Trade D. Davis for Abraham???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Skrobes66, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Skrobes66

Skrobes66 Rookie

Any chance on this happening? Jets need a replacement for C. Martin.

2. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

If abraham could stay healthy.. he would have much more of an impact on the defensive side of the ball than what DD has on our offensive side (or has) ...with Morency/Wells (basically have been getting same kind of production minus the catches)..

Jets would more than likely turn that one down IMO...

3. JetDude

JetDude Rookie

Uh no...that won't happen.

Right now the two teams we are talking with are the Redskins and the Broncos...

My gut feeling is that the Jets will trade him to the Skins, but I would prefer trading him to the broncos for one of their first rounders...

If we traded with the Skins it would probably involve Ramsey, second round this year and a third rounder in 2007...

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

My problems with Abraham:

1. Injury issues
    2. Hes only 258 pounds

Trading DD would be a bad move. We need him even if we draft Bush.

5. Skrobes66

Skrobes66 Rookie

We do have Morency and I believe he is a good back who just needs a chance.

6. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

just wondering here .. last I heard Arrington was in the doghouse in washington.. has any talk of arrington-abraham???

I don't follow the 'skins so not sure if Arrington is still in the dog house.. I would think both players are in need of a change of scenery ..

7. JetDude

JetDude Rookie

Arrington is more than likely still in the dog house...

8. TreWardTxn

TreWardTxn Veteran

I don't see why the Jets would want Ramsey (hasn't been able to beat out an old, hobbled Brunell for the starting job) but if they do and the Texans have to give up DD to upgrade a position then so be it. Davis is the closest reflection we have to Bush's talents and don't need them competing for touches; Wells can do the short yardage work, and Morency can handle normal spelling.

9. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

We aren't getting rid of Davis. Kubiak already said that he would be a more effective running back if the Texans added another quality running back to help him (I wonder who that is?).

Hollings and Wells are going to be cut and Morency will be the third string back like this year.

10. LoneStarState

LoneStarState Veteran

I like Dominic Davis. But with his injuries over the past, I find it hard to believe people are saying that he's a premier back (or that he would be better to have than Reggie Bush... sorry, but when you say we don't need RB because we have DD - that's what you're saying). He's a quality back, but his lack of durability will keep him from being a premier back. :twocents:

11. TexanSoldier

TexanSoldier Rookie

John Abraham is pretty good, but that's alot of money to pay to an aging player. Isn't the reason he's getting out of the Jets organization because they won't sign him to a long term deal? I wonder why? DD is too young to waste in a trade like this, won't happen.

12. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Well then how do you know that Peek and Babin cant? :P.. the point is that we already have enough undersized DEs..we need some meat. I wouldnt be against getting Abraham cause he puts up good numbers, but not for DD.

13. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

aging? he's only like 26, right?

14. J-Storm

J-Storm Veteran

The DD backers (of which i am 1) have made the argument over and over on this. He keeps getting hobbled, n' nicked up because the former coaching staff didnt change him out of the game enough for a guy like Wells or Morency to speel him a lil' more. Even Blind Freddy can see that logic. Its not that we think it's better to have him than have Reggie Bush, it's that we know that unless DD gets reps out of the game here and there he'll be no good in 2 years time whether we have Reggie Bush or not...

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Wells is a FA .... I REALLY hope he returns to the Texans next year . He's a solid back-up and a stand-out special teams player . The Texans need MORE players like Wells not less ....He likely wont cost an arm and a leg to keep .

As for Hollings he should have been cut last season.

Would I trade DD for Abe ? If Bush is the #1 pick ... yes I would . Otherwise No.

16. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

Dwight Freeney is 268 on the roster listed by Yahoo. Is he too small?

17. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    Doubt it, they have the 4th pick in the draft so they'll be able to pick a decent back.

18. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Dwight Freeney is a great pass rusher. Small guys are good for pass rushing. The Defensive line is not all about pass rushing.

19. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

Grid, you're kidding, right? If you expect any 'tweener' to be able to perform in a 4-3 like Dwight Freeney . . ???

Where are you going with that one?

20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I think I'm going to have to agree with Corrosion here. I think Wells is worth more than we give him credit for. We don't need Bush, but he'd be my choice (now that Carr is signed) if we're not going to trade down, which is what I've wanted all along.