Titans/ Norm Chow do not want Vince Young!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by MikeMc, Apr 23, 2006.

1. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

From chron.com:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3813046.html

The key part is the following (regarding QBs Billy Hart vs Matt Leinart at USC):

So at #3, the Titans will not take VY, no matter what all of you armchair gurus think! VY does not fit the Norm Chow QB....he will go to the Raiders where he will be able to throw jump balls to Randy Moss!

2. texman8

texman8 Veteran

We won't know which QB Titans will pick till draft day. Adams and Reece want VY...coaches want Leinart....we shall see.

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I will take armchair gurus over amrchair soothsayers.

4. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

I take it that Adams and Reese want to win a SB. They hired Fisher & Chow to do that (especially Chow).....so there might be an argument for which QB is drafted in order to help the Titans win a SB. Bud Adams knows Oil Exploration and NFL Team relocation......Fisher & Chow know football.

5. bdiddy

bdiddy Veteran

That is a pretty big leap.

The sky is blue. My car is blue. Therefore, my car must be the sky.

Just because you say, don't make it true.

6. texman8

texman8 Veteran

Bud Adams knows cars, right. I think he still owns River Oaks Chrysler. You know what they say about (used) car salesman.:)

7. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

this article says nothing.

but the titans don't want young. cutler or leinart.

8. Tulip

Tulip Hall of Fame

If Floyd Reese really cared what Norm Chow wants, then perhaps this article would have some sort of relevance.

9. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I'd bet Chow isn't even there in two years....this won't be his decision.

10. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Agreed.

I was listening to part of the mock draft on Sporting News Radio and the TN newspaper guy was saying that Chow like Leinart but Reese likes VY, so Reese will win that battle.

The argument goes that if that organization wasn't afraid of Steve McNair's lack of polish and competition, they aren't gonna be afraid of taking Vince Young.

That mock was weird. Bush, D'Brickshaw, Young, Leinart, Mario....

Yeah, but I have to say that quote about Chow jumped off the page for me too. Hope it is true. It will be easier for Houston fans to get over no VY in town if he doesn't go to the Titanhicks.

11. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

Its funny i keep hearing norn chow wants leinart last i checked norm chown was and offensive cord not a coach not a General Manager Not Even A Minority owner on the titans.who really cares what Chow wants im sure bud adams doesnt give a damn.

12. GP

GP Go Texans!

Hmmmmmm....

The Titans are making life hard on Stevie lately.

Looks like Stevie is headed outta' Hickessee.

Chow is nowhere near the top of the decision making ladder on this issue. And Vinny is right, Chow is a goner in a few years.

My money is on this: Bush to Texans, Ferguson to Saints, and Young to Titans.

Bud and Reese will choose VY for all the right reasons: To spite Houston and solidify the leftover Oiler/Titans fans in Houston who need a reason to stay a fan once Stevie is hobbling out of guitar town. TELL ME DIFFERENT. I dare you. :)

13. MikeMc

MikeMc All Pro

If TEN drafts VY, it will do nothing but help the Texans..... VY will be a bust, and the Titans will have given up the chance to improve its team.

Win-Win for me. I assume Billy Volek is the heir apparent, but you never know. The reason for saying Chow wants Leinart is because he is the QB guru, OC, and former ML coach......he an Fisher are pals, and Fisher is a USC alum. Emotion plays into these picks.....Parcells will always pass on more talented players if that player is not a "Bill Parcells" guy. That is the first thing he does when scouting players.....does player X give 110%? does player X take plays off? does player X whine to coaches? etc.

14. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

it looks like the titans are 75% in favor of drafting cutler. leinart is a close second.

15. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

Sounds good. Once we trade with the Jets, Bush will be gone to N.Y. thank godness, Mario Williams will be in N.O., Matt Lienart will go to Tenn., and then Vince Young becomes a Texan. 90% of you Bush-Bandwagon guys will leave this message board, and or turn in you SEASON TICKETS, so thats 15 less season ticket holders so not a big deal.

16. Texans86

Texans86 All Pro

Great enthusiasm, but if we drop down to #4, it will probably mean we go defense with AJ Hawk, or OL with D'Brickashaw. I'm hoping we go with Hawk, since LB is leader of the defense, and a dominating LB makes the defense that much better.

17. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

Will not happen, if they drop to #4 it will be Vince, hands down. No need to take a OL, we will have plenty picks to grab them in the first day.

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

taking young at 4 is a reach.

19. Frank_The_Tank

Frank_The_Tank Veteran

No, passing on Vince at #4 is a reach. He is arguably the best athlete n this yearsdraft, plus Kubiak has already said he likes Young the best overall but Charley does not want him at the #1 pick. At number 4 all of Charleys favorite guys are gone, so Vince would be the guy.

20. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

young isn't even the best athlete in this draft at his position. there are several better athletes. bush, davis, m. williams...young will go somewhere between 9-13, so it's a reach.