Trade JJ for Michael Bush?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by SAMURAITEXAN, Mar 4, 2009.

1. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

I don't know much about Oakland situation with WR/kick off returner. But, I read somewhere that Oakland is using Michael Bush as a trade bait. Why not one on one trade? JJ may has some value to Raiders as a kick off returner and future young and fast WR to groom.

GO TEXANS!!

2. Polo

Polo Guest

I like it.

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I'd make deal that in a split second if I was Rick Smith.

Unfortunately, not even the Raiders are dumb enough to accept it. Bush is FAR FAR more valuable than JJ.

4. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

I would LOOVE for this to happen, I watched this kid fall to 100th overall in his draft. Louisville could have won it all if he hadn't have broken his Leg early in his senior season.

5. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

maybe they feel they owe us one after the P-Buc deal?

6. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

I would be all for this, but I'm sure Bush has more value than JJ.

However the Raiders have Fargas who is getting paid some cash and Mcfadden as well. They really don't need Bush that bad, so they might be willing to let him go for rather cheap.

Maybe JJ and a 5th rounder. If they say no, I would have no problem trading JJ and one of our 4th rounders.

7. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Is this our first Japanese Board member ? Welcome and I gotta second your idea, but I dunno if Big Al is in the market for a WR ?
    BTW thanks for the Sushi, I love it and have it almost every Friday night !

9. Polo

Polo Guest

I don't think Bush has a whole lot more value than JJ if any.

10. D_Money85

D_Money85 TEXAN4LIFE

Yeah i wouldn't mind seeing this happen. Don't get me wrong i like JJ but i hate holding my breath everytime the ball is in his hands. Plus i hear his additude ain't the best. M Bush is a big bruser would play good behind slaton and being third string on the Rad. he won't play much

11. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

ya, this guy is exactly what we need too, a big brusing back with speed who can hit holes. I remember thinking he was a less agile Adrian Peterson in college, I saw him straight run over some people....

12. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

Why would the Raiders NOT be in the market for a WR? THey don't even currently have one right now. That is their BIGGEST NEED. That is exactly what they are in the market for. Hell, that is all that was talked about all year long last year was how Russell didn't have any weapons to throw to other than Zach Miller who is a TE. Miller was their best WR last season. The Raiders are one of the dumbest organizations in football and Al Davis loves getting a guy that is talented with speed.

13. SAMURAITEXAN

SAMURAITEXAN Subscribed Contributor

I believe I am the first Japanese Board Member and I've been around but I don't post much and just read what is going on with the Texans. The Raiders got one seems to be a legit young WR however, I can't recall young seems to be a legit WR other than Higgins. You can always use another one.

GO TEXANS!!

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

With Donald Curry gone, they may need another WR too. I think the sale to the Raiders would be the fact that JJ is a good PR because we can't sale them on his receiving stats.

15. Mike Kerns

Mike Kerns LYSB Podcast

I remember hoping we would pick up Michael Bush in the late rounds in the draft that year. I would love it if he came here. I think his career could take off in our scheme. Not buried behind McFadden & Fargas.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
    WesmanTexanfan likes this.
  16. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

IIRC, a team already suggested a trade for Bush and the Raiders informed them that Bush was not going to be traded. I think it was a week or so ago.

17. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Raiders still have Javon Walker and will probably resign Jerry Porter since he got cut from the Jags. They also just let go of Ronald Curry so that might say how they feel about Johnny Lee Higgins. They're also poised to take a WR in the first or second round and Crabtree becomes a nice option since Housh signed w/ Seattle.

I think the Raiders would more likely want a draft pick and senile as Al is he'll want to improve on the 4th he invested to get Michael Bush. Realistically I'm seeing him wanting a third unless we can pair someone like a JJ to sweeten the deal with a 4th. PErsonally I think there is better value in the third for us to take a RB or BPA however, if Al just wanted a 4th straight up I'd do the deal in a heartbeat.

18. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

Jacoby Jones has ZERO value as a wide receiver right now. He's below DAVID ANDERSON on the depth chart! If he had any WR chops at all, he'd instantly a lot more valuable.

19. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wouldn't even hesitate there. That would be just abour right if you ask me. Of course the Raiders wouldn't do that either but it's a great fantasy to toy with.

20. Polo

Polo Guest

Michael Bush is third on his depth chart.....????