Titans send Cops looking for Vince Young !

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by nunusguy, Sep 9, 2008.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Young left his home around 7 p.m. Monday without a phone, prompting the Titans to call Nashville police for help. The team got a message to Young through a friend, and the quarterback met with coach Jeff Fisher and police at team headquarters around 11:30 p.m. Police spokesman Don Aaron said Young drove himself home about 30 minutes later.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5990720.html

2. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

why is this news???

3. chicagotexan2

chicagotexan2 IDBLDogDareU

They found VY trying to hot wire the Oscar Meyer Mobile.

TEXANRED likes this.
  4. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

That is what the world is asking as well.

Vince, just stay home, stop freaking your family by making them think you are unbalanced, and making them call the police because they are worried that you will kill yourself. Also, it would be a good idea NOT to have a gun with you when your family thinks you may be suicidal.

When the police get called, it becomes a story.

5. Stemp

Stemp Brew Master

Becuase it shows how concerned the Titans are that VY can't "handle it". If someone I know disappears for a few hours, I may raise and eyebrow, but won't be concerned enough to call the cops. The fact that they called the police shows that his mental state is highly suspect and that his coaches believe he may be capable of a mental collapse.

6. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Based on the wonderlic, if he has a mental collapse, it won't have far to collapse.

SeƱor Stan likes this.
  7. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Because cops spend most of their time looking for starting NFL QBs...right?

8. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

Wow, I had no idea he was this emotionally fragile.
    Not trying to be ugly or anything, just surprised that this is an issue for VY.
    Sounds like he needs to attend the David Carr School of Just Have Fun and ignore the crowd.

sakebomb and Maddict5 like this.

9. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

Because NFL head coaches routinely call the police to help in locating a possibly disturbed quarterback.

10. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

"Tennessee law permits unloaded firearms in vehicles as long as no ammunition is present."

so if the chit hits the fan, what do you do, call timeout until you can locate some ammo? I don't care much for that law...

as for the cops out looking for vy, maybe the Nahville detectives can assist in locating his missing passing game as well.

Koolaid Time likes this.
  11. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

i've been in situations where I've been angry and go and drive off for a couple of hours..................sometimes it worries others, but at that point in time, you're not thinking straight. I'm not making much of this.........kinda reminds me of T.O. "trying to commit suicide" a couple of years back..................

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

What we're reading in the stories is all "Police weren't worried" and "After talking to the coach and the police everything turned out fine" and all that but the real story is the stuff that nobody is talking about. What exactly did he do or has he been doing to make people close to him think that he might be a danger to himself? What did those people say to Fisher to convince him that the police needed to be called and that everybody needed to start searching for Vince Young like this was The Truman Show or something?

See, in general having a hot potato issue like a quitting QB or a guy whose a bit of a head case as your team leader isn't something that most NFL teams want a lot of light shone on. Likewise most people who start talking to others outside their immediate family about a person being a danger to himself have seen or heard something to make them believe it.

This story might fade a little bit in the short term now that damage-control has gone into effect but it's not going away. It is entirely possible that the team that screwed the pooch biggest on the "Big Three" of the first round of 2006 might turn out to be Bud's Titans.

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

earl campbell must think vy a nuisance.

14. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

no one ever said he was a danger to himself.....

edit

and they found him at a friends house..............doesn't sound like anything "crazy" to me.........

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  15. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

I dunno, but wan't there a story circulating that VY had considered retirering after his first NFL season ? I'm pretty sure I read something along these lines and I was certainly surpirised because by all indications his rookie year in the NFL was a rousing success ? I believe he was named offensive ROY ?
    But that story was an eye-opener for me and gave some insight into a guys psyche who was a success in his field, even a sports celeb who I'd always assumed was also very care-free and secure.

16. 2BCF

2BCF Hall of Fame

It's implied, surely you can see that.

Also here:
    http://www.wkrn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8976169&nav=menu5_4

17. The Dream

The Dream Hall of Fame

which is why I don't see what the big deal is...........

18. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

19. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

If its someone who has enough money to beat the charge regardless.

20. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

The big deal is his family knows he is currently messed up in the head. Otherwise, why would they bother calling the police? It was a huge deal to them. If a family member went home pissed/sad/emotionally distraught, and left the house with a gun and not telling anyone about his intentions, I sure as hell would be worried.