Top 10 draft prospects

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by wags, Dec 13, 2004.

1. wags

wags Hall of Fame

Who do you consider the top ten draft prospects? Would you target any of these players and give up a lot to get them?

in no particular order

Matt Leinart
    Aaron Rogers
    Antrel Rolle
    Derrick Johnson
    Mike Williams
    Braylon Edwards
    Alex Barron
    Cedric Benson
    Erasmus James
    Ronnie Brown

2. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

Matt Leinart
    Aaron Rogers
    Antrel Rolle
    Derrick Johnson
    Mike Williams
    Braylon Edwards
    Alex Barron
    Cedric Benson
    Marcus Spears
    Ronnie Brown

Spears in for Erasmus James

I'd give up a lot to get Derrick Johnson and pair him with Sharper in the middle. Marcus Spears would be nice, too.

But if we sit at around #13, I want Ronnie Brown...

3. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

Fiddy

I'm not sure you're going to want Ronnie Brown after he is a member of the Poston's clients (Think:Winslow)

4. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

The Poston's are not so terrible if the player isnt an arrogant prick.

If they fit our team.. I would DEFINATLY trade up for Derrick Johnson.. and most probably trade up for Ronnie Brown...

I like Davis.. I liked him even when he was doing bad this season (though I questioned his status as franchise back).. but Ronnie Brown has the build of a workhorse RB and we could use one.

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Top 10 prospects eligible or already declared only-

Antrel Rolle-
    Derrick Johnson-
    Mike Williams-
    Alex Barron-
    David Pollack-
    Carnell Williams-
    Cedric Benson-
    Ronnie Brown-
    Marcus Spears-
    Braylon Edwards-

Matt & Aaron are both Juniors but if they do declare they would be top 10 knocking Marcus & Braylon out. Thats not to mention other possible talented underclassman who may opt out of College for the pros, so thats why for now I'm limiting my top 10 to only seniors.

Now who would I give up a lot to have as a Texan? Really just two players and they would be Derrick Johnson & Antrel Rolle. Both are the best at their positions to come out of college in years and both would fill a need. Rolle is a big physical corner a great compliment to Dunta also a fierce pass rusher. Johnson is the playmaking 3-4 linebacker the Texans need, his speed alone from side to side would limit many of those frustrating 3rd down conversions. Both have the ability to impact the defense their first year & would fit nicely into the Texan team framework.

Realisticly Marcus Spears is a no brainer & we would not have to give up alot, and as we speak sitting with the 11th pick he should be available. He would not have the impact of the other two but he will beef up the defensive line and be able to create and cause mismatches for his teammates and reel in a half dozen or so QB sacks :jumpbanan

6. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

How about citing even a single source for this position, because it sure isn't supported by the source you provided in the cap thread which showed the Texans had less cap room than 21 other teams?

7. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Agreed. I think we should consentrate more on the LB, o-line, and d-line for now. Our secondary has been stepping it up this season. Yes there have been a few rough games but that happens.

8. texansalltheway

texansalltheway Rookie

Agreed, I loved our secondary, three rookies (two starters and we held an offense that avg 4 TD a game to 2 and did a faily good jopb on Manning. Notice how much more effective our defense can be with a pass rush and constant pressure on the QB, thats why I would like to see us draft Pollack in the first rd and move Wong to ILB.