Trade Domanick Davis??

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HeartofHouston, Aug 21, 2006.

1. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

Okay as we can see it's completely obvious that we have a nice committee of RBs here and with this system it's not hard to turn a dirt rock into a diamond. For goodness sakes there was word that Denver is starting a Undrafted Rookie over Tatum Bell and Ron Dayne.

Lundy has shown his ability to run in this offense, but lacks the blocking ability and where he lacks Morency makes up for with his block.. Both of these backs can carry the ball for us..

How would you guys feel about trading Domanick Davis??

2. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

DD has little or no trade value at present.

Actually he probably has negative value considering the cap hit.

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Would we even be able to with his knee problem? Everyone's worried about his future. Personally, I think having Morency and a healthy DD is just what this team needs--although a really good CB would be very nice.

4. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, at this point in time, he's untradable given his contract and injury history.

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Yep, that's what I figured.

6. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

To be traded to another team, the player has to pass a physical. DD cannot.

7. HeartofHouston

HeartofHouston Veteran

very very true.. i was just trying to see if you guys had any possible way of getting something in return for this guy..

8. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

How 'bout 900 yds., to go with Morency's 1200? :yahoo:

9. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Ditto. In his current health and with current contract, he's untradable.

If he gets better, I'd put him in above anyone else we've got on the roster right now, or possibly have him back up Morency.

Moot point though as no one is going to give us squat for him right now.

10. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

So easy how great things get forgotten. Well yall talk about how Kub makes good RBs out of nobodys, so how well do you think davis could do with kubs running the show ??? Come on people D.D will get healthy and have a good career for the TEXANS !!!!

11. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

If Lundy, Morency or whoever ends up being the feature back gets the job done and then some, then I would consider trading DD. The only way he will be traded though is if he comes back healthy. Teams may shy away however since he seems to be injured quite often.

12. The Pencil Neck

The Pencil Neck Subscribed Contributor

Personally, I'm just WAY too emotionally attached to DD to want to see him gone.

thunderkyss likes this.
  13. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Pretty accurately put...........I'm afraid that the only physical he would pass would be the one given by the Texans.

14. Divebomb

Divebomb Veteran

I do not understand why people are so down on DD. The guy has been a hoss for this team, and the play by Morency and Lundy is only going to push the guy that much harder when he gets healthy. What we have going on in Houston is a no B.S. talented group of RB's who are batteling it out for PT. If they keep it up like this we are going to have a lot of fun this year. When DD is ready he will get his chance to shine with this new revamped running game and I hope the guy tears it up!

15. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

yah im stoked to see Lundy and Morency do well. When DD is back we will have 3 quality RBs. Eventually we will be able to trade one of em for a nifty sum.

16. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

PM me your address, so I can go whup your a55............

just kidding...... don't get mad..

17. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Davis is un tradeable. He'll be lucky to come back as a starter if he comes back.

18. texanskan

texanskan Veteran

First off someone never explained to you that you buy low and sell high and a back with a percived bum knee and a large cap number is not exactly worth a lot.

Second DD will be fine and while he has more wear and tear on him than Morencey and Lundy I believe he will flourish more in this system over the next 3-4 years (barring major injury) than anyone else on this current roster.

Third DD is a HUGE threat catching the ball out of the backfield and to me more than picking up defenders on a blitz this is a bigger unknown with the young guys.

Let's all hope DD, Morencey, Lundy and anyone else (ie. Smith or any other back) stay healthy and fresh all year.

19. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

Trading DD would be like trading Yao or T-Mac from the Rox's because of injuries last season. Let this guy get healthy and come back at full speed and I bet you would stick a fork in that pork chop at the ideal of trading DD. Even so the guy deserves the right to bounce back from this injury and be apart of the next BIG THANG!!! TEXANS KICKING SOME MAJOR @SS.:stirpot:

Once he come back, think about the thoroghbred's that we can pull out the stables. Man it's gonna be time to recognize that these boys gonna run that ball down teams throat,literally. DD,VM,Lundy:cowboy1:

20. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

No no no... Us DD and Carr fans are suppose to believe these 'Board Coaches' and trade away all our trash and keep all the great 'Playmakers' that we have in Buchanon, Babin, TJ and Co. We only need to trade away Carr and DD for VY and Jesus Bush so they can snap the ball, run it, throw it, catch it (well tehy can occasionally let Moulds and AJ have a TD) and we will be back in the playoffs by Week 12! Oh and we have to get rid of Kubes, we will go get ourselves a coach like Tice who scalps tickets shall we?

I really don't know why some peole post on here w/out research. Davis was only just shy of his 3rd 1,000 yard season in a row and because he hurt his knee and didnt manage that we need to get rid of the guy... unFREAKIN'believable it is here some times. Makes me embarrassed to be a Texan fan with support for our players and team like that :hides: