Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TOTAL "Conspiracy Theory" about the O-Line... [:-o>

Luv_ya_blue

Truth, Love, Faith & Obedience - Christianity 101
:hides: I hope I don't get flamed for this one...:hides:

I was just wondering how much you guys think that the O-line would be "tempted" to play down a little, to get rid of Carr?

I've heard several of you mention that there's a good chance the players in the locker room are upset with this season...

:hides: Just a thought...don't get bent.:hides:

wouldn't agree or disagree, but it would be a possibility

but i think that mature adults have more pride then that, so that makes me doubt it

I seriously doubt they'd intentionally play down, for the simple fact that they'd be jepeordizing their own jobs...

Everything they do is on film. Future employers watch that film to determine if they should sign a given player and if so, how much he should be paid. So, when it comes to jeopardizing their career and/or paychecks, I think they are out there busting their butts.

Kind of like Kris Brown missing that FG last year - he really is just that bad.

No way does the line "play down" to get rid of Carr. If they want him gone they will just cut/trade him at the end of this season no matter what Bob McNair is saying right now. Subterfuge is not needed.

I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head .

The 790 guys were interviewing a reporter from NE . He said Brady is steaming because their 9-4 and questions his teamates commitment . Brady hates to lose .

He said Brady year after year wins the conditioning contest before the season . Brady gets there at 6:00 am and is the last one to leave . When he calls someone out they don't have a leg to stand on because of his commitment .

I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head .

I agree. I don't think they do anything on purpose to "try to get rid of Carr" - their future paychecks rely on their game film. There may be something to the theory that they don't get as fired up as they might because they are as beat down mentally as Carr is. This mentality, if it is like that, would probably be caused by a combination Carr's play and their own previous performance.

The infusion of young talent and the direction of the coaches may help overcome this. We'll see.

I encourage it.

I would tell them to be a swinging gate and allow the D to turn Carr into roadkill so he can't come back and continue his pure 100% suckiness. It's the least the O-line can do to payback this LOSER for stealing $8 million that could have gone towards upgrading the O-line (not that I beleive it to even be a problem). Carr is the problem.

Spoken like a true Texans Fan

i can see the line not givin it there all, but not playin down on purpose to get rid of carr, more of a attitude of "were not gonna win, so theres no point to give 100%"

Carr to the Raiders would be hilarious. That team's O-line IS a swinging gate. It would be just punishment for the Texans to send this ZERO to Oakland to see what a really bad o-line is all about.

He has been our QB since O2 so he already knows. Our 02 line set a record, as bad as Oakland is, I don't see them setting any records.

I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head.

This is exactly what I was going to point out, too. They don't 'play down' because of Carr, but he does not inspire them to 'play up' and protect him at all costs. Probably because they know that in spite of their best efforts, he has limitations that the great ones don't have, IMO.

This is exactly what I was going to point out, too. They don't 'play down' because of Carr, but he does not inspire them to 'play up' and protect him at all costs. Probably because they know that in spite of their best efforts, he has limitations that the great ones don't have, IMO.

Have you guys ever played football? you really believe that players will not give it their all because they think the QB has limitations?

:hides: I hope I don't get flamed for this one...:hides:

I was just wondering how much you guys think that the O-line would be "tempted" to play down a little, to get rid of Carr?

I've heard several of you mention that there's a good chance the players in the locker room are upset with this season...

:hides: Just a thought...don't get bent.:hides:

LOL.............. FLAMED.................... j/k

I encourage it.

I would tell them to be a swinging gate and allow the D to turn Carr into roadkill so he can't come back and continue his pure 100% suckiness. It's the least the O-line can do to payback this LOSER for stealing $8 million that could have gone towards upgrading the O-line (not that I beleive it to even be a problem). Carr is the problem.
wow...your an *****. really..you dont believe the O-line to be a problem? Have you seen the Texans play?

Back