Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

To the Worst Team in Football

SDBoltz said:
Ya We Gotta Get 8 More Wins Before I Get Excited I Remember 2002 All Too Well
You gonna remember 2004 all to well also ,,,,when yalls team i setting at home come January and ours aint. Yall did beat us so i'll give yall credit but thats all i can say for yall....if yall were really good yall would of beat us by more than 7 points considering 4 turnovers.

critter said:
I agree with you about the respect thing.

I also don't care for people who make excuses.

DD didn't drop the ball. It was puched out by the Charger defenders. That is good defense.

That is life in the NFL. You don't get respect until you win consistently.

If the Patriots forced those fumbles the Texan fans would be talking about how great the Pats are and their ability to make plays.

The Chargers do it and it's luck.

Oh well, respect will come eventually.

Ok let me ask yall something you talk about us talking smack ???? Well whos board are you on ours or yalls ,,,,see if ya wouldnt stay here than there wouldnt be no smack talk but YALL came here so that could be why !!! We didnt force yall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

critter

Practice Squad
TexansTrueFan said:
Ok let me ask yall something you talk about us talking smack ???? Well whos board are you on ours or yalls ,,,,see if ya wouldnt stay here than there wouldnt be no smack talk but YALL came here so that could be why !!! We didnt force yall !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What in the world are you talking about?

I think you need to reread the previous posts.

Absolutely nowhere did I make comments about Texan fans talking smack. This is your board.

I mentioned the smack talking to another Charger fan who was talking smack to Texan fans.

Like I said, take a look again at the previous posts. :popcorn:

threetoedpete

Hall of Fame
Frist I like the chargers and Yes we did a geat job on LT. He is that good. Gates is a very good raw tallent, but it won't be too long befor that weapon is taken away from the chargers durring the season.
The main two weapons on the Chargers is LT and Gates. We did very well against one and pitiful against Gates. Gate's preformance falls squarly at the feet of the D coordinator. They did just like the fans on this board. They took him for granted. For the fans it is exscusable, but for a coach there is no excuse. They didn't game play for him and he beat them. I have no idea who the Lion's have at TE. But I will find out befor next week for my FF teams. If our D can make a street FA look like Gonzo, I want the Detroit TE on my teams.

I can forgive Robinson for the pass interfeence call. He played it perfectly. We drew an over officious jerk who made a mistake on the call. We might get an appology from the league next week. I know they want tight calls, but that was perfect coverage. However, the touchdown he gave up is inexcuseable. Cladwell isn't even a decent functioning #2 and is most likely one draft away from being on the street. To let Cladwell press him on the only route he can run, a fly pattern, loose his balance like a downtown wino, was just about the worst CB play I've seen on any level at any time. It was embarrassing even for a rookie. I'm sure Coach Lou hung his head in shame when he saw the replay. If he thinks Cladwell was something, wait untill next week. Roy will be watching and lickin' his chops.
All the Mooch knows to do is go down the feild.

I think all of the Texan's fans are wrong. The balance of the game came down to this simple fact. Schoottenheimer took a few shots down feild and Capers would not. The Texan's folded up the play book in the second quarter and tried to eek out another close one with the running game. And DD spit the bit. There is a reason DD was available in the fourth round. We should have beaten this team, no disrespect to the bolts fans, by two touchdowns.
As much as I like Jammer-Davis as a players, their is no one on the chargers roster who can cover AJ one on one. There is also no one on Detroit's roster who can cover him one on one either. But I have no doubt, that next week we'll be right back here scratchin' our heads.

Honor is due. They Chargers played a perfect game and took advatage of the opportunities
our players and coaches gave them. Good game & good Luck the rest of the season Blotz fans.

HardCoreTxn

Waterboy
I have always liked the Chargers until they hired Marty, he was a loser in Clevland, K.C., and now he'll take the bolts nowhere..did anyone see him kick our player when Dom made the 1st fumble..what a loser!

SHOCKU

Practice Squad
Scooter said:
boltz, for being considered one of the best football players in the nfl, being held to 4.6 ypc is average. especially considering davis had 157 yards of total offense compared to LT's 117.
How many more times did DD tuch the ball??? I'm being serious! I didn't look.What was DD's average?? then compare.Actually there is no comparison cause L.T. will always be better.

