Titans Summary (From their own board)

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Brandon420tx, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Brandon420tx

Brandon420tx Flounder

http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18316

Title of the thread
    The good, the bad and the ugly

Thoughts?

2. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

3. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

It all has a very familiar ring to it.

4. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Old Oilers fans who didn't jump on the darkside tackwagon when it left need to go over there - not to stir the pot - just to read. There's some really funny stuff on their board right now. Second guessing everything from Bud to Vince - Bud promoting his lawyer to head of football ops. It's very satisfying reading for some reason.

Hervoyel likes this.
  5. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

Bud had his playoff runs in Tennessee. That team always has it's cycles. It has it LOW periods that typically last a long time followed by a few years of playoff runs that always end in disappointment. Those fans just happened to inherit the team when they were getting ready to go into the short playoff run part of the cycle. I think most of them thought it would always be that way despite our telling them differently.

It's also funny how some of them are already turning on VY followed by the UT fans defending him over there.

6. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

:cowboy1: I think hiring a lawyer as your COO is a better move than hiring an accountant to be your GM ( name this clown real Oiler fans ) .

7. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

My favorite thread over there is this one

Con"Vince"me

One of the funniest things that I'm reading over there are from the "newbies" that flooded this board after the rosebowl. The same ones that told us that Vince would make the Texans so much more successful ,because "Vince doesn't need a great offensive line or great players to be successful" and that Carr was to blame for the line woes and we shouldn't use the line or talent around him as a excuse, because if Carr was a real "leader and great player" he would be able to "lead" his team without a great line and talent, are now telling Titan fans that Vince can't make plays like Cutler, because he plays behind a sorry oline.

They say

Everything he said was true to some extent, but he also fails to realize that in college Cutler made great plays and did more with less than any other QB in college. I said before the draft he was the best prospect and I still think he is. Cutler will become the next great QB that slipped through the draft, like Rothlisberger and Marino. Shanahan is going to turn him into a great player............and the best part is......the Titans didn't get him :cool: Thank god that idiot owner of theirs didn't listen to his coach

8. Titan "Tack" Fan

Titan "Tack" Fan Hall of Fame

We blow. I've been to over 65 Titans games and last night's was the most boring pathetic game I've seen in person. Worst playcalling I've seen in a long time. Our coordinators are lame and our veterans are playing like rookies. Our stadium did in fact sound like a library.

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Which Mannng slipped through the Draft?? Archie?? or did you mean Brady??

I'll agree that Cutler should have been picked ahead of Lienart, but never Vince. And his stock actually improved as we got closer to the draft... He was a late first round at best in January, and he almost made the top ten...... that's pretty good if you ask me.... coming from a decent program in a down year..

Lienart slipped....... Jay climbed......

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I also find it interesting that All the "Vince didn't win the NC by himself....... it was a team...... a team....." guys are discounting the team in Tennessee's showing.

I'm personally not upset, or distraught from what I see from Vince so far.... he's doing the things we thought he would, & learning the hard way, that they hit harder in the NFL, and that dudes are faster, quicker, and smarter. He'll be fine though. Soon as they stop wasting their time with Voleck, and start working on the Vince Young show........ they'll be fine.

11. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Crap...I meant marino. I'll fix it....for some reason everytime I think about Marino, Peyton pops into my head....go figure

Cutler should of been picked ahead of Vince, especially if you think he should of been picked ahead of Lienart, who was also a safer more proven QB.

Nobody climbed in the draft like Vince Young. Before the rosebowl game he wasn't even a prospect that was going into the draft and without that game he most likely would of been a 3rd round pick.

Young was a great college QB, but Cutler's and Lienart's skills translate better to the pro game.

12. K.D.

K.D. Veteran

13. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Do we need to start this again?? Vince wasn't a prospect, because it was all but gauranteed that he would play his senior year, like every UT junior who's ever played for MacBrown...... including PriestHolmes, and RickyWilliams.... it was unheard of.

How else can a Heisman Candidate...... one who finished better than Lienart not be considered a top 10 pick??

& if you go out to draft the most NFL ready guy, you get TimCouch, RyanLeaf, and AlexSmith...... You draft based on upside & talent.... you're looking for the special player in the top 10....... that's how you get Donavan McNabbs, and Michael Vicks as top 10 picks.

14. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

eric crouch ..and jason white.. heisman :hide:

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Just because Lienart and Cutler are "NFL ready" doesn't mean they don't have just as much upside as Young.

They both played in more complex offenses than Young. Cutler spent his years getting his brains beat in surrounded by scrubs, which is a testiment to his toughness, competitiveness, and potential (upside & talent)

Everyone forgets that Lienart went 29 or 40 for over 365 yards against the #1 defense in the country and won 1 1\2 titles before that game, again showing his potential (upside & talent)

For every Couch or Leaf you bring up, I can bring up players like Kordell Stewart and Akili Smith who were drafted on their high potential ceiling, but extremely low floor. Also I wouln't bring Alex Smith into the equation seeing how he ran a offense similar to the one Vince ran in college.

One of the best posts I've seen in a long time was in the Titans thread which it seems the Mods pulled off their board........hmm....

went something like this, its like playing the lottery

you have a 1 in 2 chance of winning the lienart lottery and the max prise is $800,000 dollars

you have a 1 in 2.5 chance of winning the Cutler lottery and the max prise is $900,000 dollars

you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning the Young lottery and the max prise is $1,000,000 dollars

Yes potential wise most people believe he has a higher ceiling, which isn't much higher

But the floor on Vince is a trap door that can open up and cause your franchise to fall through many years of turmoil in the basement.

I don't think the risk/reward was there with Vince, so yeah I would of went with the safer pick, which has about just as much potential as Vince, but has a higher chance of reaching their full potential

16. Yvette

Yvette Veteran

Sometimes I wish we could put them all in the same room and watch them smack the crap out of each other.

Its going to be a LONG season and I'm already started making the shooters stronger. When I come to Texas in December I intend to drink heavily.

17. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I can't even register over there. It says the administator has banned my email, but I have never tried to regiester over there before.

18. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

Woops..........

19. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

But they don't......
    but because they played in as complex a system as they might ever see... we already know where their top is...... it's easier to judge where their ceiling might be.
    no.. that doesn't show his potential........ that shows what he is capable of. Again.. we've got a really good idea of his ceiling.
    Was Cordell drafted as a QB?? Was he drafted particullarly high?? I don't remember..... still, you're proving my point.... you draft on potential.
    If you see it that way..... fine....... no biggie..... but the floor on Cutler & Lienart is just as low as Vince, meaning bust........ it could happen.. But if Vince doesn't make it as a QB....... you could always make him a Reciever.

20. tulexan

tulexan Hall of Fame

Don't forget Chris Weinke