Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Todd Pinkston Available

Do you guys think we should pick up Todd Pinkston and at least give him a look for our number 3 job? Or do you think he would even consider coming to town?

I figured thats what the answer would be. I was just thinking that he is an experienced guy who started for the Eagles one year and might be worth at least taking a look at him. Plus I think he might have some return experience .

How about Reggie McNeal then? I have heard he is probably going to get cut and he is a local guy too. He could be a stud returner and had a nice TD catch in that last preseason game.

Perfect practice partner for Buchanon except that the both might die of fright if he caught the ball.

kingh99 said:
Perfect practice partner for Buchanon except that the both might die of fright if he caught the ball.

Ok that made me laugh :D.. id give you some rep but an angry moderator went all "evil dictator" on me and removed my rep privilages cause i disagreed with him.

Let me say though that Buchanan has done great this offseason..and has shown that he has the cajones to play physical. (just throwing this out there on the off chance that PBuch sees this thread :D)

You definitely dont want him.

He isnt half bad as a deep threat, you just have to keep his routes outside of the hash marks.

If you can use a player that does nothing but out routes, and fades, he is perfect...but dont ever expect a slant from him :P

Isn't this the guy who ruptured his Achilles tendon last year and was out all last year.........and still limping through preseason????

tburdette said:
Do you guys think we should pick up Todd Pinkston and at least give him a look for our number 3 job? Or do you think he would even consider coming to town?

not unless he is 100% healthy, which to my understanding he is not, In fact there seems to be a bit of contreversy as to when he will be able to play, I heard that was why Eagles traded for Stallworth..Pinkston may not be ready for 2006 season.

If he's like the 2002 Todd Pinkston, then why not. But I doubt he's at that level if the Eagles released him. Heck, for the last few years, Jabar Gaffney has more receptions than him.

tburdette said:

Hmm. So the Texans get rid of Gaffney, who is still in Philly and obviously beat out Pinkston, and now you want to consider bringing in a guy who Gaffney beat out? Makes perfect sense to me!!

Back