SHOCKU

Practice Squad
HardCoreTxn said:
I have always liked the Chargers until they hired Marty, he was a loser in Clevland, K.C., and now he'll take the bolts nowhere..did anyone see him kick our player when Dom made the 1st fumble..what a loser!
I saw him standing on the field like an ***** but didn't see him kick anyone.

SHOCKU

Practice Squad
TexansTrueFan said:
You gonna remember 2004 all to well also ,,,,when yalls team i setting at home come January and ours aint. Yall did beat us so i'll give yall credit but thats all i can say for yall....if yall were really good yall would of beat us by more than 7 points considering 4 turnovers.
If it wasn't for that rediculas P.I. against jammer,which was a joke by the way! didn't even touch him.You guy's wouldn't even have scored that T.D. so the refs in reality gave you 7 more than you should have.

SHOCKU

Practice Squad
El Tejano said:
Did the Chargers really cause the DD fumbles? Did they really make the play necessary to cause the fumbles? I mean, the one where DD fumbled after the catch and juked like 3 dudes, he was holding on with both hands and it looked to me as if the ball just fell out of his hands. I mean I give credit to the Chargers, they took advantage of the opportunities given to them and we didn't. There is no excuse for us to go all the way down to the two yard line on our second possession, take more than 5:30 minutes on that drive only to come away with a FG because we threw it to a guy that has not played since two seasons ago (Jarrod Baxter).

The second INT was some pretty damn good luck. I mentioned to many people early this week that Brees is not a bad QB at all. I have seen him play since he was in High School and the dude just knows how to win. Two years ago, this guy was on pace to lead this team into the playoffs before a complete collapse in the second half. (Yes, complete collapse Charger fans) you should know all to well to get too too happy over this game because next week I am sure you will not be as successful.

My point is. We made mistakes that can be corrected on offense. Our defense just needs to get a grip.
El Tejano, get yourself a tivo and keep replaying the game then ask those questions again,YES!! the chargers did cause those turnovers which you think is luck or not I saw them rip the ball from the hands of the opponant and Edwards flying into the qb which hit him and caused another Int.and the colapse your talking about was from all our recievers and O-line going down, not Breez.Like a true leader he took the blame.

S

shogun

chargers won, but you texan fans are talking down to us like you beat us. "we beat ourselves"..sorry excuse for losing. just look at the scoreboard.

SA Charger Fan

Practice Squad
Scooter said:
how did we just lose to the worst team in football? chad stanley sees the field only once, we hold LT to a below average game, and our offense finds 350 yards. yet we still lose. i'm aggrivated as any fan would/should be. we've been waiting for 8 months and we're greeted with 4 turnovers, 1 sack, no deep threats, and the only excitement seen on defense came from a rookie.

moses of course was great and put us in great position a few times and jabar gaffney came up big especially on 3rd down situations. robinson got screwed on a couple penalties, but that's to be expected sometimes. ugh, what a way to start the season :thumbdown .

the reason why you lost is because of attitudes like yours..."THE WORST TEAM" im sorry my friend but you guys arent that great. davida carr needs to cut his hair and worry about winning ONE game instead of worring about some stupid "not cutting my hair untill we win 2" . you guys are going to lose next week as well cause Detroit is better than you. [/rant]

dangrock

Practice Squad
Scooter said:
boltz, for being considered one of the best football players in the nfl, being held to 4.6 ypc is average. especially considering davis had 157 yards of total offense compared to LT's 117.

LT had some 50 yard games last year too. but he still broke the rushing/recieving record. He has one of the worst lines in the NFL if not THE WORST and he still breaks records. you cant try to tell me LT isnt the best back in the NFL. even the press agrees now.

SBTexans08

Rookie
Congrats to the bolts. The Texans got the short end of the stick. We'll bounce back next week....unfortunately for Lions. :headbang:

Shamrock

Practice Squad
Scooter said:
how did we just lose to the worst team in football?
As a Chargers fan, I'm biased, but here's my take on the above statement.

