Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Titans sign Randy Moss

I'm more excited about the effect he will have on the offense (ie Chris Johnson) and did you see that defense open up for Percy Harvin the past month? It makes my mouth water.

123rd with Brady and Favre throwing to him.

123rd

I feel like saying it again to emphasize just how little this acquisition means: 123rd

He might like Tennessee barbecue better than what they serve in MIN so maybe he won't complain as much and make a scene. :)

I'm with you, I was just excited to see that Fisher and Co. put in a claim, admitting they needed to upgrade their receiving corps after Britt's injury. Then the fact that hes actually coming to Tennessee, I'm still in shock really.
Im shocked too, most people do all they can to get out of Tennesee....(ahh weak smack against Titan fan..cant put my whole heart in it...dang)

123rd with Brady and Favre throwing to him.

123rd

I feel like saying it again to emphasize just how little this acquisition means: 123rd

123rd what?

Did you read what I said, he will open things up. Britt was beginning to make defenses notice him and then he got hurt. Moss will take over where Britt left off and add that much more. It doesn't matter what he's done thus far, you can't leave Moss single-covered. His effect on the Titans can go way beyond catching passes.

Not sure why that's hard to understand.

123rd what?

Did you read what I said, he will open things up. Britt was beginning to make defenses notice him and then he got hurt. Moss will take over where Britt left off and add that much more. It doesn't matter what he's done thus far, you can't leave Moss single-covered.

Not sure why that's hard to understand.

123rd in receiving yards. I would have thought that was obvious.

You couldn't leave Randy Moss single covered 2 years ago. He's not that guy anymore.

To make things better Randy doesn't like to run block on a run oriented team.

Kubiak can leave him in single coverage if he'd like, we'll see how that works. Does this make the Titans the Super Bowl favorite, absolutely not. Does it help the offense in a way they desperately needed it, yes.

We won't lead the league in receiving, is that what you want to hear? :lol:

I feel like I just drank 3 coffees. So stunned and stoked that the team did this. Sending a message that they think they can win now.

Kinda like when they signed Webster Slaughter, though they still managed to heartbreak the fans even after that.

:choke:

Meh. Honestly, this is the scariest consequence of the signing I can think of.

Dh9dw.jpg

A classless p.o.s. player to a classless p.o.s. organization. A marriage made in Hades.

Yeah, but, Jeff Fischer is no joke as a coach, and our pass rush is beyond sad.

We're so screwed that when I first heard the news not too long ago I literally burst out laughing.

They're going to whip our asses like we stole something.

SH*T... this sucks!!!! Sure he doesn't have many yards this season but....

He has 5 TDs on 22 receptions.
He's tied for the 8th most TD receptions in the league.

The Titans now have 3 WRs that are ranked in the Top 15 in TD receptions and they haven't played us once this season.... and they have the best RB in the league.

The Titans now have 3 WRs that are ranked in the Top 15 in TD receptions and they haven't played us once this season.... and they have the best RB in the league.

Yeah. It's not going to be good.

Maybe we can come out passing like Martz-aholics. That plan always catches opposing teams off guard and gets us an early lead!

Randy isn't going to be happy playing for a team that runs the ball a lot with the RB and has a QB that also likes to run. Moss won't stretch the field much if he plays like he doesn't give a sh!t, which he will.

I figured they would kick our butts before they picked up Moss, now I'm certain of it. Oh well, if not the Titans, it'll be the Colts winning our division anyway, so why stress. If we can't beat a bunch of 2nd stringers, we're not going anyplace anyway. JMO!!

The Titans have a bye week and then play the Redskins and Texans, Moss will be salivating against those two putrid defenses.

After that the Titans have
Jags
Colts
Texans
Chiefs
Colts

I would love to see this blow up in the Titans faces, but I just do not see it happening.

Moss was a complete non-factor for the Pats week 17 last year, and that was with Brady QB'ing. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Besides great NFL players don't get dumped twice in the same season by two different teams. I think Moss is really bothered by his contract to the point that he's "all about Randy" right now. All I'm saying is the Titans might be biting off more than they can chew.

Moss hasn't done much this year. Now he gets multiple "get well" games vs Texans and Jags.

Good deal for him anyway.

Meh ok

I can already tell tho the texans will not respect him they will just single coverge him

Its not like Moss is going to run routes in the middle of the field

because one hit from Cushing and he will be on IR

THats what u got to do with Moss Jam him ruff him up and he will be sudude

I wouldn't say Johnson is the best RB in the league stats wise right now...however, he is still the one that scares me the most.

Fisher is the one who is taking on this Moss enigma. It could work out spectacular or fizzle like it did in the frozen tundra. Personally I'm not a big fan of Childress, can't see how he relates to big media hyped athletes like Farve & Moss. Fisher is another thing, he is a players coach & longest tendered for a reason, they are able to stay competitive with less. A healthy, motivated Moss levels the playing field, VJ to Moss could be a match made in heaven, we'll see!

Moss was a complete non-factor for the Pats week 17 last year, and that was with Brady QB'ing. I'm taking a wait and see approach. Besides great NFL players don't get dumped twice in the same season by two different teams. I think Moss is really bothered by his contract to the point that he's "all about Randy" right now. All I'm saying is the Titans might be biting off more than they can chew.

But the Patriots weren't trying to win. Surely Moss wasn't giving us 30%

& they didn't have CJ2K

:kitten:

But the Patriots weren't trying to win. Surely Moss wasn't giving us 30%

& they didn't have CJ2K

:kitten:

IIRC, the Pats were still in contention for home field advantage going into that game. If they didn't care, wouldn't they have just rested some of their starters? For a quarter at least?

Fisher is the one who is taking on this Moss enigma. It could work out spectacular or fizzle like it did in the frozen tundra. Personally I'm not a big fan of Childress, can't see how he relates to big media hyped athletes like Farve & Moss. Fisher is another thing, he is a players coach & longest tendered for a reason, they are able to stay competitive with less. A healthy, motivated Moss levels the playing field, VJ to Moss could be a match made in heaven, we'll see!

It does beg the question, is it Kubiak's persona or McNair's preference that limits our pool of prospects? I believe it is Kubiak. McNair is a businessman, he understands risks, but wants someone to own those risks should there be no ROI.

I would of rather seen that on any other team long as they were not in the AFC south, this is just going to suck for us. Pollard doesn't understand deeper than the deepest...

Yeah, I know we have a lot more crap to worry about because of our abysmal performance on MNF, but say there is a light at the end of the tunnel...

is Randy Moss going to make the Titans the team to beat? Are we doomed to the wild card race and giving up any hopes at the AFC South? :thinking:

is Randy Moss going to make the Titans the team to beat? Are we doomed to the wild card race and giving up any hopes at the AFC South? :thinking:

At this point I would say no. The reason I am excited about the acquisition is it fills the hole made by Britt's injury. Moss will be able to sustain and even enhance the defense's awareness of the Titans' receivers with Britt out. The first couple of games will tell us how defenses will play the Titans offense the rest of the season. If Moss is actually used then defenses will continue to keep an eye on him and remain more open. If Moss is used mostly as a decoy then defenses will creep that extra safety back in the box.

What I'm really looking forward to is Britt coming back, which seems likely to be sooner than previously reported. Britt and Moss on the outside creates havoc for opposing defenses. Washington is a slot receiver and really never should have left that spot, he will do good things once back there. Britt/Moss opens things up for CJ, as well as the tight ends, Washington and maybe Damian Williams if he continues to show his skills. That will be fun to watch.

Back