To renew or not

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_bull, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Texans_bull

Texans_bull Veteran

The question is to renew or not to renew...

I love my Houston Texans but damn after this season i just cant see myself spending another 4500 bucks for this.

Need help making the decision

thanks

2. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am renewing

3. Old School

Old School Site Contributor

Don't renew. I want the market flooded so that it will drive the price down and I can get them cheaper!!:)

Seriously though, I can see having a hard time for shelling out that kind of dough for the product on the field. I haven't has season tickets so each game I go to is awesome to me. Even in a loss. If I had to experience this 8 times a year for X amount of years, I would probably doubt my sanity too.

4. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Dont do it unless serious changes are made. $4500 is a lot of money to spend on a team perpetually stuck in neutral, content with mediocrity. Actually, this team is not even mediocre. 5-9 is bad, and the ownership seems content with nearly twice as many losses as wins.

5. Koolaid Time

Koolaid Time Drink Up!

I write two seats off as a business expense, that's the only reason I'm renewing.

6. Blake

Blake MMQB

PSL and season ticket holders are ALMOST forced to unless you want to lose your seats and start all over again. Its a tough spot. I am going to renew, but I split my tickets with my family so Its really not that much of a burden.

But if It was just me and my wife paying, I would have to see what changes are made first before I give them my money.

7. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It's your money and I don't have nearly that much invested in the team. I buy some tickets now and then, own a bunch of gear, and watch the games on television the rest of the time. I'm not in any position to tell you how to spend your money. Do what you think is best and don't kick yourself over it later.

8. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

If you don't, rest assured someone will be sitting in your seats next year. I get personally not wanting to invest in this team, and that's a choice you have to make individually, but I think it's silly for people to come on these boards saying "that's it, I'm not buying another ticket" like it's going to do something.

I will likely be renewing, and probably will until they price me out. It doesn't mean I'm a blind follower and there isn't a message being sent to McNair one way or the other. It's simply how I choose to spend MY entertainment dollar. Granted, not a lot of entertainment in 9 years, but still.

9. gary

gary Hall of Fame

Don't do it just stick it to Bob that you are serious about change. Just pay billls or buy electronics with your hard earned money instead.

10. Rey

Rey Guest

It's up to you...

You don't have to make a decision right now, so I would wait and see how I felt about it a bit later...

But I do think there will be a lot of folks who do not re-new, and I do not believe that there will be all these people rushing to fill those empty seats...

11. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

We will be looking to upgrade.

12. gary

gary Hall of Fame

In the end it is up to you and only you.

13. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

This is not true. The Texans are struggling to sell seats. I wish people would stop saying this.

14. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Unless serious changes are made, I wouldn't renew.

15. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Do you go back to a restaurant that serves you a dog turd instead of the steak that you ordered? This is the equivalent of it.

Fortunately for Bob McNair, he implemented the scam known as PSL's, which keeps customers lining up to buy mediocrity year after year and selling it as "loyalty". Along with a tax-payer financed stadium, such a deal! (Too bad the city can't extend the same benefits to real employers like manufacturing companies. But those aren't FUN, they just provide lots of real jobs to citizens.)

It's your money, do what you want. I can't/won't judge you for it.

16. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Lol. I have struggled to upgrade with the Texans the past two years so whatever you say, brah.

17. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I wish people would stop saying this. How exactly are they struggling to sell seats? They sell 70,000+ per game and have for 9 years. That doesn't sound like a struggle to me.

18. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

You have some support for your assertion?

19. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

If you've been a season ticket holder since day 1, you've spent roughly around $40,000 dollars to watch losing football. I can think of plenty of things I'd rather spend that money on right now.

20. Speedy

Speedy Yeller Dweller

I disagree with that analogy. You've gone to plenty of movies that have sucked donkey dongs. That doesn't keep you from going to the movies.

imatexan likes this.