Titans Cracking up????? Fisher??????

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by 4Texans, Sep 24, 2009.

1. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

Interesting observation ..........

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/24/titans-cracking-up/

W

2. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

Awww hell ! :texflag:

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

And just wait until Fisher is forced to play VY as a starter by Slug Adams. The owner has already gone on record as saying that VY is their future, so push will come to shove at some point in the near future.

4. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I forget who said it but a head coach has a shelf life of about ten years before his message gets too redundant.

5. Hookem Horns

Hookem Horns That Server Guy Staff Member

I am not disagreeing with that however my only issue with that is most NFL players don't last 10 years. Wouldn't you think as new guys come in the coach's message would be new to them?

RTP2110 likes this.
  6. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

I agree with that to a certain point, but a lot of the new guys will follow the old guys lead in their attitudes towards the message.

7. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

The day Tennessee fires Fisher is the day that this franchise begins to drop like a stone. I hope it happens soon...

8. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

donno, but it's rare to find a coach that coaches well past a decade anywhere.

9. Hooston Texan

Hooston Texan All Pro

I certainly wouldn't put it past the man who fired Bum to make another ***** move with his current coach.

I do not think his players have tuned Fisher out. They are playing hard, but the loss of Haynesworth is really exposing their secondary.

In the six years after Bum's firing, the Oilers went 23-66 with five last-place finishes. If Bud wants to revisit that period, good for him. We could certainly use two easy wins a year.

Now, it could be that someone like Cowher, Schottenheimer, Gruden or Shanahan could take Fisher's place, but I think they'll be hoping for other job openings (Dallas, Washington, Chicago, Carolina, San Diego). I don't think working for Bud is a challenge the high-profile guys want.

10. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

11. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

If Fisher is fired, then the Texans should be all over this guy if we're not in the playoffs. That would also be a great way to stick it to Bud Adams. Take his previous coach and beat him with it.

12. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

So Fisher is pissed off at a Nashville TV station (and rightfully so). Not sure how that qualifies as "Titans cracking up."

Better thread title would be "Shitty reporting makes Fisher blow his stack"

13. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

That, and also .... all head coaches pretty much have the same "message". Prepare like a pro, don't turn the ball over, be mentally tough, stay disciplined, yadda yadda ya.

"Familiarity breeds contempt" comes to mind, though.

14. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

It is was all reporters do now. There is no more Walter Cronkite, now all you have is "Boom There Goes the Dynamite" sensationalism type journalism. But going off like the Oklahoma coach "I'm a Man, I'm 40" rant is not a good sign. Fisher has never done that before, ever.

15. Silver Oak

Silver Oak Hall of Fame

you probably know your team better than I, but Fishers critics always point out his ultra conservative "play not to lose" philosophy, rather than "play to win" the game.

I always thought of JJ as liking a more wide open, high scoring offense, but with better weapons, maybe Fisher could change his spots?

16. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I think the Cowboys made a huge mistake the other night by not being more conservative and running the ball...they ended up with something like 250 yards running. They should have kept pounding the ball. Shoulda, coulda, woulda....

I'm curious if this talk is serious talk about Fisher losing his job or is it just much adieu about nothing..he's been there an awfully long time and he didn't just get stupid or anything as a coach. He's probably forgotten more than most coaches even knew.

I THINK he's the longest tenured coach in the NFL.

Everybody tosses out Coach Cowher's name..isn't he cut from the same cloth as Fisher? Run first..play conservative..tough D's...

17. toronto

toronto Hall of Fame

Correct, but think about what Fisher was steamed about. He is widely considered to be one of the most loyal, integrity-based coaches in the league, and is in charge of the rules committe IIRC.

For reporters to throw this garbage at him, and lets be clear, this was garbage, clearly accomplished something no bitter loss could. Fisher will not have his character run through the mud like this and I don't blame him.

FYI I work for an all-sports network and deal with reporters all the time. I asked a few about this and they all said the same thing to me, that they would never ever do this, especially when beat reporting for the main team in town, because that would make them unwelcome in the locker room, hence make them useless to the network.