The Chargers protected the ball, and the Texans didn't. The Chargers made good defensive adjustments to increase pressure on Carr in the late third quarter, and the Texans didn't make similar adjustments. That is what it came down to .....

I was at the game, and I truly love y'alls stadium. It is a football palace.

Now, for the rest of the year, I will root for my second favorite team (Texans). I hope your season is successful.

Go Chargers !!!

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
dangrock said:
LT had some 50 yard games last year too. but he still broke the rushing/recieving record. He has one of the worst lines in the NFL if not THE WORST and he still breaks records. you cant try to tell me LT isnt the best back in the NFL. even the press agrees now.
That Charger O-line was better than advertised. Credit legendary O-line coach Hudson Houck for getting these guys ready to play. I wish the Texans had challenged the rookies on the line with the blitz, but there's no use crying now. I'm ready to move on to the Lions.

As far as the Chargers & the rest of the season is concerned, you have to like their chances. They've found another weapon in Gates to go along with Tomlinson. They play opportunistic football. And they have a very good coaching staff. I really like how the Charger's OC Cam Cameron set up the game plan. He found the Texans' weak spots in coverage and exploited them. His use of motion gave Brees some good clues in determining what coverage the Texans were in. The Chargers had the whole preseason to get ready for the Texans, and it showed.

dangrock said:
well. i guess that makes the Texans the "Worst Team in Football."
Yeah i guess your right ,,,,just like the patriots last year after they lost to buffalo 31-0 ,,,,,hmmm but i think the pats were better than the sorry bills in the end dont you ??? One game and we're sorry well we'll see after 15 more ok. so come back at that time.

boltalicious

Practice Squad
Leave the Texan Fans alone. It's not their fault they bought into the stupid "Chargers are the worst team in football, we'll hand them their arse" attitude. The stupid media has been pumping this out since the end of last year....

The talent has always been there....it was just young talent, and in need of an aggressive DC to take advantage of their athleticism and speed. We still have alot to work on....but we're miles ahead of where we ended last year.

Good game Texans...Dunta will improve, Babin looked very impressive out there. I think he was spying LT for the majority of the game....he did very good.

CHARGERSHA!

Practice Squad
Because You Guys Where Rubing It In All Last Week In Our Board Before The Game Even Started So Know We Come To Your Board And Know The The Charger Team Of No Namers Has Changed A Little Beacuse You Guys Will Know Gates And Parker And Mr Brees

OzzO

.. and then?
As with all teams (including ours) there are those fans who talk out their nether region and spout out stuff without knowledge to back it up.

Then there are the class acts.

Kudos to the Chargers for playing less of an error free game than the TEXANS did. Our team and fans will learn from this and move onto the next one.

From this game, I got what I wanted (except for the win) a close opener without any injuries.... plus a pretty good showing overall (except for the lost turnovers).

CHARGERSHA!

Practice Squad
Hey Man I Have Been Reading Your Post And Even Though Your So Country That You Even Type Yall I Love It You Have To Give Us Credit And The " You Guys Still Suck " Comments Are Not Going To Hold Water We Have Players And This Is The Nfl Any Team Can Beat Any Team Any Given Sunday Give Us Our Props

Vinny

shiny happy fan
THEPIZZ1 said:
I just want the Texans fans that came over to the Chargers board talking smack to eat their crow.
We have more than one message board in town. How do you know it was guys from here?

boltalicious

Practice Squad
A4toZ said:
As

From this game, I got what I wanted (except for the win) a close opener without any injuries.... plus a pretty good showing overall (except for the lost turnovers).
Here here to the no injuries....Both our teams were very injury-stricken last year....We lost 4 out our 5 starters on the O-line last year by the 5th game to one injury or another...plus some backup O-linemen....

It's certainly nice to have a little continuity.
Beat the rest of the AFC West clowns when you guys meet up with them for us...

CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU

Practice Squad
u forgot about gates....and the funny thing is...every charger fan, myself included, said on these boards not to forget about gates....we told ya.

good game

CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU

Practice Squad
i dont need the texans to come over to the chargers board...you actually played well turnovers aside.

good luck this year and dont forget the power bill comes every month

texasguy346

Mod Squad
CHARGERSWILLWHOOPU said:
u forgot about gates....and the funny thing is...every charger fan, myself included, said on these boards not to forget about gates....we told ya.

good game
Well as much as many of us would want to be in on the gameplanning for a game, we are not among the coaching staff. We're simply fans like you supporting team, and giving our thoughts and opinions on the games/players/trades/etc. I don't think the coaches did a disservice by gameplanning for Tomlinson, but they didn't seem to adjust properly in the second half to Gates. As you would do with any reciever that was eating up your defense. Congrats to the Chargers, and good luck against the Jets. They look very tough this season, and Pennington seems to have picked up where he left off before the broken wrist.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
I guess I'm gonna have to find a Chargers website and hassle them for a week after they get stomped by the jets, lol. :popcorn:

dangrock

Practice Squad
Lucky said:
That Charger O-line was better than advertised. Credit legendary O-line coach Hudson Houck for getting these guys ready to play. I wish the Texans had challenged the rookies on the line with the blitz, but there's no use crying now. I'm ready to move on to the Lions.

As far as the Chargers & the rest of the season is concerned, you have to like their chances. They've found another weapon in Gates to go along with Tomlinson. They play opportunistic football. And they have a very good coaching staff. I really like how the Charger's OC Cam Cameron set up the game plan. He found the Texans' weak spots in coverage and exploited them. His use of motion gave Brees some good clues in determining what coverage the Texans were in. The Chargers had the whole preseason to get ready for the Texans, and it showed.
Thank you. but really now. dont give us too much credit. we started 6-0 2 years ago and then tanked dont forget.
good luck with the season! take care.

C

ChargersfaninKansas

:thumbup
Good game guys. It was tight all the way through. I predicted a 30-20 game Chargers winning, so I was pretty close. I like Davis, he'll be a top 5 back if he can hold on to the rock, that really hurt you guys. It was the first game of the season, and I'm sure Carr will settle down, he's a good kid. You guys have a spark plug in Jason Babin, but I hope he learns some respect (the late hit). And Dunta is just gonna have his rookie moments. I think Capers bought into the LT is all they got syndrome, and didn't quite gameplan for the other options we have (as slight as they are). For your third season I think you have a lot of talent on the team, and I wish you good luck!

P.S. Your cheerleader JEN is DA BOMB.

Wolf

100% Texan
thanks, good luck next week!

I think you were right about LT. I don't think we thought Brees would do well. Funny thing is that I was suprised that everyone jumped off the Brees bandwagon last year. I thought Boston was a major distraction and didn't help yall any. Anyway, Good luck again!

SDBoltz

Waterboy
Reddevil63 said:
Wouldnt have said this a couple of hours before, but the Chargers are going to suprise a couple of people this year. And to answer your question, they'd lose to a college team with 4 turnovers. Carr's decision making has GOT to improve soon.
this guy is smart

SDBoltz

Waterboy
SDBoltz said:
BECAUSE YOU GUYS DONT WANT TO REALIZE THE FACTS THAT I SAID ALLL WEEK.

1. ANTONIO GATES IS THE BEST TE IN FOOTBALL.

2. LT IS THE BEST RB IN FOOTBALL AND WILL GASH YOU CERTAINLY.

3. OUR DEFENSE HAS BEEN CREATING TURNOVERS ALL PRE SEASON AND REALLY YOU SHOULD HAVE HAD 5 TURNOVERS AND 3 LESS POINTS.

4. BREES HAS LOOKED GREAT ALL PRE SEASON AND MADE THE THROWS HE NEEDED TO MAKE.

5. STEVE FOLEY WAS GOING TO BE AMPED UP TO PLAY YOU GUYS AND HE MADE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME.

6. WE JUST BEAT THE WORST TEAM IN FOOTBALL. WELL SECOND NINERS ARE PRETTY BAD. WE ARE THE SURPRISE TEAM THIS YEAR. WE DO HAVE WEAPONS. IF YOU PLAY US THINKING ALL WE HAVE IS L.T. THEN YOU WILL LOSE. PARKER GATES AND LT ALL MADE PLAYS AND I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD

7. WE WON THE GAME NEENER NEENER NEENER WE BEAT YOU GO BOLTS :headbang:

this guy is really smart