total draft picks?

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by pittbull, Feb 11, 2006.

1. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

I realize the Texans have a number of draft picks, but what is the placement (i.e. #1 first round, #33 second round, etc......) Does anyone have a listing?

2. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

they have 8 total...one at the top of each round and NO's 3rd round pick which is 2nd in the third round.

http://www.gbnreport.com/fulldraftorder.html

3. pittbull

pittbull All Pro

Thanks buddie. Been looking all over for this information!

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

1, 33, 65, 66, 97, and three others? Somehow I thought we had an extra 2nd rounder. Are there any compensation picks to come? How many extra picks can we get trading down or trading Carr?

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Which reminds me of something that McNair said not to long ago about what it would take to turn the Texans around: he said the team was 5 or 6 players
    from becoming respectable, if not a playoff contender.
    Now I dunno...some might say that's an optimistic assesment on the owners
    part. Maybe, maybe not. But what he was talking about was another OT, a TE, a DE and MLB (for the new 4-3), and a CB.
    Now I'm a big Reggie fan, but I'm a bigger Texan fan and I know we can convert that #1 overall into 3 first day picks (drafting atleast somewhere in the top 10), at the very least. Take those 3 picks along with along with what we already have, and that is 7 first day Draft picks. Combine that with
    one of two scores in FA, and we're on our way to turning the team around in a single season.