Tom Zbikowski

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by texaslifter, Dec 13, 2006.

1. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

I might have his name spelled wrong, if I do I apologize but I'm not looking it up.

Hes a very large, punishing safety and slightly too slow to play safety in the NFL. What is the consensus on taking this guy and making him a linebacker ala Brian Urlacher? Personally, I'm praying someone in the Texans organization thinks of it because this guy lays the wood! And man, with that speed, he'd roam sideline to sideline just hurting people! MAN! I get fired up just thinking about it!

2. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Where do you hear he's large from? He's only about 5'11" 210. That'd be pretty hard to turn him into 6'4" 260. If he can run a 4.5, he should stay at SS, just needs to work on his coverage skills.

3. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

He's listed at 6' or so I saw.

He may be 210 now, but with the amount of gear nfl players are on, they can add 10 or 20 pounds of muscle like it aint nothin.

4. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

depends on the plaeyr and body type, but I think because he's not a tweener player, he should stay at SS because trying to add all that weight and learn a new position would be pointless. He'd still be undersized playing OLB as well. If he was a tweener like THomas Davis was coming out, Id be for it, I just think it'd take way too much and would still leave him out of position.

5. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

6. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Tom Zbikowski, SS, Notre Dame 5-11 214. projected 2nd-3rd. round :)

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

he's one of those guys where it's hard for me to think he won't succeed in the NFL. he just has great instincts and is a true football player.

8. texaslifter

texaslifter Veteran

I agree. Hes just got a nose for the ball, and I'd like to put him in a position to make plays - for our team.

9. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I found the solution at safety ... John Wendling / Wyoming .

6'1 and 222 lbs with a 4.4 40 yd dash .... 2nd team academic all american

10. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

People got mad at me for even thinking about this guy. I think for where you can get him at Safety, he would be a nice grab.

11. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Yea he can lay the wood for sure.

But C.C. Brown is an upgrade over this guy in coverage.

He has speed but not enough to make up for the mistakes he makes in man-to-man coverage.

12. Ride 'Em

Ride 'Em Rookie

If he's fast enough to return punts for ND then he's fast enough to play safety. I don't think he's a LB.

13. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

Well he's certainly on everyones radar. I 'm just saying...rathers, I'd rather have a big corner who has the chance to transition to free saftey. Worst case scanario you get an upgrade with speed to challenge CC. Best case scenario...you get someone who puts Petie back at nickle. Zbikowski, are you honestly saying he has the tallent to play Free saftey on the next level ? Are you saying there are no 220 pound Will LBs you don't like beter them him ? Just from what I've seen, and I gotta watch them everyweek because my wife is a big Domer fan, you're getting John Lynch light with the guy. My book says ho hum. But of course I've been wroing befor.

14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

But he is a football player. He is good just not fancy.