Too much smiling

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by illspawn, Dec 4, 2005.

1. illspawn

illspawn Rookie

How the hell are these guys smiling after the game after choking 2 games in a row? I mean come on you are the worst team in the NFL and you are smiling after losing. I am a huge fan but I don't like it when you are not only content with losing but actually smiling and laughing 5 seconds after losing. It is time that some people lose their jobs for poor job performance. The only thing I can guess is they are trying to make sure they keep the 1st round draft pick.

2. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

i know. the laughing really makes me upset. i dont laugh when i have a bad sales day in my businesss...why are they laughing with such poor performances?

3. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I guess when you can under perform that bad and still get AT LEAST $250,000 a year, a smile is no big deal lol

4. supertankman

supertankman Rookie

Because they are still getting paid regardless of what their performance is, wouldnt you be smiling? :)

5. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

I guess so. Besides they say you've gotta laugh to keep from crying. :crying:

6. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

yes I have laughed most of this Football season :crying: I mean :tv:

7. texplayer2

texplayer2 Veteran

Players don't want 1st picks, because that means somebody will replace them and their salary. They may have been networking for a job next year.:)

8. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

I can't take it anymore. This team (my favorite) couldn't beat a JV 2A football team. They cannot execute a punt return to save their lives. Penalities after penality, and if wasn't bad enough, Mathis and Johnson give the game away with the piss poor performance of the century.

RETURN ALL YOUR TICKETS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. And find another team to watch, maybe by the Draft I will get over it and start to care again. Capers CANNOT coach his way out of a paper bag, every one has laid down, and now they are SMILING. I wish their was away to dock their pay the rest of the season or that they worked on commission based on some sort of success.

Even if they did win, it would have went down as the SLOPPIEST WIN IN HISTORY! I give up......it's all over.

:goodnight

9. False Start

False Start On # 69

Maybe David was flashing that smile for all the male model scouts at the game . :heh:

10. oldtexan

oldtexan Rookie

Heck, I was laughing too. How can you watch this Team week after week without laughing. I give up.

11. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

BITTERSWEET! The only good thing about losing is that the Texans will have a great draft position, and gettin' rid of Capers & Casserly! Man, I can't believe I said that!:texans: Look at previous bad teams who drafted guys like P. Manning, C. Palmer, etc. We NEED to have the chance to pick good players next year to start building, even the 3rd round pick from the New Orleans Aints startin' to look good! We need a new GM that won't REACH &/or GIVE UP ALOT for crappy players, & pay FA's too much that SUCKS! Casserly has really did a fine job @ screwing this team royally. And, I really DON'T want to hear about A.J & D.ROB(high picks), or D.D. & J. MATHIS (lucky pick), the rest mediocre or busts! The worst thing is that they had alot of draft picks to work with as an expansion team! SIGH!

12. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

oh bleh..

yah i fully expected the entire team to be crying.. i was waiting for them to all kneel in the endzone and commit group seppuku.

They have lost 11 games this season.. i imagine at some point you have to be able to smile and accept that you suck.. and just look towards next week..or in our case.. next year.

If I was out there.. and I had lost the game like that.. id be smiling too. I wouldnt be able to generate the emotional energy to get angry.

13. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Huh i would be smiling to if i was a top pick bust and wasted getting paid millions.:texflag:

14. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I always thought the 3rd string QB had it best. Get paid like 250K a year and you wear a ball cap and hold a clip board for 16 weeks.

15. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Ragone makes more than 250K a year. A good bit more. Hell practice squad players make 4500 a week

16. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

so they come out smelling like roses.:texflag:

17. illspawn

illspawn Rookie

I didn't say they should be crying, but they shouldn't be acting happy about being the worse there is in the profession they chose.

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I know it does not look good, but at the same time we are not the proverbial fly on the Wand to really here what those discussions are. I nitpick with the best of them, but what they are going through is something I would not wish on the guy who forgot to slap cheese on my cheeseburger today. They are our guys for the next four weeks, kill them afterwards.:texflag:

Malloy likes this.
  19. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Maybe they're smiling because they ultimately know a new coach and a fresh start is around the corner?

Maybe they ate the magic brownies?

I don't know, wonder if they do... idonno:

But Grid's right about no emotional investment. While it is kinda' weird to see a 1-11 team having any semblance of a good time, I figure part of them feels like us fans. Just hopeless and already looking towards next year.

20. illspawn

illspawn Rookie

I don't understand the no emotional investment. I competed in many sports throughout my life and never got to the point that losing didn't make me angry. Not saying that isn't what is going on. I am too competitive of a person to smile after I lose at anything and kind of figured most pro athletes were extremely competitive. Oh well hope next year is better but if not I will continue to watch the games. I've seen worse games played by them than this last one at least. Now to the next game!:texflag: