Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

TRADE, input appreciated

Brandon420tx

Flounder
So the guy thats always been giving me crappy trade offers gives me this one.

I get:
Antonio Gates
Marvin Harrison
Edgerin James
Matt Schaub

He gets:
Steven Jackson
Andre Johnson
Kevin Jones

I'm still not really leaning to his trade yet, but so far its been the most reasonable one he's suggested. I'm going to tell him I want to wait a week because of Alexander being on a bye. So what you guys think?

I would do that trade. You're getting guys that are producing now. I don't think steven jackson is gonna do anything this year. That Rams offense looks horrible.

EDIT: Well, MAtt shaub ain't really producing.

My team is already built pretty well for right now, my only injured guys are Ben Watson, Andre and Steven Jackson (Ronnie Brown was just replaced by Chatman).
My lineup is:Active:
Donovan McNabb
Steven Jackson
Kevin Jones
Kevin Curtis
Plexico Burress
Kevin Walter
Ben Watson
Kris Brown
Steelers DST
Inactive:
Ben Roethlisberger
J. Chatman
Shaun Alexander (Bye, and not playing well)
Andre Johnson (Should be back week 11)
Bobby Engram (Bye Week)

60% of the rams offense that was injured most of the season is coming back though, I (hopefully) have a weeks grace period to think it over, because if I pulled on the trade right now, I'd be stuck with 1 running that didn't have a bye, and that running back would be Jesse Chatman.

So in 1 week:
I am 1 week closer to AJ coming back
I can evaluate Steven Jackson.
Hope Ben Watson is back

Really the only thing I'm upgrading is Ben Watson, I don't know enough about the Cards offense, and Edgerrin hasn't been explosive since the beginning of the year.

So the guy thats always been giving me crappy trade offers gives me this one.

I get:
Antonio Gates
Marvin Harrison
Edgerin James
Matt Schaub

He gets:
Steven Jackson
Andre Johnson
Kevin Jones

I'm still not really leaning to his trade yet, but so far its been the most reasonable one he's suggested. I'm going to tell him I want to wait a week because of Alexander being on a bye. So what you guys think?

No. RB's are much more valuable.

Harrison has been knicked up and Wayne is looking more like the #1 now (thought Harrison is Manning's boy). James is not the back he was and Schaub is ok fantasy wise.

An injured Jackson is about the same as Edge. AJ is by far more valuable than Harrison and Jones is just now getting healthy. My 2 cents...

That's a pretty tough decision. Steven Jackson is bound to start playing well, but AJ just might not make it back in time. I have him in both of my leagues and it has been killing me. I just cut Schaub on one my teams to pick up Cutler. We have a bye week coming up and Schaub is banged up. Marvin will get back on track for sure, I am not sure how good Gates numbers are but it is not hard to find a decent TE in my league anyway.

I don't think I would do it, and like Papal said, hold on to the RB's and hope AJ gets healthy.

So the week has passed, and I'm thinking about offering mr. ridiculous trade offerer guy this:

He gets Shaun Alexander
Kevin Jones
Benjamin Watson

I get:
Edgerin James
Antonio Gates.

I'm not asking if you would accept it, I'm asking if you would offer it, or is it not a good trade.

Are you trying to get rid a healthy and soon to be hot Kevin Jones? Is your main goal to get Gates?

I wouldn't offer it but I sure would accept it (well depending on what the other person's roster looks like)

Are you trying to get rid a healthy and soon to be hot Kevin Jones? Is your main goal to get Gates?

I wouldn't offer it but I sure would accept it (well depending on what the other person's roster looks like)

Yes, my main goal IS Gates, I might swap Kevin Jones with Donovan McNabb since I'm going to be using Big Ben the rest of the year. Although, K. Jones will be playing some pretty tough run defenses the rest of the year: ARI, NYG (not a tough run D, but the lions will score through the air), MIN, GB, DAL, and SD.
I still have Steven Jackson and Jesse Chatman. (and after the trade, I'm picking up Echemandu :) )

Back