Trade Deadline Tomorrow......

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by No More 8-8's, Oct 19, 2009.

1. No More 8-8's

No More 8-8's Veteran

any rumors out there for us Texans fans???

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!

2. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:

3. Goatcheese

Goatcheese Nightmare Over

Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.

4. TheRealJoker

TheRealJoker Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.

5. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

Rogers was mentioned on one of the radio shows last Friday. 355 lbs one sack 09 and 30 years old. As there is no DT in draft I want and only two possibles in free agency, I'd offer a 2 this year but hesitate over a first round.

6. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I like the Jamal Lewis idea.

8. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.

9. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.

10. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

the Jets just cut Howard Green. He was orginally drafted by the Texans in the 6th rd. back in 02 to play Nose in Capers 3-4. 6-2 320. just a space eater :fridge:

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

Andre Davis can't get it done. Jacoby is a better wide reciever, at this point. Davis couldn't hack it. JJ stretches the field, and has been pretty dependable as a wide out. He also returns better. Can't get onboard with this, unless we could nab a 2nd.

12. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Andre will bust one before the year's through. Jacoby is showing alot of plus but there are so many holes, you can afford to let Jacoby go.

13. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

Jacoby would only be expendable for me if we got a really good player in return or maybe a 2nd. He is a true weapon on special teams when he holds on and is now becoming a weapon in the receiving game like we've wanted him to be.

14. False Start

False Start On # 69

I seriously doubt the Texans will make a move. I like the idea of Shaun Rogers, he would be great along side of Amobi. As far as Jacoby, I used to be on the cut him bandwagon, but he has changed my mind this season. With eight receptions, and 3 TDs, he has a hell of a TD to reception ratio. I think if we did trade him it would come back to bite the Texans in the arse somehow, someway. I would rather just keep him.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm saying trade him for Shaun Rogers. That would be the only trade I would make unless it was something even better.

16. TheRealJoker

The way JJ has been playing this season, he's more than a luxury, he's a key contributor even with the occasional muff. He's finally developing into a bonafide NFL player instead of a raw project!!! If he keeps this up he's got the opportunity to be a premier deep threat in the NFL for us and a nightmare for DCs. How can they dedicate a safety to AJ at all times when they've only got one other safety to help the other CBs/LBers with KW and OD who can kill them underneath or JJ who can go the distance if he gets a step on their CB?

This becomes even more problematic if we use Slaton the rest of the season like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!

jppaul likes this.
  17. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

No joke. Just about every screen he's taken has gone for big gains. Even the one against NYj when he fumbled.

18. ReliantTexan

ReliantTexan Veteran

I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.

19. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

They'd have to give us Clark Harris back in return.

20. TheRealJoker

The Bengals would certainly be a candidate to trade Dreesen to but after their injuries on the DL (Odom and Peko) I dont think they'd have the depth to make a move. Dreesen would be more valuable to us than whatever players the Bengals would be willing to give us in exchange that would help us win this season.