our first round pick for a good center, like Mawae. I don't know, it is just a thought. What do you guys think?

I dont see trading away a #1 for a lineman . The other options (Free Agency and Drafting a Lineman) are in general more cap friendly . There just isnt much player movement via trades in the NFL anymore mainly because of the cap .

I think that I wouldnt complain if we traded draft picks for some good Olinemen. The team is gonna be treading water until that Oline is fixed.. I would find it pretty pointless to draft new talent for the team when you arent going to go ANYWHERE until the Oline is fixed.

Fix the line at ANY cost.

EDIT** Also, if you were gonna trade away draft picks.. this is the year to do it :P. Bad draft class for our needs. its all RBs and Olinemen. we dont need young Olinemen.. we need immediate impact.

Grid said:
EDIT** Also, if you were gonna trade away draft picks.. this is the year to do it :P. Bad draft class for our needs. its all RBs and Olinemen. we dont need young Olinemen.. we need immediate impact.

Good point, but knowing our staff, they will draft young o-lineman.

How about we trade Gary Walker for an O lineman and pick up a DE in free agency or the draft.

Doom Capers said:
One of those beastly o lineman from the Cheifs. They could use 2 first round picks to help their defense and we could use a lineman. Or maybe trade our first round pick for a good center, like Mawae. I don't know, it is just a thought. What do you guys think?

I don't think I would trade 2 number 1s for an o-lineman, but I would not be adverse to doing some sort of horse trading to get GOOD o-lineman.

By the way, wasn't Mawae one of those that are supposedly the most OVERRATED players.

I like Walker, he's a bit mouthy but at least he brings some fire to the defense. I think part of his problem is that he is left on an island to be double teamed. We need to blitz more on his side using the 2 lb's on that side. I've seen many blitzes on 3rd down this year that were very successfull, but there were few and far between in being called.

I am just going by memory and could be wrong on this but Robaire and Seth were the 2 D linemen I remember making plays, I don't remember Gary making a play at all, but I am probably wrong, like I said I am going by my memory alone.

Gary has ony 1/2 of a sack for the year. Not real good. His tackle output is lower than the other guys also.

OK, then I wasn't wrong. I have a really bad feeling we might get Boselli'ed with the Walker contract.

edo783 said:
Gary has ony 1/2 of a sack for the year. Not real good. His tackle output is lower than the other guys also.

Isn't it half of a sack in the past two years?? Thought I read that somewhere.

I know he was, read my first post again, I wasn't 100% sure of myself. I was just telling myself I wasn't wrong.

texan279 said:
...I have a really bad feeling we might get Boselli'ed with the Walker contract.

Anyone feel this to become a future word for the Texans language? :hmmm:

:rofl: For some reason, that word popped into my head when talking about the Gary Walker situation, I hope I am wrong though.

Bosellli'ed = To amass huge amounts of debt without ever seeing the product you purchased.

At least with Walker we are seeing something? Where are the guys now that said getting Walker, Payne and Boselli was great deal?

WEll of course we did, but he is playing. Can't say that ever for Boselli. Big difference.

ok well, he puts on a uniform and is actually on the field during game time.

How many years was the contract?

If Payne comes back hopefully Sears won't, one of the five DL needs to be speed off the the bench

One of these years, pro sports players will start getting such long contracts that their offspring will have to come and play for their team to honor the contracts.

SESupergenius said:
Bosellli'ed = To amass huge amounts of debt without ever seeing the product you purchased.

Etymologists a hundred years from now will spend massive amounts of state university grants just to figure out why Houstonians say "Bosselli'ed" instead of "screwed." English professors will devote their entire career to the study of Houston's odd dialect. And all of it started it here. Aren't you proud?

And I won't see a penny form all this attention, I would have been Boselli'ed!

Back