Todd McShay's AFC South Draft Rankings

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by GuerillaBlack, Apr 29, 2008.

1. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

2. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Wow. I agree with him completely if he was correct. The problem is he isn't right so I don't agree with his reasoning. LOL.

I pray Brown develops as a great LT, I understand the 'experts' saying that it's a reach and that its a risky pick. I would agree with McShay if we had moved back up into the 1st round to draft him (as in giving up other picks to select him). However, it's a whole different ball game moving down to select him AND getting 2 other selections.

I think he's just having to do all the teams closely together and got confused. I'm sure right after he recorded/said this and realized he was wrong he felt like an ***** but probably realized 85% of the people watching him wouldn't care or even realize.

3. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I wonder how many screwups you get in that business ?

4. Ole Miss Texan

I'd love to see Kiper blast him over this. I really thought they were going to get in a fist fight over the weekend. :scarygirl:

5. Pantherstang84

Pantherstang84 @rolisrgti06

Is he really that retarded or does he have to work at it?

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  6. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We gave up a lot to move UP in the draft to get Brown, huh? Wow. It just goes to show these types on analysts don't know a damn thing about what they speak, they are reading something someone handed to them.

For Gods sake, did guy even watch the draft?

7. TexansFanatic

TexansFanatic Extremist

Hard to believe this guy gets paid to do this. I mean, he's so freaking lucky to get to do what he does for a living and then he's clearly not even passionate about it. How do I know he's not passionate about it? BECAUSE NOBODY COULD EVER BE SO FREAKING WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING THEY REALLY CARE ABOUT!!!

Sorry, sometimes I get upset about the wrong I see in everyday life...

8. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Just consider him (and his ilk) the weathermen of the NFL. Paid to make predictions, regularly proven wrong, and nobody cares.

The only folks who are actually worth paying attention to (other than getting your offseason fix leading up to the draft) are the GM's Scouts and coaches. It may take a year or three, but if they make mistakes, they're looking for a new job.

9. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

What he probably meant was that we gave up selecting a lot of good players in order to 'move' Brown 'up' the board or something like that. Obviously Kiper liked Brown more than McShay and McShay was basically stating that Brown was a reach. Kiper had him as a 2nd Rounder so its not entirely out of the question to move a player up a round if its an area of critical need. I may disagree with them but they felt an OL in the 1st Round was an area of critical need that superceded all other needs. They are the ones making the decisions so hopefully they are right on this one because at face value its not the best move.

stingray likes this.
  10. Smash_Mouth_Mario

Smash_Mouth_Mario Veteran

Yeah, he's thinks that "gave up" = not getting *any* extra picks. Bottom line -- We wanted an LT (pun not intended) for pass protection and for our RB scheme. Plus a CB/RB.

Matt Schaub is no sack magnet like Carr. But we definitely want to give him more time to pass. Especially inside the 20.

Matt Schaub = 11G, sacked 16 times in 2007 for 126 yards lost.
    Jon Kitna = 16G, sacked 51 times in 2007 for 320 yards lost (2007 leader).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    David Carr = 16G, sacked 49 times in 2004 for 301 yards lost.
    David Carr = 16G, sacked 68 times in 2005 for 424 yards lost.
    David Carr = 16G, sacked 41 times in 2006 for 240 yards lost.

11. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

The problem that McShay has is that he doesn't no which way is up. No wonder he is confused.

12. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

McShay: "The Titans didn't draft a wide receiver until the 4th round."

OK, so he would be OK with the Titans drafting Lavelle Hawkins in the 2nd round? Then, they wouldn't have waited until the 4th. Hawkins had a better season as a receiver than his teammate, DeSean Jackson, who was selected in the 2nd. Had the Titans taken Jackson in the 1st round, McShay would have been happy.

Todd McShay is a wiener. The absolute worst of the internet scouts.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  13. Tailgate

Tailgate Fall of Hame

14. Ole Miss Texan

Well here's how I see it going down... we're picking 12 because we traded Sage to a desperate team whose starting QB got injured at the beginning of the season. We received their '09 3rd round pick and swapped 1st rd picks if they were to pick before us. With that said, Malcolm Jenkins would be a bad pick we don't need (I really like the guy) because Dunta comes back 100% and is a great #2 CB for us, Bennett continues to improve and becomes our #1 CB. Reeves proves to be an excellent 3rd CB on the team and Molden just misses out on being named DROY (Xavier Adibi wins it at WLB), Molden becomes our Free Safety with Harrisson/Barber backing him up, Demps is our starting SS with Brown/Earl backing him up. At LB we have SLB Diles (named sophmore mvp of the team), MLB Demeco, and rookie DROY WLB Adibi.

That's why we select Greg Hardy in the 1st round to get our Pass Rushing DE that finishes off our Defense. Okam, over the course of the season proves he's the starting DT next to Amobi.

Mario--Amobi--Okam--Hardy
    ...Diles----Demeco----Adibi...
    Bennett-----------------Dunta...
    ......Demps.........Molden.....

On offense we have:
    LT: Brown
    LG: Pitts
    C: Myers
    RG: Spencer
    RT: Winston
    QB: Schaub
    WR: Johnson
    WR: Davis
    WR: Jones
    TE: Daniels
    RB: Stud Rookie RB in the 2nd rd + Steve Slaton change of pace back

15. JCTexan

JCTexan Hall of Fame

As much as I want to like what you're saying... I just don't believe they're moving Molden to saftey. If we wanted a saftey in the third we would have drafted one. Molden and Bennett I believe are our future at CB, which means Dunta is either going to move to saftey or he's gone as soon as his contract is up. :twocents:

16. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

people calm down, this is the same dumbass that would take chris long over mario because his forty time was better, call him the village ***** that gets out for the draft

17. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Kiper must have been controlling the tellaprompter.

18. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

If thats the case I think we pretty much got the superbowl wrapped up.

19. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Since I'm not very opinionated or outspoken I just left it alone.

Since that is a complete lie I called their support line and told them he is just one example of why I will NEVER subscribe to ESPN. Maybe he'll get fired. Hell I can do his job. Imagine your only job is to scout talent and then report on it. Then once a year you get PAID to be at the draft. And when you can't talk about what happened.... WOW.

Mike

20. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

I can't provide a link, but I saw somewhere that we may turn Okam into a G. "Athletic DT's make very good and cheap G's" I'll look to see where I saw it when I get to work tomorrow.

Mike