Tits only claim 15 seasons. Can we have Oilers back

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by pissknocker, Apr 24, 2013.

1. pissknocker

pissknocker Veteran

2. revan

revan Veteran

There is nothing that pains me more than seeing the Oilers banners of players and accomplishments in Tennessee. I hope we could get it back, then we could proudly wear the throwback uniforms.

3. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Claim the Oilers when it's convenient. Geez I hate that team.

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

I won't go so far as to say hate, but I really don't want the Oilers. I am happy enough that the Texans honor the Houston players from the past that show any sort of loyalty to the city. Bud Adams can take his cursed cancer of a football team and shove it.

And thank God we don't have Columbia Blue anymore. I never did like that color growing up.

5. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

The Adams family will never allow the Oilers logo to be used by the Texans.

And thankfully, Bob McNair does not want anything from that franchise to taint his team.

It's time for old Oilers fans to accept that the 'Houston Oilers' is now nothing more than a footnote in NFL history and fading memories for some football fans in Houston.

6. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

The Oilers were a great part of our past, but the past is the past. We should tip our hats to George Blanda, Billy "Whiteshoes" Johnson, Mike Muchaik, Bruce Matthews, Elvin Bethea, Carl Mach, Ray Childress, Earl Campbell, Mr. Warren Moon, and the rest of the notables who played for our team in the day we have to come to terms with the fact that our past is behind us and at present and for the foreseeable future we are HOUSTON TEXANS!

7. revan

revan Veteran

Would you be saying the same thing if superbowls would have been won?

8. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

:thinking: And YOU are...? Just kidding you're new and I enjoy harrassing new people. I have to be honest with you, I have NO idea. I won't take the high ground and say "Of course not...blah blah blah" But honestly I don't know HOW I would feel if our Oilers had been our "Superbowl Champion" Oilers so won't lie to you.

9. revan

revan Veteran

Hehehe gotta take the rookie hazing.

10. Double Barrel

The Houston Oilers would still exist if they had won a Super Bowl...or even won an AFC championship game....even once...

But the reality is that Bud Adams + 35-3 = :BananaWav see ya'!

Wolf likes this.
  11. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

We fully realize this, but it doesn't mean it doesn't piss us off still. Frankly, I'm glad Putrid Adams is gone. I didn't watch football anymore when the Oilers left town, and strangely enough, I found things to do on Sundays during football season until the Texans took up the slack again. Even if you truly love something, but there is something about that love that you honestly just frigging hate, it's not that hard to let it go.

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I wear my Oiler gear on the bye week every season. Fridays I wear my Texans jersey to work during football season and there's always that one week when we aren't playing to account for. I call it "Earl Campbell Day" and wear my Oiler's #34 to work instead. It's my version of "....and one for my homies" I guess.

I don't want "Oiler's" back anymore. Time finally convinced me that they can't give me back something I already have. They have words on a page, we have history and memories. They can read about it, we lived it. I think we got the better end of that deal.

That's what the bye week is about for me. Texans are off, time to pay my respects to the Oilers. Now that I think about it I need to get me a Jim Kelly Gambler's jersey and make it a more inclusive "Houston Football History" day.

Vinny likes this.
  13. Double Barrel

I completely understand it and do not disagree.

My main point was regarding the suggestion that the Texans would ever wear Oiler gear. Never going to happen, and quite frankly, I'm glad it's never going to happen.

Yep, I cherish my Oilers memories and would never disrespect them. We all have some great memories of those days...and some not so great...but it's coming on 20 years since they abandoned the city of Houston and us fans. So honor the players and memories, but piss on the franchise and owner.

I never mind seeing fans wearing old Oilers gear, but I hope I never see Texans players wearing it on the field of play.

Now the Gamblers are a different story. Never going to happen, but I'd love it if the Texans honored this Houston team. But I'm sure the NFL dictator would never allow that to happen.

14. Dread-Head

Dread-Head Hall of Fame

I hated that dark time because it seemed as if EVERY media outlet in town was trying to shove the damn COWBOYS down my throat. I hated them BEFORE, but when the media tried to FORCE FEED them to me they made me UTTERLY despise them to the point where it made me sick to my stomach. I finally started watching Cowboy games to root for WHOEVER they were playing...and still do. :texanbill: Baby I haven't missed a Cowboy game in YEARS! :dread: "Goooooo....other guys!"

Bwa ha ha ha ha haaaa!

SheTexan likes this.
  15. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Again, I have to reiterate my desire that Tits not be used to demean the Titans.

This *******:

[​IMG]

does not equal, never will equal:

[​IMG]

Heath Shuler and Wolf like this.
  16. G27RR

G27RR WATTch Out!

17. Heath Shuler

Heath Shuler worst 2 1st

exactly.

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Render unto the Titans what is the Titans', the Texans what is the Texans', and the Oilers what is the Oilers.

19. houstonspartan

houstonspartan Hall of Fame

Amen, bro.

A co-worker is a massive Titans fan. When we first started talking about sports, I asked him what his team was. He said, "The hometown team. The TITANS."

I said, "Oh, you're from Nashville, huh. I was there once. Cool town."

He said, "No, man. I'm from Houston."

It took me a minute to digest what he said, but, I eventually said, "The Titans are not Houston's team, though."

He then went on and on about the Oilers, and I then told him that the Oilers no longer exist. He looked at me like I had three heads.

In the four years I've worked with him, I've tried to explain to him that the Oilers are no longer around, and that the Titans are based in Nashville, but, he doesn't seem to "get it."

Houston-based Titans fans are sad. They blame the residents of Houston for the Oilers' departure, and still think the Oilers will eventually return from the dead. Newsflash: they aren't.